*T-1000 sits down at the table and waits for John Connor to arrive home*
*Roll credits*

James Cameron > @Clippy

" ... Yeah, I'll be home in a bit"
*T-1000 sits down at the table and waits for John Connor to arrive home*
*Roll credits*

James Cameron > @Clippy

There's other ways to write yourself out of plot holes

Have him wait yes but show up when the cops show up at the lunatic place, he hears the calls and THEN shows up for the asylum scene etc

Show him waiting and his police walky talky goes off and show him put two and two together and leave

Then there's no hole and the story still works

Have him wait yes but show up when the cops show up at the lunatic place, he hears the calls and THEN shows up for the asylum scene etc

Show him waiting and his police walky talky goes off and show him put two and two together and leave

Go sip some tea

PS T5 when Asian T-1000 throws a spear made of himself as a projectile, big fuck you to T2 who said that wasn't a thing T-1000 could do

But bro, the T-1000 was the pinnacle of technological evil. An unstoppable force of pure destruction. And you just put in a scene where he's sitting around doing nothing, only for him to hear on the radio he should be in the mental asylum instead and he's like 'Fuck sake. Feel like a fucken moron now'

But bro, the T-1000 was the pinnacle of technological evil. An unstoppable force of pure destruction. And you just put in a scene where he's sitting around doing nothing, only for him to hear on the radio he should be in the mental asylum instead and he's like 'Fuck sake. Feel like a fucken moron now'

Well we got to do something cause I don't like the hang up scene.

I tried to re-write it so it makes sense now you give it a go

giphy.gif

<DCrying>

Well we got to do something cause I don't like the hang up scene.

I tried to re-write it so it makes sense now you give it a go

Simple bro. The T-1000 is so advanced he immediately picks up on T-800's lame voice gimmick, then busts out his far superior voice imitation software to say

10lkUdy.gif

T-1000 shouldn't have been able to time travel at all. Nothing inorganic will go through the time travel device. And the T-1000 is all metal. No skin, no clothes, it's all metal that shapes itself to look like skin and clothes....but still metal.

That’s not a plothole, that’s just a teenaged character not being as slick as a mayberrian.

It wasn't the kid that asked the question about the dog though , it was the T2 imitating Connors voice.

Simple bro. The T-1000 is so advanced he immediately picks up on T-800's lame voice gimmick, then busts out his far superior voice imitation software to say

10lkUdy.gif

Yeah! We show T-1000 leave after he does the milky sword retraction and the T-800 says "He'll probably on to us" - after doing the "I'm coming home" fake out

We have to message James Cameron immediately

Social trait or not, he should have known that he blew his cover and that was a bad thing.

He could have said "Ok I'll be over soon stay there" before hanging up
"I'll be back ova there"

T-1000 shouldn't have been able to time travel at all. Nothing inorganic will go through the time travel device. And the T-1000 is all metal. No skin, no clothes, it's all metal that shapes itself to look like skin and clothes....but still metal.

The whole existence of the T-1000 is a gigantic plot-hole anyway. Reece explains in the first film that the t-800 was brand new, state of the art technology, and the resistance had all but won the war by the time it got sent back. There's no time for the machines to develop something much more advanced than the t-800 and the inorganic time-travel needed to send it back.

If they could send back inorganic things, why not just spam 1984 with these things.

24.jpg

"I'll be back ova there"

LOL!!! Good point, his accent doesn't carry over when he does kid imitation mode. That means the robot is intentionally talking in a slow thick accent 99% of the time :eek:

The whole existence of the T-1000 is a gigantic plot-hole anyway. Reece explains in the first film that the t-800 was brand new, state of the art technology, and the resistance had all but won the war by the time it got sent back. There's no time for the machines to develop something much more advanced than the t-800 and the inorganic time-travel needed to send it back.

If they could send back inorganic things, why not just spam 1984 with these things.

24.jpg

True

""The 600 series had rubber skin. We spotted them easy. But these are new. They look human. ""

The way I try to think of the TERMINATOR timeline is that each movie changes the timeline, and so the increasingly sophisticated and advanced robots that come back are a product of the changes made by Sarah, John, and Company during the present. Because of this, it's not unreasonable to consider multiple timelines splintering from initial timeline like fractal descendants but that would seriously jeopardize story coherence in an already-confusing gimmick. Multiple timelines were handled pretty well in Jet Li's THE ONE tho.

OP, you remind me a bit of one of those people who will sit there and take people flying with jetpacks, casting magic spells, fighting giant monsters etc etc in stride, and then say "Well, it's totally unrealistic that character X would treat character Y like that."

Writing fiction doesn't change the need for consistency.

Why bother with John Conner? Just send some robots back to act like scientist and develop the skynet itself.

Or don't even directly interact with John. Leave 5 lbs of weed and shrooms in his room.

Back