Tell me about Brazilian gis

Matt Crush

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
They all seem to be highly regarded, but unfortunately aren't really available from the larger distributors.

Does anyone have enough experience to give me the pros and cons between

Keiko - limited and gold weave

Koral - mkm

Dragao - combat and armlock

Vulkan, for the heck of it, even though I haven't really been looking at those comma I actually want to find a good medium weight with a monster caller built for a stockier guy

HCK lightweight comp would probably be perfect but he just went out of business unfortunately

I am not stocky (6' x 170) but-
I just gave away a Vulkan pro-light A3 that was enormous and unshrinkable. Previously my Vulkan A2 shrank to child size...
I thought that my Keiko ltd fit was well made and slim cut.
Koral classic is one of my all-time favorites, just expensive and sometimes hard to find. I like my A2 and one of my partners is a 5'9-ish muscle head and it works for him as well.
No experience with Dragao
Good luck!

Can you compare this to others, strengths and weaknesses?

Not to the other brazilian gis. But I can say it's on the same level as the the two Kingz gis I own. I rate it higher than my Kingz Sovereign gi, but just below my Kingz Noburu bamboo gi (it's close though).

Atama are good but overrated. Expensive and def not the gold standard. I hate gold weaves though and that's what they're known for.
Vulkan streches like hell and I hate them.
Never heard anything bad about Keiko or Koral, other than price complaints for some models/times.

I don't have any experience with the gis, but the reason for their scarcity and price point has to do with high tariffs between Brazil and USA, just in case you didn't know.

WPreFsFSjqxP7Brth1lA

I'm married to a Brazilian girl and I have a Koral MKM and classic. All of them are great.

I'm married to a Brazilian girl and I have a Koral MKM and classic. All of them are great.

Do they fit right

How is the feel inside of them

Do you have to wash them often

Do they stay fit or they become loose and saggy

Do they fit right

How is the feel inside of them

Do you have to wash them often

Do they stay fit or they become loose and saggy

Fit great

Feel is nice and warm

Wash often

Stay fit