Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines

I really can't add much since it's been repeated many times but I'd summarize

-Poor writing as pointed out by Mr. Bisexualmma
-Cringeworthy scenes as pointed out by Mr. Worm
-Poor casting
-Arnold was too old for the role. No matter how you slice it Arnold playing the Terminator when he's 43 is a much easier sell than Arnold at 55.

Really if they were going to do this movie with Arnold as a third act I think it needed to be a James Cameron movie than came out in the 90's not too long after T2. Much like Indiana Jones 4 they waited too long to get this movie out among other things.

I think it's nowhere near as good as T1 or T2, but it's better than it's given credit for.

If it wasn't a Terminator movie, it would be respected as a 7.5/10 kind of sci-fi actioner.

You would say this dumb shit

This movie is utter garbage.

T1- entry of the terminator - Kills hooligans- badass
T2 -entry of theT1000 entrance kills cop
-entry of the T-800 fucks everyone up at the bar

T3- Terminator entrance to a strip joint for ladies
T-800 goes in and tells the male stripper to give him his clothes
male stripper does the hand to the face and says in the gayest voice, talk to the hand bitch and the terminator talks to the hand. lamest fucking movie ever especially coming from such classics

shadow priest has made threads about dudes having sex in prison so it doesnt surprise me that he likes this movie

I really can't add much since it's been repeated many times but I'd summarize

-Poor writing as pointed out by Mr. Bisexualmma
-Cringeworthy scenes as pointed out by Mr. Worm
-Poor casting
-Arnold was too old for the role. No matter how you slice it Arnold playing the Terminator when he's 43 is a much easier sell than Arnold at 55.

Really if they were going to do this movie with Arnold as a third act I think it needed to be a James Cameron movie than came out in the 90's not too long after T2. Much like Indiana Jones 4 they waited too long to get this movie out among other things.

It should also be noted that arnold turned down this movie atleast a few times.

He announced his political run and accepted an absurd amount of money to do this movie. Around 50 mill if i remember right. This movie had no heart and was a cash grab only

I remember thinking this wasn't that bad, not even close as great as the first two, but not downright awful. I liked it better than the Christian Bale one. Haven't watched the latest one, but I hear it's bad.

It's the worst. The change in Kyle Reeses character indicates a major problem in Hollywood, and society in general.. Millenials don't even know how to ACT like serious males handling a serious situation.

It was maybe the worst movie I have seen in the last 5 years.

Last edited:
That's the thing though, it is a Terminator movie. Terminator 3, as in the follow up to 1 and 2!! The finale of the Terminator trilogy! I just watched it fairly recently and just couldn't get over how poorly it was directed, I cringed at so many of the shots. The story also was bad, and Nick Stahl as John Conner really? Was there nobody else that could have pulled that off?

Also didn't care for the female robot villain, that scene where Arnold kills her is so bad, "You are Terminated!".

Cameron specifcally closed the door for a t3 by how he finished the story in t2. So even the idea of a t3 was bad.

You really shouldnt have gone in with high expectations.

Cameron specifcally closed the door for a t3 by how he finished the story in t2. So even the idea of a t3 was bad.

You really shouldnt have gone in with high expectations.

I don't know, I thought the story was still kind of open. Skynet sends back the first Terminator to 1984, that Terminator gets destroyed and they cover everything up and use the arm and micro chip to develop that technology that eventually becomes self aware. In Terminator 2 John and his mom destroy the chip and the arm from the first Terminator from 1984 but the original timeline Skynet becomes self aware without the Terminator remains from 1984, Skynet has to become a thing first to be able to send something back in time to 1984 in the first place. I think the machines coming self aware and trying to wipe humans out was like an inevitable fate the only way to stop it would be to go back in time and kill off people who invented certain things, I don't know if our evolution towards technology is something that could even be stopped by that, it's like our ultimate fate that we can't escape.

It's the post apocalyptic battle in the future between man and machine that could have made a great T3, that war was inevitably going to happen in that universe no matter what. So Sarah Conner and her son delay the inevitable doing what they did in T2 but Skynet still comes to existence the way it originally did before all the time traveling come into play, John Conner in the future already sent Kyle Reese back to save his unborn self, he stole and hacked the T-800 to send back in 1991 but everything still happened and the war rages on. How does that war end should have been the question answered in a proper T3, show us the end of the war and wrap it up as a proper trilogy. Instead they gave us some 2003 mass appeal bubblegum bullshit.

