Tenshin Nasukawa (RISE BW kickboxing champion) vs Rodthung Jitmuangnont (#1 ranked SFW Lumpinee)

Sano

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
This fight was pretty awesome! I wont go too much into it to prevent spoilers, but for anyone who hasn't watched it:

Also, what exactly is Rodthung made out of? Steel?

It was a pretty damn good fight.

Was it me or did Rodthung quite clearly take it on points.

I was kind of scratching my head when they gave it to Tenshin on points.

Out of curiosity I looked at the Japanese comments and noticed most of them also thought Tenshin lost.

Out of curiosity I looked at the Japanese comments and noticed most of them also thought Tenshin lost.
I think it was very close, depends on the scoring critera I'd say. I had Tenshin 1, 2, Rodthung 3, while 4 and 5th was close but could have gone to Rodthung, same with the final round but Tenshin edged it with the flurries I'd say.

Rodthung definitely won the "fight" so to say. He pressed the action, landed some solid body punches and kicks and basicly looked invulnerable while Tenshin was visibly wilting. With that said, Tenshin consistently landed beautiful counters, knees and a lot more clean punches to the head and was moving well and outstruck him in exchanges.

Under Thai rules Rodthung got it, Kickboxing could have went either way imo. I dont think it was a robbery at all, but it was close. Hope they rematch.

Great fight, and the right decision, in my view; Tenshin was landing the cleaner shots, even though Rodthung was eating them like nothing, and continuing to press forward. You could argue the Thai appeared more dominant in the ring, but neither had really landed anything decisive enough to give a clear victory; Nasukawa just edged it out by volume.

Rodthung defeated Suakim in his previous match more decisively than Tenshin, I hear. If they do rematch, it'll be interesting to see if his chin can hold up a second time.

What a great fight. I feel like I don’t understand how kickboxing is scored because it was clear rodthung was showing tenshin next level pressure and body/leg damage.
Rodthung obviously took about 5x as much brain damage though, but showed that it didn’t affect him.

Can’t help but feel Japan may have set this one up for the home team.

Can someone make a thread on Muay Thai and kickboxing scoring criteria? I really just don’t understand when I watch fights like these.

It wasn't you. Rodthung won but they gave it to Tenshin. I wouldn't expect any less.

It wasn't you. Rodthung won but they gave it to Tenshin. I wouldn't expect any less.

Yeah it's kind of fucked up especially since Rodthung ate those punches and didn't even get the win at the end of it.

No way that fight should have gone to an extension. Rodthung clearly won round 3, 4 & 5.

Yeah he ate a fuck tonne of punches especially in the earlier rounds but he seemed unfazed by them.

Re-watched it again and Tenshin's best rounds were 1 & 2. I feel like it was definitely a robbery in favour of the home fighter.

Yeah it's kind of fucked up especially since Rodthung ate those punches and didn't even get the win at the end of it.

No way that fight should have gone to an extension. Rodthung clearly won round 3, 4 & 5.

Yeah he ate a fuck tonne of punches especially in the earlier rounds but he seemed unfazed by them.

Re-watched it again and Tenshin's best rounds were 1 & 2. I feel like it was definitely a robbery in favour of the home fighter.

Japan gotta Japan.

Last edited:
@biscuitsbrah

To simplify and exaggerate a little, in MT you get points for damage, in KB you get points for clean shots. That's why poker face is a huge deal in MT, or rearrange your short after getting hit, letting the judges know that it was no big deal for example.
You may throw hundreds of unchecked lows, if they are not power strikes, you wont get points. A jab to the face that wont make the head splash back wont score as much as a roundkick blocked by hands only.
Pure MT techniques score alot. Knees scores alot, elbows score alot... Unbalance your opponent scores points. Blocked mid roundkick with hands scores points. A jab to the body wont score shit.

But also your attitude in the ring is important... Don't chase your opponent like you are behind in the scoreboards... But don't show hesitation/fear to engage. Don't walk backwards. Egression is rewarded. Balance is rewarded. Good technique is rewarded.

@biscuitsbrah

To simplify and exaggerate a little, in MT you get points for damage, in KB you get points for clean shots. That's why poker face is a huge deal in MT, or rearrange your short after getting hit, letting the judges know that it was no big deal for example.
You may throw hundreds of unchecked lows, if they are not power strikes, you wont get points. A jab to the face that wont make the head splash back wont score as much as a roundkick blocked by hands only.
Pure MT techniques score alot. Knees scores alot, elbows score alot... Unbalance your opponent scores points. Blocked mid roundkick with hands scores points. A jab to the body wont score shit.

But also your attitude in the ring is important... Don't chase your opponent like you are behind in the scoreboards... But don't show hesitation/fear to engage. Don't walk backwards. Egression is rewarded. Balance is rewarded. Good technique is rewarded.
Exactly, it's just as much about "performing" in MT as it is landing shots. Also kicks score a lot more than punches in MT, which is not the case in Kickboxing.

This fight was pretty awesome! I wont go too much into it to prevent spoilers, but for anyone who hasn't watched it:

Book the rematch with MMA rules. :D

so I'll be the one to call out the japanese favoritism. Big knee to the stomach, ouch that hurts, let me pretend I got hit in the nuts and take a break. I really hate when guys do that shit. 15:40

Last edited:
so I'll be the one to call out the japanese favoritism. Big knee to the stomach, ouch that hurts, let me pretend I got hit in the nuts and take a break. I really hate when guys do that shit. 15:40

Looks like he turned away from the knee and the shin did hit the cup, to me.

I think your own bias is showing. He CLEARLY kicked him straight in the nuts with his foot/the lower part of his shin. Watch it again and slow it down, it's fast.

I think your own bias is showing. He CLEARLY kicked him straight in the nuts with his foot/the lower part of his shin. Watch it again and slow it down, it's fast.

Touche your right! lol

still looks like the majority of the impact was at the knee. The nuts did get hit though.

Touche your right! lol

still looks like the majority of the impact was at the knee. The nuts did get hit though.
Yeah, definitely still hit him in the nuts though so it's legit.

Yeah, definitely still hit him in the nuts though so it's legit.

yeah, i would argue the break was to recover from the gut shot more than the nuts but I agree the nuts got hit for sure, im sure it hurt as well.

Back