Terence Crawford's career development

Anybody know the status of his contract, he must move to 147 and sign with Haymon if he ever plans to be a big name

Overall the transition from Prescott to Burns to Gamboa to Dulorme to Postol has been the perfect track, but putting Postol on PPV was a mistake and he's stalled since then. 140 isn't great right now but he could be doing better than Molina. Arum has 3 options for him that don't seem too great.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2017/3/9...otential-opponents-for-terence-crawford-gives

A move to 147 may be necessary. Also talks of a Lomachenko fight are dumb.

He's being moved poorly. His best win that most people saw was against a guy who should be fighting at 130 pounds and his coming out party at 140 ended up on a PPV that no one bought.

Bob is just using him as a name to keep people interested in Pacquiao. He would have better luck if he dropped Top Rank.
I think Bob is saving him until he knows for a fact he can take out Pac. That way he has a new golden child. He wants to sacrifice Pac in house and that way he benefits from it too. Just my theory.

I think its funny how Spence now has way more buzz and push behind him. To me that says a lot about the difference in promotions.
Im very disappointed they got Shakur too.

Also, isnt Crawford still facing some jail time? That surely wont help.
The dude is legit and he can beat any of them. Unfortunately Top Rank aint going to take no risk or progress anyone at a decent rate.

Overall the transition from Prescott to Burns to Gamboa to Dulorme to Postol has been the perfect track, but putting Postol on PPV was a mistake and he's stalled since then. 140 isn't great right now but he could be doing better than Molina. Arum has 3 options for him that don't seem too great.

http://www.badlefthook.com/2017/3/9...otential-opponents-for-terence-crawford-gives

A move to 147 may be necessary. Also talks of a Lomachenko fight are dumb.
That article is gold. Exactly!!!
- "We have a great options for Crawford...i have no idea the guys name though...you know whats his name...."
-We let Donair go because we couldnt possibly find him a fight. LMAO

THIS IS SOME OF THE WORST PROMOTION I HAVE EVER HEARD. Bob really is losing it. He should hire a young energetic dude to be the face and just sit home miserable in his castle and swim in his piles of money.

I think Bob is saving him until he knows for a fact he can take out Pac. That way he has a new golden child. He wants to sacrifice Pac in house and that way he benefits from it too. Just my theory.

I think its funny how Spence now has way more buzz and push behind him. To me that says a lot about the difference in promotions.
Im very disappointed they got Shakur too.

Also, isnt Crawford still facing some jail time? That surely wont help.
The dude is legit and he can beat any of them. Unfortunately Top Rank aint going to take no risk or progress anyone at a decent rate.
I think he can make waves at 140. I think he gets eaten up at 147.

I think he can make waves at 140. I think he gets eaten up at 147.
Its almost better to be in the running at 147 than at the king of 140.
What makes you think he gets crushed at 147?

Its almost better to be in the running at 147 than at the king of 140.
What makes you think he gets crushed at 147?
Too many sharks at the weight and to be perfectly honest, I'm not as impressed with Crawford as other people are.

Too many sharks at the weight and to be perfectly honest, I'm not as impressed with Crawford as other people are.
Yeah 147 is the hot bed. Broner vs Crawford makes a lot of sense. Would be a good gauge because Broner is the exact example of which you speak. I guy who makes waves lower but gets eaten by 147ers. Instead because of petty promotion and networks they are going after Gronodos. The loser of the Broner fight. Top Rank logic

Who are the sharks? Only Spence has A type talent and he'll be at 154 soon.

Maybe he needs to reinvent himself, like play the villain, or even talk mad $hit after every fight.
Run out next Pacquiao fight under the ruse to congratulate him. Stone Cold Stunner Freddie Roach. Grab the mic from Kellerman, challenge Pacquiao, put a Stunner on Max, by this point Pacquiaos already rolled under the ropes and is half way up the entrance shaking his head in disappointment because he's a good man and u don't do things like that.
Crawford rips his shirt off to display an NWO shirt underneath and downs 2 beers of the cheapest shit u can find.

I wouldn't pick him to beat Thurman, Porter or Garcia. I'd like to see him fight Khan, maybe. Get a better idea of where he's at.

He has the talent to fight anyone at 147 but pretty often he chooses to go to war with his opponents and gets hurt while he takes them out. That's fine and well at 140 but doing that with 147 pound beasts might not end so well.

