Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
30-0

29 years old

arguably a greater technical boxer than Lomachenko, plus much more hard hitting

dude is a beast

tc.jpg

Crawford is very talented but has one good win. He needs to step it up.

Vacationed in Vegas a couple weeks before the Postol fight, shattered I missed out.

arguably a greater technical boxer than Lomachenko,
tc.jpg
<JagsKiddingMe>

This is literally the first time i've ever heard that proclamation

Then again i dont usually peruse this particular boxing forum much....

Anyways
His best win is postal
And he didnt even finish him

Meh. Honestly, I have never been that high on Crawford. I think he'd get eaten up against the top guys at 147.

He has his fair share of flaws. Once he gets tagged he often decides that going toe to toe is the best idea and he gets hit clean doing it. So far he still gets the better of his opponents but that is not a technically sound way to fight. You could say he's got great speed and we don't know yet where his power will cap off and he can be incredibly fun to watch but none of those things are technical and there is no way in hell he is better than Loma as far as boxing technique goes. Not even close. Even if he ends up with a much better career and goes forever undefeated it won't be because he's a technician.

He is not the best boxer! No big wins no name opponents. This week's fight he should beat the Dominican kid with no problems. That will not say anything about him.

Solid but not great fighter imo

On one hand, I think it can be argued that he deserves a bit more credit than he usually gets for what he has done. He was lineal and 135 and is now lineal at 140. There aren't that many fighters in the sport who are genuine champions, not just titlists, in two weight divisions while also never coming close to losing. At the same time, I think there are at least a few fighters in the sport who are more talented than him. Still, he has consistently outperformed my expectations for him, and he may continue to when he moves up to WW. I think Diaz will give him some real problems this weekend, but maybe I'm wrong about that, too.

He has his fair share of flaws. Once he gets tagged he often decides that going toe to toe is the best idea and he gets hit clean doing it. So far he still gets the better of his opponents but that is not a technically sound way to fight. You could say he's got great speed and we don't know yet where his power will cap off and he can be incredibly fun to watch but none of those things are technical and there is no way in hell he is better than Loma as far as boxing technique goes. Not even close. Even if he ends up with a much better career and goes forever undefeated it won't be because he's a technician.

It's tough to say he isn't a technician because you don't soundly outbox a guy like Postol without being one, but his best traits are his versatility and his mind. He's not the technical marvel that Lomachenko is, but he may very well be more adaptable. We'll see in time.

He's pretty good, and a versatile, physically gifted, interesting boxer to watch at that.

But in terms of achievements he's nowhere near the top spot.

Yeah I laughed at the thread title. Troll better.

Crawford is great but better technically than Lomachenko he is not.

<JagsKiddingMe>

This is literally the first time i've ever heard that proclamation

Then again i dont usually peruse this particular boxing forum much....

Anyways
His best win is postal
And he didnt even finish him
Loma is a neophyte.

Back