Tenshin Nasukawa in Rizin

LHWBelt

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Curious what the kickboxing community thinks of Tenshin. His base is def kickboxing but he's been fighting in Rizin, a japanese mma promotion and hes been doing mma and kickboxing. He fights a 4 man kickboxing tournament the 31st. Hes young as hell and has good striking and is ballsy although unpolished in mma.

Just curious what the kickboxing folks think of him. The mma community acts like his pedigree is great i just dont know if they are informed. Any thoughts guys?

Guy seems to have the tools to be the next cro cop although he may stay more on the kickboxing side as it may be more lucrative in japan. Either way im a huge fan and will watch him in either sport.

he is very talented and had a legendary win against Wanchalong last year but ever since then intead of his competition get better it deteriorated completely and he became a can crusher.

he is good but isnt competing against good opponents anymore

reach the heavies and is now can crushing on MMA,the 4 man kb tournament he is fighting in Rizin isnt against good opposition,a tournament with a MMA fighter,an so so kickboxer that he already beat on MMA rules and a Japanese who i only saw fights under Lethei rules against Questionable opponents

I like him but this tournament isnt attractive,will be watching for sure but would rather to see him fighting at least a good name

reach the heavies and is now can crushing on MMA,the 4 man kb tournament he is fighting in Rizin isnt against good opposition,a tournament with a MMA fighter,an so so kickboxer that he already beat on MMA rules and a Japanese who i only saw fights under Lethei rules against Questionable opponents

I like him but this tournament isnt attractive,will be watching for sure but would rather to see him fighting at least a good name

Yeah i heard the tourney isn't great comp. That said i just looked him up and he's 19 and it'll be cool watching him fight twice in 1 night assuming he takes care of business. I'll have to look up some more of his kickboxing fights I've only see a few.

Yeah i heard the tourney isn't great comp. That said i just looked him up and he's 19 and it'll be cool watching him fight twice in 1 night assuming he takes care of business. I'll have to look up some more of his kickboxing fights I've only see a few.
i created his wiki page not long time ago

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenshin_Nasukawa

you can track his fights and search on YT and NicoVideo

Idk the mma fighter but just because hes an mma fighter doesn't mean he can't strike.

Idk the mma fighter but just because hes an mma fighter doesn't mean he can't strike.
i know but in a supposed kickboing tournament should had kickboxers and not randomm guys

He's a 37 year old guy who fights 5kg under the tournament weight making his Kickboxing debut. Its a fucking atrocity.

Tenshin is being babied. He wanted to fight in RIZIN cause they have a TV broadcast, but he doesn't care about MMA and didn't train for it seriously. RIZIN put him on hoping to tide him over with easy MMA fights until they could make Takeru vs Tenshin happen, but now Tenshin has too much popularity and power over them so they're stuck setting up his can crushing tour under kickboxing rules.

he is very talented and had a legendary win against Wanchalong last year but ever since then intead of his competition get better it deteriorated completely and he became a can crusher.

His win over Wanchalong really seems less impressive in hindsight. He was always gonna have the hometown crowd and the size in that matchup, and Wanchalong has since gotten KO'd by the likes of Ogasawara in KNOCK OUT. He obviously isn't really taking competing in Japan seriously at all.

Last edited:
I dunno, getting KO'd hopefully motivated him for the second time he was in KNOCKOUT.
wanchalong went from being koed by tenshin to beating the reining fighter of the year in Thailand peaunkon to then getting embarrassed in Japan again by ogasawara. The tenshin fight was so quick I guess we can't know if he was in good shape but he the ogasawra fight was obvious he did not take seriously and prepare the same way he does for a big fight in Thailand. You would figure it would be the opposite and they would prepare more for the higher paying fights abroad but most fighters of wanchalong level view it as a pressure free situation because there is not a bet riding on the outcome

I dunno, getting KO'd hopefully motivated him for the second time he was in KNOCKOUT.

The Ogasawara fight was like 1 week after his big fight with Puenkon. To me that is an indication that he didn't really take it seriously.

Imo Tenshin is incredibly talented, just looking at the way he fights he could be the best japanese kickfighter of the last 10 years but how many cases have there been of guys looking amazing against lower/mid level competition but struggle when they get in there against an evenly matched opponent. Kulabdam had a great highlight reel of knockouts leading up to his fight against Muangthai but once the fight progressed he started to look more one dimensional in his game.

His win over Wanchalong really seems less impressive in hindsight. He was always gonna have the hometown crowd and the size in that matchup, and Wanchalong has since gotten KO'd by the likes of Ogasawara in KNOCK OUT. He obviously isn't really taking competing in Japan seriously at all.

I still think it's impressive because Wanchalong didn't look that bad against him. it was just a perfect storm for Tenshin. it's not like he brought some ground breaking skillset/approach into the fight, he just did what everybody knows they have to against the thais - storm right out of the gate and push the pace from the start - and he did it perfectly. when it looked like Wanchalong had weathered the storm and Tenshin would inevitably had lo lower his output then he landed a spinning shit KO. from then on Tenshin should be facing the elite of kickboxing.

against Ogasawara it was abuse from Wanchalong's camp to book that fight a week after Puenkon. imagine what preparation he did - fight 5 rounds against the fighter of the year, end with a huge gash on your face, rest for a day, fly to Japan, check in the hotel and fight. he looked gassed from the start and had to engage in war with no condition for it.

He's a 37 year old guy who fights 5kg under the tournament weight making his Kickboxing debut. Its a fucking atrocity.

Tenshin is being babied. He wanted to fight in RIZIN cause they have a TV broadcast, but he doesn't care about MMA and didn't train for it seriously. RIZIN put him on hoping to tide him over with easy MMA fights until they could make Takeru vs Tenshin happen, but now Tenshin has too much popularity and power over them so they're stuck setting up his can crushing tour under kickboxing rules.

Have you seen Tenshin in mma? Cuz i think he does take it somewhat serious as he already has a sub and gutted out a real tough armbar even though he didn't know the proper way out. Of course he is fighting low level guys but he just now has 4 mma fights, everyone with that few fights fights low level guys. I hope he ups the competition again in kickboxing though like you guys are saying.

The ol' "Thai lost cuz he didn't take fight seriously" excuse, a Sherdog Classic...

I think that complaining about the level of MMA competition for a kid who is only 4 fights into his MMA career is a bit unfair.

He's getting easy match ups in MMA for sure but lets not worry about that until he's 10-0 and booked to fight me in my debut.

I think that complaining about the level of MMA competition for a kid who is only 4 fights into his MMA career is a bit unfair.

He's getting easy match ups in MMA for sure but lets not worry about that until he's 10-0 and booked to fight me in my debut.

Most are complaining about his kickboxing comp but i agree as far as mma who's he supposed to be fighting aldo?

its rizin mate,he will be fighting MMA only against Can´s

i dont care about him on MMA,i want to see him facing good opponents on kickboxing

its rizin mate,he will be fighting MMA only against Can´s

i dont care about him on MMA,i want to see him facing good opponents on kickboxing

Has his kickboxing competition dropped that badly? I'm not that familiar with guys that small in kickboxing (I haven't followed it closely for a while)

Back