Tenshin Nasukawa is a beast!

NGSouthpaw

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I'm callin it! He's gonna be the next UFC flyweight champion, Mighty Mouse better watch out!

In case you don't know who he is, he is a rising star in the Muay Thai world, known for his win via KO against wanchalong, the 4x lumpinee muay thai champion in his PRIME! But just now, he transited to MMA in RIZIN tournament and currently having an impressive record of 2-0. All wins by finished!

Oh and did i mention that he's just 18 years old ?!!! Even younger than Sage "false saiyan" Northcutt!

Given the hype, I thought he really didn't look good at all.

I doubt MMA will be a focus of his. He picked it up a month ago since he couldn't get the Takeru fight for NYE.

He might do MMA here and there but idk if he ever plans to be dedicated to it. He is already set to be the next Japanese superstar in kickboxing which will probably always be more prestigious than MMA in Japan.

I doubt MMA will be a focus of his. He picked it up a month ago since he couldn't get the Takeru fight for NYE.

He might do MMA here and there but idk if he ever plans to be dedicated to it. He is already set to be the next Japanese superstar in kickboxing which will probably always be more prestigious than MMA in Japan.

I don't know, man. I hope he competes in MMA. And yes, Kickboxing is more popular but with the rising of RIZIN, i think they will revive the glory of MMA. And after that, UFC next!

Given the hype, I thought he really didn't look good at all.
Huh? He's basicly only trained MMA for a month, and in 48 hours he became 2-0 in MMA and even submitted a guy. He's 18 years old as well. How is that not impressive?

Also, did you see he armbar he as caught in, in his first fight? That shit was locked in and he didn't tap. It was crazy.

Huh? He's basicly only trained MMA for a month, and in 48 hours he became 2-0 in MMA and even submitted a guy. He's 18 years old as well. How is that not impressive?

Also, did you see he armbar he as caught in, in his first fight? That shit was locked in and he didn't tap. It was crazy.

His striking looked meh.

Kinda like Sage Northcutt, I saw that video, and had high expectations, neither looks that good on the feet, or all that promising if you ask me.

He was only even on his feet for maybe a minute total between both fights, watch his kickboxing fights

Here he is flattening a current Lumpinee champ under full Thai rules last month

I'm callin it! He's gonna be the next UFC flyweight champion, Mighty Mouse better watch out!

In case you don't know who he is, he is a rising star in the Muay Thai world, known for his win via KO against wanchalong, the 4x lumpinee muay thai champion in his PRIME! But just now, he transited to MMA in RIZIN tournament and currently having an impressive record of 2-0. All wins by finished!

Oh and did i mention that he's just 18 years old ?!!! Even younger than Sage "false saiyan" Northcutt!

Wanchalong is not in his prime.

Tenshin is a real solid prospect. His striking is excellent. He has a lot of potential and Rizin seems like they really want to build him into the next big JMMA star if he can continue to find success there.

His striking looked meh.
You don't know what you're watching sorry. Comparing his striking to Sage Northcutt's is pretty insulting actually.

I'm not saying that he necessarily will become a great MMA fighter. I'm reserving judgement for that, but what he did was impressive and his striking is high level. He's a lot more proven than Northcutt.

You don't know what you're watching sorry. Comparing his striking to Sage Northcutt's is pretty insulting actually.

I'm not saying that he necessarily will become a great MMA fighter. I'm reserving judgement for that, but what he did was impressive and his striking is very high level.

Nothing that showed last night or so would justify saying that his striking is very high level, it was supposed to be, but it really wasn't.

I wasn't necessarily comparing his striking directly perse, but more or less how both of them were supposed to be this great strikers with this japanese guy with better credentials, but once you open the lid and look at it, kinda disappointing, possibly due to high expectations.

Nothing that showed last night or so would justify saying that his striking is very high level, it was supposed to be, but it really wasn't.

I wasn't necessarily comparing his striking directly perse, but more or less how both of them were supposed to be this great strikers with this japanese guy with better credentials, but once you open the lid and look at it, kinda disappointing, possibly due to high expectations.
Watch the highlight I posted. He's a high level, and very dangerous, striker.

What didn't impress you? Both fighths ended in the first round and both had considerable time on the ground. Not much to see. He lit up his opponents on the feet, especially in the second fight, and hardly got touched. You have unrealistic expectations. We all know that the game changes a lot when grappling and wrestling is involved. Yet, without any real training, he still won fights that both went to the ground. He's a natural. Add to that he showed greater heart than Sage ever has.

Watch the highlight I posted. He's a high level, and very dangerous, striker.

What didn't impress you? Both fighths ended in the first round and both had considerable time on the ground. Not much to see. He lit up his opponents on the feet, especially in the second fight, and hardly got touched. You have unrealistic expectations. We all know that the game changes a lot when grappling and wrestling is involved. Yet, without any real training, he still won fights that both went to the ground. He's a natural. Add to that he showed greater heart than Sage ever has.

Yeah he was supposed to be from the video...

Well, I don't know, hard to tell, it's just the feeling I got, hmm, for example with Sage, he just looked little too stiff and robotic, with the guy...hm....

Yeah he was supposed to be from the video...

Well, I don't know, hard to tell, it's just the feeling I got, hmm, for example with Sage, he just looked little too stiff and robotic, with the guy...hm....
Fair enough. I think I understand where you are coming from, but I also think it's important to consider the context. Anyway, we'll see what happens with him in the future and if he wants to do more MMA fights.

Enjoy your evening!

Fair enough. I think I understand where you are coming from, but I also think it's important to consider the context. Anyway, we'll see what happens with him in the future and if he wants to do more MMA fights.

Enjoy your evening!

Thanks you too ;)

I'm not saying that he necessarily will become a great MMA fighter. I'm reserving judgement for that, but what he did was impressive and his striking is high level. He's a lot more proven than Northcutt.

His striking is impressive! His kickboxing background and credentials back this.

Doubt he becomes full time mma fighter and second he's probably gonna be the guy in Japan not UFC.

Even if he went full time into mma and made it into UFC it would be years from now, MM might not even be in the div or in his peak by the time that ever happened.

still need to see him against a competent opponent in MMA. But striking is great.

He is a 18 year old kid.
Fuck me give him a bit of credit mate.
What were you doing at 18 . Counting new pubes that were sprouting out. Poppin sits on your arse.
I think your being harsh considering his age.

A 18 year old guy can have done a lot for sure at that age. But he is brand new and still learning.
He has a tonne of talent and and is a excited prospect.

Back