Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines

shinobimusashi

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
latest

Is it just me or was this one of the most disappointing movies ever? I was pretty hyped for T3 for so long, and then was so utterly disappointed by what we got. Whoever casted and directed this needs to be horsewhipped. CGI also is crazy bad, like the CGI from T2 in 1991 is better, how is that even possible? What the fuck happened with this movie?!?! It's like my hate grows for it every time I watch it.

I think it's nowhere near as good as T1 or T2, but it's better than it's given credit for.

If it wasn't a Terminator movie, it would be respected as a 7/10 kind of sci-fi actioner.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the thing though, it is a Terminator movie. Terminator 3, as in the follow up to 1 and 2!! The finale of the Terminator trilogy! I just watched it fairly recently and just couldn't get over how poorly it was directed, I cringed at so many of the shots. The story also was bad, and Nick Stahl as John Conner really? Was there nobody else that could have pulled that off?

Also didn't care for the female robot villain, that scene where Arnold kills her is so bad, "You are Terminated!".

Man I remember seeing the first trailer during Super Bowl XXXVII(Raiders vs Bucs 2002-2003), I was beyond hyped.

Can you imagine a proper T3 directed by James Cameron in like 93-94? :eek: Rise of the Machines was a decade late.

The rights sat in purgatory for years and no one wanted to do shit for it. Nick Stahl, while a decent actor, was a whiny manbaby as John Conner, not wanting to face his destiny. Hell, Claire Danes' character had more balls than he did.

T2 was a stupidly tough act to follow. The movie really wasn't bad, but it's not going to compare to its predecessor.

latest

Is it just me or was this one of the most disappointing movies ever? I was pretty hyped for T3 for so long, and then was so utterly disappointed by what we got. Whoever casted and directed this needs to be horsewhipped. CGI also is crazy bad, like the CGI from T2 in 1991 is better, how is that even possible? What the fuck happened with this movie?!?! It's like my hate grows for it every time I watch it.
The only thing I remember loving was the first fight with the new model and Arnie outside the vet clinic, and the sexual tension of "so you just met this person and you hate her, but you just found out that you're totally going to bone the shit out of her at some point because she's your wife in the future".

Everyone focused their hate on the girl who played the Terminator since she was such a massive disappointment after Robert Patrick, but by far the worst performance in that movie was given by Nick Stahl.

The only positive for that movie was the ending.. I thought that was well done

That's the thing though, it is a Terminator movie. Terminator 3, as in the follow up to 1 and 2!! The finale of the Terminator trilogy! I just watched it fairly recently and just couldn't get over how poorly it was directed, I cringed at so many of the shots. The story also was bad, and Nick Stahl as John Conner really? Was there nobody else that could have pulled that off?

Also didn't care for the female robot villain, that scene where Arnold kills her is so bad, "You are Terminated!".
Hot AF tho

Wasn't even close to as good as T1 or T2. Still better than the 4th and 5th movie though.

Two words: Shit Sandwich.

I remember seeing it in theaters and being so utterly bored and savagely disappointed at the same time. I suppose I was naively expecting it to be just as awesome as T2. But upon repeat viewings, it's just terrible. I don't think I'll ever watch it again, at least not in its entirety. It's just a shit film through and through.

Funnily enough, this movie is one of the reasons I almost always enter every single movie I see with tempered expectations.

latest

There was a lot wrong with that movie, but the very worst thing about it was Nick Stahl as John Connor. In no way, shape, or form was it believable that that character could be thrust into the role of leader of the resistance against the machines. John Connor should have been much grittier, confident, and street wise at that point in his life.

Last edited:
Oh yeah certainly one of the WOAT movies ive seen . God damn was that nothing more than a cheap cash grab.

After 2 there is absolutely nothing you could do with a story outside of a movie set in the future where people were battling the machines

It was such a bad movie, it lowered expectations for the franchine so low, that Salvation was awesome by comparison.

Note, I added 'by comparison' at the end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back