Terrorist attack in Iran, not a single bleep from anyone.

Russia kicked out the ABC for broadcasting Babitsky's interview with Basayev in 2005.
There was nothing stopping American media from giving the kind of saturation coverage to terrorist attacks that one is familiar with when the attack happens to an allied nation. Plus our own political and pundit class were more reserved in their sympathy and condemnation on the Beslan massacre than they were on London 7/7, Madrid , Charlie Hebdo, attacks in Israel.

I wonder if the Bush admin would have kicked out any foreign news agency that gave a platform to Taleban and AQ to air their side of the story to an American audience. American society has always had a controlled media, most evident during the 1st Gulf War, where only the approved narrative was allowed to air. It likely came about after the impact coverage of the Vietnam war had on the US populace.

Last edited:
The Liberals are hawkish on foreign affairs. Just look at the WR even. The liberals are usually more hawkish. There has been unholy alliance of Liberals(actually leftists) and the MIC that ramped up after 9-11

Actually Liberal is not fair. True Liberals would be demanding transparency and non intervention overseas.

The Media is not Liberal at all. They are just a mouthpiece for the establishment and DNC

Yeah the people that the rightwing call liberals, like Hillary, aren't really liberals , they are big government establishment shills who are good at feigning liberal sympathies. Genuine leftists never shied away from vigorously attacking these elite liberals.

American media can always use Reuters, AP and many other sources to feature news on Russia. There was nothing stopping American media from giving the kind of saturation coverage to terrorist attacks that one is familiar with when the attack happens to an allied nation. Plus our own political and pundit class were more reserved in their sympathy and condemnation on the Beslan massacre than they were on London 7/7, Madrid , Charlie Hebdo, attacks in Israel.

No, I'm not saying the coverage didn't exist because of a lack of access. I'm saying the coverage was sympathetic with the Chechens.

There are bombs and attacks weekly in Afganistan, Pakistan, etc.

I don't see posts on sherdog for those, let alone flags on Facebook.

Must be sad to live in any 3rd world shithole ran by religious doctrine, rather than democracy manifest.

But people tend to think mass murder only happens because of white incels with easy access to guns. So their ignorance is kind of expected.

Like 90% of people in those countries like their country being ran with religion etc. They like it they just dont like terrorists who hurt their own.

No, I'm not saying the coverage didn't exist because of a lack of access. I'm saying the coverage was sympathetic with the Chechens.
Yeah I got that after a 2nd reading of your post. While I was editing my post to reflect my revised thinking, you replied with this post.

Yeah I agree with you.

Tragic, and unsurprising. It's really obvious that the U.S., Israel, and SA are trying to goad Iran into a conflict.

They're going to get it one way or another.

In fact, Donny Moscow is at the UN next week to speak about Iran.

They dont need to. Iran is not a good guy actor. If Iran was like Oman or malaysia they wouldnt be so hated. They actively cause issues globally. The US will cut a deal with Russia on addressing Iran. This is really Russias time to shine on American hypoxrisy and also make sure if Iran is taken out it ends up in Moscows hands.

How many people even know there’s a war going on in Yemen?
I've heard various reports about it on the news for quite a while now, so hopefully a lot of people, but then, I'm in Canada, so YMMV.

And this is another example of why the media is not really liberal like the rightwing always insists it is. The media is liberal on some domestic issues, but supportive of American hawkish attitudes on foreign affairs.
Liberal media was very positive in coverage of Obama’s nuclear deal...
The Liberals are hawkish on foreign affairs. Just look at the WR even. The liberals are usually more hawkish. There has been unholy alliance of Liberals(actually leftists) and the MIC that ramped up after 9-11

Actually Liberal is not fair. True Liberals would be demanding transparency and non intervention overseas.

The Media is not Liberal at all. They are just a mouthpiece for the establishment and DNC
Remind me, who was working for peace with Iran and a two state solution in Palestine...

... and who ripped up the Iran nuclear deal and decided to just give full recognition of Jerusalem to Israel.

My dudes, this “bothsideism” is going to make me lose my fucking mind.

No, neither side is perfect.

