Teminator vs Terminator 2 - Alien vs Aliens

I checked out a few things from T3 and TG for the hell of it, and holy shit, they're even worse than previously imagined. I can't believe they made two movies where nothing makes sense and everything is treated like a farce. I'm dumbfounded.

At least TS tried to be serious. Still absolute dogshit, but better to be serious than goofy as fuck.

I checked out a few things from T3 and TG for the hell of it, and holy shit, they're even worse than previously imagined. I can't believe they made two movies where nothing makes sense and everything is treated like a farce. I'm dumbfounded.

At least TS tried to be serious. Still absolute dogshit, but better to be serious than goofy as fuck.

T3 was shocking at the time. They went right from Terminator 2 to the approach you see for Nightmare on Elm Street 7 or Freddy vs Jason. Just directly to self-parody...right on the heels of T2 when there was no reason to do so. Utterly baffling.

Terminator Salvation has plenty of problems, but it's Citizen Kane compared to Rise of the Machines.

Oddly enough I like Terminator 2 better because of the action and Alien better because of its slow pace.

I had a lot of roommates in one of the houses I lived in back in the day, and I rented Aliens for people to watch one movie night. Nobody had seen it, and most of them had only vaguely heard of it. These guys were jocks and I was worried about how long the movie was.

Nobody got up for the whole movie. Everyone would hoot and hollar at the good parts, laughed loudy at Paxton, these guys didn't like the same movies as me but I will never forget their reaction to Aliens. Made me so pleased. When Ridley came in with that yellow mech suit they were looking at each other going "HOLY FUCK" and laughing/highfiving.

I've never seen a reaction like that to a movie, from people who mostly just watched football.

It's a very pleasant memory to this day.

I had a lot of roommates in one of the houses I lived in back in the day, and I rented Aliens for people to watch one movie night. Nobody had seen it, and most of them had only vaguely heard of it. These guys were jocks and I was worried about how long the movie was.

Nobody got up for the whole movie. Everyone would hoot and hollar at the good parts, laughed loudy at Paxton, these guys didn't like the same movies as me but I will never forget their reaction to Aliens. Made me so pleased. When Ridley came in with that yellow mech suit they were looking at each other going "HOLY FUCK" and laughing/highfiving.

I've never seen a reaction like that to a movie, from people who mostly just watched football.

It's a very pleasant memory to this day.

I feel the same way when someone shows interest in something nerdy that I'm into. Makes me smile on the inside.

Just saw this cool vid. Cameron talks about Aliens and even mentions (briefly) basically what he really thinks of the "other" films in the Terminator franchise.

Just saw this cool vid. Cameron talks about Aliens and even mentions (briefly) basically what he really thinks of the "other" films in the Terminator franchise.

Except nobody has done anything but shit in the Terminator sandbox...

Hard to compare them, as the sequels are very different movies from the originals. For both it comes down to whether you like action/humor or suspense more.

I find Aliens to be a more fun movie to watch as well as being more re-watchable, but Alien had more of an impact on me. I saw it when I was relatively young and it's still the scariest movie I've ever seen.

I see the similarities between the two sequels. Both have a much bigger budget and stray into the blockbuster action genre as opposed to horror

I prefer the original films in both.

You almost can't watch the originals without watching the sequels. All 4 movies are great.

Back