Tennessee Executes Man with Controversial Drug Cocktail

deadshot138

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...e-murder-of-seven-year-old-girl-idUSKBN1KU14Y

I’ve read a few articles on this and am dumbfounded that anyone gives a shit that this dude maybe endure some pain in his last minutes of life. He raped and strangled a 7 year old. He should have been slowly impaled over smoldering cinders.

My question is: do you guys think execution should should be painless? Wouldn’t it be more of a deterrent if people knew they’d experience a horrific death if they chose to commit certain crimes?

Just give him sedatives to knock him out and shoot him in the head a few times.

Simple and easy.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...e-murder-of-seven-year-old-girl-idUSKBN1KU14Y

I’ve read a few articles on this and am dumbfounded that anyone gives a shit that this dude maybe endure some pain in his last minutes of life. He raped and strangled a 7 year old. He should have been slowly impaled over smoldering cinders.

My question is: do you guys think execution should should be painless? Wouldn’t it be more of a deterrent if people knew they’d experience a horrific death if they chose to commit certain crimes?

Fuck him. Let him suffer on the way out.

I think death sentence would work much better to deter more sober and morally lesser (than rape) crimes such as drug trafficking/dealing or armed robbery. These crimes have a calculable reward such as money and goods. The criminals would have to weigh up jewellery vs. their own neck.

Someone who rapes and murders children is on a different level of thought process. Their reward is mental/chemical. They know that if theyre caught their life is over. They just don’t care.

Take them out back and put a bullet in them. Easy.

Not trolling at at- once society is fine with the death penalty and someone is going to get got, time to stop fucking around with all these drugs and just go old school with the hang man's noose. Quick and dirty, no fuss .

I don't think it needs to be painful. I don't mind if isn't comfortable for them, either.

If I had a choice, I say put a bullet in their head.

Raped and murdered a child.

Had some discomfort passing out before he made his exit? Oh', that poor, poor man.

Sorry, but throwing him in a pool bubbling acid wouldn't be "controversial" to me.

Just give him sedatives to knock him out and shoot him in the head a few times.

Simple and easy.

This. I never got all the drug cockatils. Just put someone asleep like for a surgery, then end them

Shot in head is considered inhumane, but why not just put a guy out like you're doing open heart surgery, and then give the killing drug? Dude is out cold and not feeling anything anyways at that point

FYI, Fentanyl is the same drug that Chris Cornell OD'd on which made him commit suicide.

That drug cocktail is way too good for him. I have paid for that valium and painkiller mixture and it feels like the best heroine ever. Too good for him.

I'm a firm supporter of capital punishment, including with a much shorter appeal process, and I don't particularly care if they experience incidental suffering. The point is that we aren't torturing them to death as much as I would enjoy that. It's one of those key differences where we distinguish ourselves from the monsters we put down.

This guy should have been killed 25 years ago. A decade isn't long enough to sort this out? C'mon.

I dont have any sympathy for the guy in OP, but I'm also not pro-torture with the death penalty.

I view the death penalty less emotionally than some. We should not look at it as "justice" or "punishment". It's just about eliminating threats and predators to our society. I'm 100% pro capital punishment just from a different approach.

I agree with what @HockeyBjj said. Give em a sedative, then a bullet to the back of the head. What ever is most efficient to get it over with.

Last edited:
Firing squads are good. Its cheap and quick

12 gauge slug to the dome. Done.

As much as i would like torture we cant be like that in a judicial sense. But i dont give a fuck if a method we use happens to take 10 painful minutes.

The guillotine is severely underrated....

I'm a firm supporter of capital punishment, including with a much shorter appeal process, and I don't particularly care if they experience incindental suffering. The point is that we aren't torturing them to death as much as I would enjoy that. It's one of those key differences where we distinguish ourselves from the monsters we put down.

This guy should have been killed 25 years ago. A decade isn't long enough to sort this out? C'mon.
Should be a year at most. Have a separate court just for this if you have to. Knock them out and then kill them.

Roast him and then feed him to the others on death row.

I support the death penalty for specifically heinous homicides.

That said, there's not anything to be gained by inflicting unnecessary suffering. They'll be dead soon enough, scared, and able to examine the final moment of their miserable life and end in excruciating detail.

And what would be lost is, or should be, an American ideal.

Back