Sarah and young John didn't stop Skynet in Terminator 2, they just stopped Skynet's attempt to kill John Conner(just as Sarah and Kyle did in the first movie set in 84), they never stopped the original source of the version of Skynet that sent the first Terminator back in time to 1984. My theory is that the remains left by the first Terminator would have only sped up the existence of Skynet by a few years(they were not the catalyst for Skynet's existence), while what Sarah/John did to those remains in T2 only pushed it back to it's original date.

Last edited:
I disagree. I thought T3 was the worst of the bunch.

Terminator-3-3.jpg

tumblr_ng62toeDe91tai218o1_400.gif

Cringeworthy

Salvation was way better than this - But not even close to T1 or T2!

Sorry gotta agree with my boy @shadow_priest_x. Sure T3 missed in a lot of spots but Genisys was an abortion of a movie and basically tries to invalidate the whole franchise. Salvation was hot garbage too. Literally didn't even feel like a Terminator movie and relied on that dude from Avatar that has the acting chops of Hayden Christensen. Shit the only thing I liked about Salvation was the Nine Inch Nails song on the the trailers from The Fragile. Got me so hyped for nothing. At least in T3 we get a healthy dose of Arnie and a hot chick terminator.

Seriously Salvation's trailer was better than the movie itself.

Sorry gotta agree with my boy @shadow_priest_x. Sure T3 missed in a lot of spots but Genisys was an abortion of a movie and basically tries to invalidate the whole franchise. Salvation was hot garbage too. Literally didn't even feel like a Terminator movie and relied on that dude from Avatar that has the acting chops of Hayden Christensen. Shit the only thing I liked about Salvation was the Nine Inch Nails song on the the trailers from The Fragile. Got me so hyped for nothing. At least in T3 we get a healthy dose of Arnie and a hot chick terminator.

Seriously Salvation's trailer was better than the movie itself.

Bro fist.

Agree on everything except Sam Worthington. If you want to see a good performance from him, go watch Sabotage. He's just a supporting character but he does a great job of disappearing into the role.

This film was too PC. Since then, I stopped with the series.

Bro fist.

Agree on everything except Sam Worthington. If you want to see a good performance from him, go watch Sabotage. He's just a supporting character but he does a great job of disappearing into the role.

I don't care for the guy, but he was far from the worst thing about TS. He was just kind of there, like everyone else, including great actors like Micheal Ironside, Christian Bale, and Anton Yelchin. TS was just soulless, and it really was ALL McG's fault. I don't even think anything in particular was all that weak, in terms of plot or production. It was just handled pathetically by some clown who had no clue how to make it all come together. There is absolutely nothing memorable about that flick. It's one of the most boring action flicks I've ever seen, and I can't fault the writers, or the cast. It was just poorly directed. Every single beat that could've been hit, was missed.

McG turned chicken salad into chicken shit with that flick.

I don't care for the guy, but he was far from the worst thing about TS. He was just kind of there, like everyone else, including great actors like Micheal Ironside, Christian Bale, and Anton Yelchin. TS was just soulless, and it really was ALL McG's fault. I don't even think anything in particular was all that weak, in terms of plot. It was just handled pathetically. There is absolutely nothing memorable about that flick. It's one of the most boring action flicks I've ever seen, and I can't fault the writers, or the cast. It was just poorly directed. Every single beat that could've been hit, was missed.

McG turned chicken salad into chicken shit with that flick.

I didn't like the script for Terminator: Salvation either. I think the writers and McG deserve to share the blame equally. The film did have some well-shot action. It wasn't really in the service of interesting characters, so it didn't matter too much. But I think the action was boring largely because the characters and the stakes weren't compelling, not because the action was shot especially poorly.

The script was chicken feet, and maybe McG turned that into chicken shit.

