Tendonitis :( Any fellow sufferers? Anything magically work?

I highly recommend a split keyboard if you have shoulder or neck problems from typing all day. It allows you to keep your arms down by your sides, instead of reaching forward and inward for hours at a time.

I highly recommend a split keyboard if you have shoulder or neck problems from typing all day. It allows you to keep your arms down by your sides, instead of reaching forward and inward for hours at a time.

Interesting, OK thanks man. Yeah sitting at work has really been bothering me recently, still trying to figure out the ideal setup

I basically had career ending tendinitis. Tennis elbow, Golfers elbow and De Quervain's tenosynovitis all on my dominant arm.

I've gone through a rehab program, cortisone shots, physio, chiro and tried every possible remedy and cure I could find but nothing helps long term. No matter how well some of those might work short term, the second you start doing repetitive, physical activities it will come back.

I have stretches I do daily, massage it multiple times a day and alternate hot/cold compression in 15 minute intervals and that's how I cope with it on a daily basis.

Long story short, I've had chronic shoulder/bicep (where it hooks into the shoulder) tendonitis for a while now..... stopped rolling entirely in September, took 4 months off, and when I came back it came back too. So, stopped BJJ entirely. Have been trying physical therapy ($600 copay so far), with little result- it's arguably getting worse. Tried getting into some kickboxing but holding pads for others in class aggravates it as well.

Anything magically work for anyone else? I've researched everything on the Internet and am probably going to start using BPC 157 or some other risky treatment here soon (injecting gray market research chemicals off the Internet directly in to my body, what could possibly go wrong lol). Am pretty disgusted with physical therapy (they do massage, cupping for increased bloodflow, and prescribe stretching and upper/mid-back exercises- good for preventative but have done zilch to actually cure the issue). I saw someone in another thread recommending Active Release Therapy, looking in to that. Anything else? HGH?

I had a potentially torn labrum and tendinitis issues that I couldn't get rehabbed for nearly a year working with physical therapists until I found someone who actually knew what they were doing. I highly recommend my boy: https://b-reddy.org/ -- plenty of free articles on there as well.

In a nutshell you must:

1) Stop whatever is angering your shoulder, at least temporarily
2) Identify poor movement patterns and habits
3) Correct those habits and poor movement patterns on a daily basis, and target potentially weak muscle groups (ie: upper traps, serratus, and subscapularis for shoulder problems)

It's fixable, and most stuff like ART, prolotherapy, cupping and even foam rolling is spinning your wheels. It's simply about moving better and stopping the offending habits.

I basically had career ending tendinitis. Tennis elbow, Golfers elbow and De Quervain's tenosynovitis all on my dominant arm.

I've gone through a rehab program, cortisone shots, physio, chiro and tried every possible remedy and cure I could find but nothing helps long term. No matter how well some of those might work short term, the second you start doing repetitive, physical activities it will come back.

I have stretches I do daily, massage it multiple times a day and alternate hot/cold compression in 15 minute intervals and that's how I cope with it on a daily basis.

I think I’m pretty much beyond repair too, I can only maintain the pain :(

I dont no but my wrist and elbow hurts when the weather is cold or rainy and I wish I would tap faster now

At some point we have to decide what is more important. Your overall health and well being or training bjj / (insert style).. I have backed off my bjj training so much its not funny but if I don't I'm going to need a hip replacement before I'm 50. Find something else that satisfies that hunger and take care of your body.. I myself do less bjj these days and more bag work and strength training.

Back