Terence Crawford vs Jose Benavidez

borntoloseNOT

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Saturday.

TC should obviously be considered favorite, and Benavidez coming off the layoff and only fought bums since is another name who sounds better than the resume suggests. That being said, Jose's STILL a Benavidez, his bro is killing it at SMW, and he possesses a lot of confidence coming in. Could it be a decent scrap? Personally, I hope so, but I'm asking forum.

Another TC slaughter or Benavidez surprises us?

Saturday.

TC should obviously be considered favorite, and Benavidez coming off the layoff and only fought bums since is another name who sounds better than the resume suggests. That being said, Jose's STILL a Benavidez, his bro is killing it at SMW, and he possesses a lot of confidence coming in. Could it be a decent scrap? Personally, I hope so, but I'm asking forum.

Another TC slaughter or Benavidez surprises us?

The Benavidez Bros. actually have a good background. Surprisingly it was through the help of Jose that David honed his skills. I don't know why people are brushing off Jose. Jose is a natural sized Welterweight, getting better in each fight... I mean TC made horrible mistakes against little Hank Lundy who's a Lightweight at best. For me personally, seeing how TC will be 32 this year, he was milking 135 too long, draining, and that karma will return to him. It's just some vibe that many of us don't like about Top Rank, and I have an itchy feeling that Benavidez will expose TC. Benavidez is probably 165lbs on fight night compared to skinny ass Indongo who fights at 145lbs on fight night... who was also rag dolled around by Prograis being pushed by jabs ffs...and I don't think Prograis can even crack like Mikey Garcia TBTH.

It will be a good fight. Jose just 26 years of age this will be a huge stepping stone. Expect some shady cards like the Horn fight, Arum needs someone like Benavidez as security anyways since he and his brother share a similar brand name and is younger, which benefits Top Rank longer. I mean Pac just signed with Haymon and Koncz is trying to sue Pacquiao.... Top Rank is suspect and the karma is soon!

Crawford will whoop him. The only question in my mind is if Benavidez will see the final bell.

I'm interested in this fight. Undefeated fighters, a ton of trash talk, both riding KO streaks. Obviously bummed Crawford isn't fighting one of the PBC welterweights, but at least this fight has a decent story behind it.

Crawford will whoop him. The only question in my mind is if Benavidez will see the final bell.
So no hope for Benavidez in your mind, eh? He did beat spoiler Herrera pretty young, but I know this hardly means he has anything for TC. I personally think he stands a chance to make it interesting, though. Fights at a 12 round pace, come through some adversity in his career and in life, throws with accuracy, he's big... 6 yrs younger too.

These two have hated each other for a while. They've had 3 confrontations over the last 8-10 months. Look at what happened at their weigh-in today (20 second clip of their altercation).

Bud is going to beat the fucking brakes off of him.

Something about Crawford rubs me the wrong way.

Does that punch seems fake to you? how he curls the hand, and also missing on such short distance on an unsuspecting opponent.

Benavidez is a local hero here in AZ , would always hear about him when I was a young kid coming up . He's got the skill and experience and has a shot at beating Crawford .

I still see Crawford beating Jose though , my opinion is Tbud gets a UD or late stoppage but Benavidez puts up a good fight.

Something about Crawford rubs me the wrong way.

I'm feel feeling the same. His resume is thin if you really look at it. I hope Benavidez KOs him.

Does that punch seems fake to you? how he curls the hand, and also missing on such short distance on an unsuspecting opponent.

I think Benavidez has a little more than people are giving him credit for. This is typical Top Rank trying to pick an overmatched fighter or guy they thought was done. The jury was still out on Jose, we don't know who he is yet. TC SHOULD be the favorite, but Benavidez might very well have a little something for him. Beating bums like Diaz, Horn, and Indongo is not the makings of some unstoppable God, TC is human, and could look it tomorrow night just l Iike lil Gamboa made him look.

Back