I didn't like the script for Terminator: Salvation either. I think the writers and McG deserve to share the blame equally. The film did have some well-shot action. It wasn't really in the service of interesting characters, so it didn't matter too much. But I think the action was boring largely because the characters and the stakes weren't compelling, not because the action was shot especially poorly.

The script was chicken feet, and maybe McG turned that into chicken shit.

What exactly were your grievances with the plot? It's been a while, so I can't dissect it too much, but I remember it being serviceable. Same with the performances. It seemed like everyone put in a genuine effort, except the people responsible for putting out the final product.

What exactly were your grievances with the plot? It's been a while, so I can't dissect it too much, but I remember it being serviceable. Same with the performances. It seemed like everyone put in a genuine effort, except the people responsible for putting out the final product.

I'll agree that the performances were all serviceable, and in the case of Anton Yelchin, good.

I'll just bullet point the issues I can think of off the top of my head (plot only, since that was your question)...

- The John Connor stabbed-in-the-heart with field medic heart transplant was absolutely ridiculous.
- Didn't like the backstory of Sam Worthington's character and how him signing his body over set the stage for the whole movie.
- Didn't like lousy expository dialogue like "my brother and two cops are dead because of me."
- The Skynet plan as a whole involving Sam Worthington was...questionable at best. It left a lot to chance, to say the least. He's just set adrift in the middle of the desert and fortunately runs into the key characters the plan requires him to meet. With Skynet's own Terminators actually trying to kill him before he can get anywhere.
- Just the general notion of the human-machine-hybrid guy being the central character instead of John or Reese was the wrong way to go. We didn't need that character, certainly not as the protagonist, and it just muddles up the story. On top of that, we've already seen a complete machine appreciate life and sacrifice himself (T2) so there's really no surprise, impact or message when a half-machine does it. The whole Worthington character and storyline should have been smaller, if there at all.

Like T3, it was a flawed idea before it got to the director. But at least the script and director took the subject matter seriously for Salvation. I didn't like Salvation very much, but I can probably make a longer list of individual things in it that I liked than I could for T3.

I would agree that the whole subplot about Sam Worthington's character drags Terminator Salvation down.

I would agree that the whole subplot about Sam Worthington's character drags Terminator Salvation down.
Not really. He was ok in it. He would have been too valuable to kill like that, however, so that end plot point kind of failed. Salvation was an ok movie, it just didn't feel like a terminator movie. Also, it crapped on T1 canon a bit, as Reese was a worker helping build machines when he got hos numbers etc.. The main problem with salvation is Bale obviously wasn't Conner, he was Bale. The war didn't look enough like it did in the flash forwards, either. RIP Yelchin. Salvation as a STAND ALONE movie may have been better than T3, but It just had the feel of a different universe.

Also anyone putting Genisys above ANY of the other movies, you're on crack. That is the worst movie I've seen in a theater in about a decade. And I've seen Suicide Squad and BvS. It was worse than one of those Resident Evil movies ffs.

I would have left if I wasn't with people. Dafuq were they thinking casting Jai Courtney for Kyle Reese btw? That guy is awful.

You would say this dumb shit

This movie is utter garbage.

T1- entry of the terminator - Kills hooligans- badass
T2 -entry of theT1000 entrance kills cop
-entry of the T-800 fucks everyone up at the bar

T3- Terminator entrance to a strip joint for ladies
T-800 goes in and tells the male stripper to give him his clothes
male stripper does the hand to the face and says in the gayest voice, talk to the hand bitch and the terminator talks to the hand. lamest fucking movie ever especially coming from such classics

shadow priest has made threads about dudes having sex in prison so it doesnt surprise me that he likes this movie

Thanks... you just reminded me how hilarious that scene is in T3. Must watch again.

I'm going to point out something that needs to get mentioned and the fact it didn't get used pisses me off. There was a series of books that used the Teminator/Human hybrid that was set a few years after Terminator 2. The series was T2 by S. M. Stirling with the subtitles of Infiltrator, Rising Storm, and The Future War. It shows why Kyle got the scar that was shown in the beginning of T2, why Skynet used the "Arnold" body as the Terminator, and other fun things. It's a must check out series if you love Terminator up to T2 and you couldn't stand T3, TS, or TG.

Back