Telltale's 'GoT Season 2' - Now 'On Hold.'

GearSolidMetal

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
telltale-game-of-thrones-ep-2-5-2500x14033.jpg

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/08/29/telltales-game-of-thrones-season-2-currently-on-hold

So, fans of the first seaaon are now probably fans of the only season.

Its been a year and a half since the first season was completed, the second season was announced, and.... nothing since.

Telltale has released other games since GoT, so its likely they sold more copies. GoT's popularity has an expiration date with the series finale, so if they were ever going to make a second season it would have to be now.

This announcement is an unofficial cancellation.

IMHO, GoT was Telltale's best game since the first season of The Walking Dead, and I hoped it would continue for years.

Quite dissapointing.

Thats a shame, just finished playing the first one as it was free on PS+, also i think they aren't doing a follow up to the Borderlands one either.

Feels bad, man.

Can't wait to play the buggy open world Bethesda GoT game. Maybe that is the reason for this cancellation? Or poor sales on the first title(just speculation, idk the numbers but I hate these Telltale visual novels, so I just assume most people don't buy them)?

That sucks. I wanted REVENGE

Where would they find the time? They have to make more shitty Minecraft episodes, after all......

Having played the first game, I don't blame them. Probably the weakest of the bunch.

I also wouldn't be surprised if people are just growing tired of the Telltale formula. Heard the most recent TWD game didn't do that well, along with the Batman game.

I haven't played any of the Telltale games yet. Are they supposed to be kind of a modern take on the old school adventure genre game formula or something?

Having played the first game, I don't blame them. Probably the weakest of the bunch.

I also wouldn't be surprised if people are just growing tired of the Telltale formula. Heard the most recent TWD game didn't do that well, along with the Batman game.
I just beat the Batman game, it wasn't that thrilling. I just buy the Talltale games when they're on sale for like $10. They're worth it then. Plus it's an easy 1000 G for the Gamerscore.

Haven't watched an episode of Got, is the first tell tale Got worth playing? I've played Wolf, and the first Walking Dead, both were good. Wolf was by far the better game and was an awesome console experience that made me want to play all the tell tale games where WD was disappointing in comparison...

I love the Telltale games. The only 2 I haven't played are GoT and Borderlands. I just started playing the actual Borderlands series and just started watching GoT, so I'll eventually play the Telltale versions.

Well that stinks. Was looking forward to fucking up the Whitehills. I guess this has to do with the Bethesda game being announced.

I just beat the Batman game, it wasn't that thrilling. I just buy the Talltale games when they're on sale for like $10. They're worth it then. Plus it's an easy 1000 G for the Gamerscore.

Me too. I used to be an early adopter, and buy the episodes as they came out, but they always went on sale a few months after the final episode hit, and I felt like a chump. It's also just better to wait an have all the episodes to plow through in a day or two.

Well that stinks. Was looking forward to fucking up the Whitehills. I guess this has to do with the Bethesda game being announced.
So the Bethesda game is official?

Back