Teminator vs Terminator 2 - Alien vs Aliens

HHJ

RIP Toriyama
@plutonium
Reaction score
These two movies and their sequels are vastly different from each other...what do you feel about that? which one do you prefer? Do you still like both.

Terminator had awesome synth music that they didnt really use in the 2nd movie and had a more horror grimy feel to it that i wish we could have seen more of. David Cameron made a wholly different movie with T2 but,hell its still a great fucking movie in its own right,but its just not as gritty of course,and we have a wise cracking kid,which seems like a requirement for every big budget film...

Alien was a slow paced movie where not alot happened...but when you first watched it,you had no conception of what the monster actually was,and you rarely saw it. You didnt even really know what it did to people. It just snatched them and dissapeared. They didnt really have any weapons to deal with it,but in Aliens,the monsters are everywhere and are more or less easily dispatched by automatic weapons...but the fear is still palpable.The people in the movie react more or less realistically to the situation,which is missing in most movies today...David Cameron also handled Aliens and he did a similar job in transferring it into an action movie,and not trying to outdo or mimic the original at what it does...

I love all. They're hard to compare directly to one another though. Like T1 and T2 are both 10/10 in my book, but for different reasons. As far as all four of these films go though, I can't watch one without watching the other. Meaning, if I watch Alien, I have to watch Aliens (maybe not same day, but within a few days) and same goes for The Terminator and T2. Or if I'm specifically in the mood for Aliens, I can't watch it without watching Alien first. Same with Terminator. If I suddenly desire to watch T2, I have to watch The Terminator first. Both sets from each franchise are intrinsically linked and go hand in hand with one another.

Also, everything in the Alien universe post-Aliens doesn't exist as far as I am concerned (though Alien: Isolation gets a pass because it was amazing). Same with Terminator. Everything after James Cameron's direct involvement is dead to me.

I love the first Terminator, it's kinda creepy and Arnold looks so bad ass, but I also love T2 when he comes back to save the day. It's a hard decision. I would go with the first one though.

As far as Alien goes, I can't get passed the first one. I hate the whole damn movie.

Forgive me Sher-nerds

I love all. They're hard to compare directly to one another though. Like T1 and T2 are both 10/10 in my book, but for different reasons. As far as all four of these films go though, I can't watch one without watching the other. Meaning, if I watch Alien, I have to watch Aliens (maybe not same day, but within a few days) and same goes for The Terminator and T2. Or if I'm specifically in the mood for Aliens, I can't watch it without watching Alien first. Same with Terminator. If I suddenly desire to watch T2, I have to watch The Terminator first.

And also, everything in the Alien universe post-Aliens doesn't exist as far as I am concerned. Same with Terminator. Everything after James Cameron's direct involvement is dead to me.

More or less...I liked Alien 3 for what it was. It could have been better,but it was still good. They didnt go off on some ridiculous tangent like Alien Resurrection did. You are right that these two movies and their sequels go very good together. Almost like Rocky and Rocky II. The story is just not over after the first movies end.

As far as Alien goes, I can't get passed the first one. I hate the whole damn movie.

Forgive me Sher-nerds

Johnny-Depp-Shock.gif

I ever so slightly prefer Terminator 1 to Terminator 2, and ever so slightly prefer Aliens to Alien.

But all four of these films are masterpieces. Four of the best movies ever made.

Cameron did actually come up with the idea and design for the queen..
and how do you do a scene like this in the mid 80s?? by actually having ripley in a power loader fighting a puppeted/animatronic full size queen alien!!!!

More or less...I liked Alien 3 for what it was. It could have been better,but it was still good. They didnt go off on some ridiculous tangent like Alien Resurrection did. You are right that these two movies and their sequels go very good together. Almost like Rocky and Rocky II. The story is just not over after the first movies end.

About time somebody gave Rocky II its proper credit.

Terminator is a better movie, but terminator 2 is better to watch for the effects and shit. If that even makes sense.

I mean, I still watch Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection, just not in conjunction with the first two. Like if I'm randomly thinking about Resurrection, I'll just watch it on it's own. I prefer it that way.

I find Alien 3 to be most appealing as a standalone feature. I find it to be an absolute disgrace if directly associated with Aliens or Alien in any way. It's an especially painful experience if trying to view it right after Aliens. You go from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows. But then again, Aliens was an impossible act to follow, especially by anyone other than James Cameron at the time. The studio should've let Fincher come in with a clean slate and just create whatever story he could come up with. Instead, he was just handed a pile of shit and told to make it. He did the best he could but it's no wonder he's completely shunned the film since.

About time somebody gave Rocky II its proper credit.
Rocky is one of the greatest movies of all time,and Rocky II is basically the direct continuation of that story. Those two are essentially one movie. Its fucking brilliant.

I'd have a better time watching both Alien films than I would watching both Terminators.

Rocky is one of the greatest movies of all time,and Rocky II is basically the direct continuation of that story. Those two are essentially one movie. Its fucking brilliant.

Stallone doesn't get nearly enough credit for stepping in as director and equalling John Avildsen's work in the first film behind the camera.

Stallone doesn't get nearly enough credit for stepping in as director and equalling John Avildsen's work in the first film behind the camera.
also if you only watched it in the 80s and 90s on tv,as i did,you get an edited version. The full version of the movie is so much better.

Terminator is a better movie, but terminator 2 is better to watch for the effects and shit. If that even makes sense.

T2 still has massive amounts of heart, suspense, atmosphere, and a great sense of impending doom. The effects are great and the CGI is shockingly still better than some of the stuff I've seen in films today.

Back