For whatever reason the jump from 140 to 147 really seems like one of the biggest leaps in boxing. You can have all the skill and speed in the world but if you can't back it up with a solid chin someone is going to catch you.

He was fighting midgets until a year or two ago.

He's been given a soft touch which other guys his size and his apparent skill level were not.

Crawford wasn't even a titlist till he beat Burns, which was around three years and his first major fight was Gamboa (about 2.5 years ago), so it's normal for him to be fighting underwhelming competition before his first major step up (Burns). most of his opponents have been near, at or even above his size (with the exception of Gamboa) since.

Neither LW or JWW are really hot divisions. LW's arguably the worst in the sport (or at least was when Crawford was champ) and 140 is probably one of the worst right now. I agree that Felix Diaz Jr. would be a good opponent, and a good preparation for 147, but I don't think I'd say he's better than Postol. It's not really his fault TBH, he's going to have to jump to 147 to get big fights (and to be fair, he seems to have really wanted the Pac fight). I think he'd be the best 147er, so whatever happens, I'm hoping he makes that jump sooner than later (and he probably will, because apparently making weight has been tough).

He should be calling guys out and pressuring them. He should be calling out Pac, Broner, Thurman and so forth until they cant go through an interview without being asked about him.

Given that he is undefeated and it was just stated that he has the desire to unify belts at 140, it doesn't correlate that he would call out bigger guys at 147. Makes no sense especially since those guys that are filled out WW can crack in a way that he is not used to. Interferes with his existing agenda.

He'll probably be methodical outside the ring to build his career like he is inside it, but don't expect some soaring career backed by a colourful story.

Although his defense can sharpen up, if he slabs some flesh on him delicately he can penetrate adequately in 147s. I think being conservative would suit him well for the first two years in that weightclass as his nervous system adapts accordingly. The move would need to be permanent as cutting back and forth between 147 and 140 is ill advised.

He has the frame to swell nicely Mr Seano, who wouldn't want to taste such gorged flesh?

Pac, Bradley, Thurman, Spence (you mentioned), Brook can all really give him trouble. Khan gave Alvarez trouble for five rounds and I bet Khan gives Crawford some trouble too though I'm not sold on how that one goes, I'd have to watch some of their stuff and compare. As was said earlier, he looks good at 140, but 147 just might be too much for him for a variety of reasons. Up yet another weight class may be a bridge too far for him. His punches might not get any respect. His stamina will drop as he adds muscle and mass to his cardiovascular system. He might not be able to take a punch from the bigger guys. Also, Crawford is used to, for much of his career, being the bigger guy - against skillful bigger guys he will face some real trouble.

Given that he is undefeated and it was just stated that he has the desire to unify belts at 140, it doesn't correlate that he would call out bigger guys at 147. Makes no sense especially since those guys that are filled out WW can crack in a way that he is not used to. Interferes with his existing agenda.

He'll probably be methodical outside the ring to build his career like he is inside it, but don't expect some soaring career backed by a colourful story.
I'm not saying that he has to right away but if he wants big fights then that seems to be the most effective method. I'm not even sure who the other two title holders are but hopefully he can get them to fight soon.

I'm not saying that he has to right away but if he wants big fights then that seems to be the most effective method. I'm not even sure who the other two title holders are but hopefully he can get them to fight soon.

Yeah honestly those 2 title holders should just step up and truncate this whole process. Let's get him up into fights that will be real inteiguing.

Burns (WBA) and Indongo (IBF along with the IBO). They're scheduled to fight in Glasgow, Scotland to unify those titles next month on the 15th. Crawford can simply fight the winner and one of them will be walking away as the undisputed champion (full WBA, WBC, IBF & WBO world titles). This will produce two unified world titleholders in the division, Crawford already being the lineal champion and a unified titleholder himself (WBC & WBO).

Terence already holds a win over Burns at Lightweight for his WBO title and they fought in Glasgow for it. Crawford and Indongo aren't against traveling, at least not when it comes to fighting Burns for Crawford. This will mark the second consecutive time that Indongo has traveled (fought in Russia last against Troyanovsky).

http://boxrec.com/boxer/71275
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/terence-crawfords-career-development.3491237/#post-128186117

Last edited:
Unifying all 4 belts is great if you're fighting top level opposition, but I really don't see the point when you have to fight someone you already outclassed

Back