Terence Crawford sentenced to 90 days jail today.

ASilvaMoney

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I didn't see any threads on this but boxing superstar Terence Crawford was immediately taken to jail today following his sentencing of charges stemming from an April incident.

Omaha, NE has a good time ratio of 1 day off your sentence for everyday you are in jail, starting day 16. So if Terence doesn't get in trouble while incarcerated, he will be out in 53 days.

Crawford is already a superstar with a very bright future in boxing, so hopefully this doesnt affect his future much and hopefully this doesn't become a pattern.

Link:
http://www.ketv.com/article/world-b...ed-to-jail-following-court-appearance/8503284

Huh. Apparently he had some disagreement with a bodyshop that was painting his car, and he went with some friends to take the car without payment.

According to the shop owner, Terence said "When you have money, you can do what you want" which sounds like something a cartoon villain would say. Not sure I buy that. What also doesn't make sense is that the shop owner was apparently there, but blames Crawford for leaving his lift on. But whatever, guilty is guilty.

Too bad to see. It's not a lot of time, but it's 53 days he could be using preparing for another fight to keep the steam going. Hopefully he keeps his head on straight after all of this. It would definitely suck for him if he missed out on a big fight with someone like Manny because of timing issues resulting from incarceration.

I heard about this altercation months ago, completely forgot about it. Hopefully it's a bit of a wake up call.

Brian McIntyre should get incarcerated as well so they can prepare for his next fight while in jail

Brian McIntyre should get incarcerated as well so they can prepare for his next fight while in jail

That would be ideal for him. He could get in nearly a full training camp and be hungrier than ever for his next opponent when he gets out, assuming he only serves 53 days like TS calculated.

Probably a good thing if the report is true. When he gets out he needs a big name. If im him id see if bradley is interested in dropping to 140 or if they could meet in the middle. good name and a winnable fight for crawford. Otherwise see if al will approve a unification fight with broner

What a complete fucking idiot...

I seriously don't understand this behavior...especially when you're in the spotlight, obviously have a multi-million dollar career ahead of you....all you got to do is....NOT BREAK THE LAW.

I mean Jesus Christ.....was it worth it? was this seriously worth all the trouble and jail time?

Fucking moron. Maybe he's competing with Jon Jones in terms of who can fuck up their career faster.

What a complete fucking idiot...

I seriously don't understand this behavior...especially when you're in the spotlight, obviously have a multi-million dollar career ahead of you....all you got to do is....NOT BREAK THE LAW.

I mean Jesus Christ.....was it worth it? was this seriously worth all the trouble and jail time?

Fucking moron. Maybe he's competing with Jon Jones in terms of who can fuck up their career faster.

You're gonna get an ulcer.

Where can i read about the dispute?
If the car was not finished in a reasonable amount of time I think its sicking you can get that much jail time for taking back and defending your property.

I have been through 2 similar situations with 2 diffferent body shops. Both were paid half up front. Both tried to take years to do one months worth of work max.

Where can i read about the dispute?
If the car was not finished in a reasonable amount of time I think its sicking you can get that much jail time for taking back and defending your property.

I have been through 2 similar situations with 2 diffferent body shops. Both were paid half up front. Both tried to take years to do one months worth of work max.

http://www.wowt.com/content/news/New-video-shows-Terence-Crawford-confrontation--389562621.html

Video in the link too. According to TC's attorney, Crawford paid for the work but said it wasn't completed - and apparently had paperwork proving he paid for it. But obviously it wasn't convincing enough.

The real question should be where the hell was Warren Buffett to throw TC a bone here? He was at his last fight in the nosebleed section supporting Bud.

61c91afd83aaab1f86aef94f4163d2f1_XL.jpg

You blew it, Buffett!

The real question should be where the hell was Warren Buffett to throw TC a bone here? He was at his last fight in the nosebleed section supporting Bud.

61c91afd83aaab1f86aef94f4163d2f1_XL.jpg

You blew it, Buffett!

they're both from omaha, so that's probably it

This is ridiculous. Broner robbed some guy with a gun and he got nothing but Crawford has to do 50 days for damaging something? You would think all he had to do was pay a few thousand bucks and that's it

This is ridiculous. Broner robbed some guy with a gun and he got nothing but Crawford has to do 50 days for damaging something? You would think all he had to do was pay a few thousand bucks and that's it
Yeah considering he didn't hurt anyone jail seems like a bit much. Paying for what he broke makes a lot more sense.

http://www.wowt.com/content/news/New-video-shows-Terence-Crawford-confrontation--389562621.html

Video in the link too. According to TC's attorney, Crawford paid for the work but said it wasn't completed - and apparently had paperwork proving he paid for it. But obviously it wasn't convincing enough.
Thanks.
Well most areas laws make it so where it doesn't even matter if you can 100% prove you paid for it. Unless you have a contract stating "time is of the essence" with specific dates they can jerk you around forever. Most law enforcement agencies consider it a civil matter. If you have the title though sometimes they will go with you to just help ensure peace. But if the shop says you still owe on it they will tell you to take it to court.
There are a million stories of shops taking peoples cars for years even big name performance shops .

This guy took over 4 months to replace a windshield. And do some minor paint and body work. There are services that replace windshilds in your driveway that same day in less than 90mins.lol
I also find it hard to believe Crawford had to be put on a payment plan for $1500.

If that minor bit of work wasnt done in 4 months. You should have every right to get your property back. I could care less if he wasnt finished.

Thats cause Broner most likely paid off the victim. The victim magically changed story and didnt want to testify or pursue charges. So the prosecutions case was ruined.
Either TC.s lawyers thought they had a strong enough case to win buy proof of payment and the time table. Or the shop owner refused to be bought out.
American justice system in a nut shell. Certain citizens have no property rights or rights to defend themselves. And are subject to jail time for the dumbest stuff.

The only thing the shop owner should of been able to do is take it to civil court.

If Crawford didnt have a criminal record before this. This is kind of disgusting to jail him over.

Back