Yes, it can be nice to commiserate across the aisle.

But both sides are not EQUALLY bad... they’re just not.

MOSCOW (Sputnik) - Iranian Armed Forces spokesman, Brig. Gen. Abolfazl Shekarchi, told IRNA that the militants who had committed a terrorist attack on a military parade in the Iranian city of Ahvaz on Saturday were linked to the United States and Israel.

"These terrorists are not members of the Daesh* [terrorist group, banned in Russia] and do not belong to groups fighting the Islamic system. These people are linked to the United States and [Israeli intelligence service] Mossad. These militants were organized and trained by two countries of the Persian Gulf," Shekarchi said in an interview with a local agency.

The spokesman added that the servicemen had killed all four militants who committed the attack.

https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201809221068251890-ahvaz-attackers-us-israel/
The problem I have with this is that I think there is an equal chance this is absolutely true or totally made up.

So why don't the BBC and Sky News report Hezbollah and the Cocaine trade as I thought is Islam is against drugs ?

The far left in the west and what is now seem to be taking over the American left is anti intervention and often wants to disarm. The moderate centrist "liberals" in west like Tony blair are dying breed they seem exist only on the right wing side now. Labour that Blair led is unreconizable today it is like that for many left wing parties in west. Where as the left and right both for example supported Israel. Now it is the left in the west is way more critical and adopts the pro islam muslim are victims stuff and non israel friendly talking poins while the right has become more nationalist which is weird for western countries but yeah.

But you got some sick posters like @Rational Poster who is pro war and wants the whole world to become like America and follow and serve America.

They dont need to. Iran is not a good guy actor. If Iran was like Oman or malaysia they wouldnt be so hated. They actively cause issues globally. The US will cut a deal with Russia on addressing Iran. This is really Russias time to shine on American hypoxrisy and also make sure if Iran is taken out it ends up in Moscows hands.
LOL certainly the Russians want Iran. I'm pretty sure Putin got the idea from when Trump said the US should "just take their oil" and that it is they who would benefit from a proxy war in Iran no matter how it turns out.

IF
Trump starts a war in Iran he will once again be doing Putin's bidding. Mark my words. Trump will be out in 2-6 years so he doesn't give a fuck how a war in Iran turns out but Putin is going absolutely nowhere, barring some unwholesome tea, and he will manipulate Trump to make sure the US is in a no-win situation by the time he leaves office.

Edit: oddly, that could bring some stability to the region as the US approaches self-sufficiency in oil production while also still getting a lot from Saudi Arabia while giving Putin a much needed win and perhaps a greater feeling of security. It would be just as likely to embolden him further, mind you, but as long as I'm speculating on the future I can afford to be optimistic.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Putin got the idea from when Trump said the US should "just take their oil"
LMAO! How sure? Please be precise.

HAHA HAHA HA! Yeah, that's when he got the idea. OMFG.

How many people even know there’s a war going on in Yemen?
Allah Akbar! Death to America! Death to Israel! Curse the Jews! Victory to Islam!

Been watching the action for a while.

Liberal media was very positive in coverage of Obama’s nuclear deal...

Remind me, who was working for peace with Iran and a two state solution in Palestine...

... and who ripped up the Iran nuclear deal and decided to just give full recognition of Jerusalem to Israel.

My dudes, this “bothsideism” is going to make me lose my fucking mind.

No, neither side is perfect.

Yes, it can be nice to commiserate across the aisle.

But both sides are not EQUALLY bad... they’re just not.
Well they weren't negative, and yes generally positive, because the deal was good for the US and Israel.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/09/22/middleeast/iran-attack-parade-intl/index.html

29 people gunned down in a parade, no Iranian flags on facebook, no condolences from anyone, no nothing.

It must be pretty sad being a Shiite in this modern world, you get all the drawbacks of being muslim and none of the perks.

people focus on shocking news, mostly.

this many people dying in the middle east is far from shocking, unfortunately. its not prejudice. it just doesnt get good ratings or page hits. therefore, it isnt covered.

That's terrible. Hopefully they get the guys that did it. As much as I dislike Iran's leadership this is unacceptable behavior.

Back