Tekken

franquito

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Can't find a recent thread on this. Anyone else play?

The series def has some flaws, but the speed, the mix of different styles, and the depth of strategy involved make it by far my favorite fighting game.

Looking forward to 7 coming out this summer.

Just wish 7 would hurry up and come out, we've been waiting long enough for it

Used to enjoy Tekken when i played consoles. My last Tekken game was 4 which featured the return of Kazuya who was my fav character.

I still read up on where the canon story has been going in the games that came after and it sounds like the Mishima rivalry is coming to an end in 7.

Oh yeah I love tekken my ps4 handle is MarshallLawWins. tekken 2 was one of the first games I played ever and my first fighting game. Tekken 5 DR was the shit. I was hyped for tekken 7 but it's taken so long to be released on console that my hype had died down a lot. Definitely going to get T7 when it releases here soon. Looking forward to law, lee, yoshi and Miguel. Still think it's pretty stupid they put akuma in the game though but oh well

Yeah, but the last one I liked was Tekken 5 DR. Didn't care for Tekken 6 or TTT2.

Tekken is my favorite fighting game series. Tekken 3 was something special at the time. Can't wait for the newest one.

This is great. Was gonna start a thread on it

WTF is up with Lei not being in tekken 7??

It's my all-time favorite fighting game series and had some great runs back in the arcade days of the first TTT. The only one I wasn't too crazy about was 6, but despite being almost identical, I really enjoyed TTT2. Hell, I even loved SFxT. The amount of Tekkenish mechanics they let in was enough for me to enjoy the juggling play I so love. Some characters were simplified way more than I would've liked, but I wasn't expecting all the depth to carry over. I'll definitely be on board with Tekken 7.

This is great. Was gonna start a thread on it

WTF is up with Lei not being in tekken 7??

Dude. Lei is my main. The way they incorporated some of Chan's most memorable moves blew me away the 1st time I played.
They just announced Eddy Gordo not too long ago, so I'm assuming Lei is next.

Dude. Lei is my main. The way they incorporated some of Chan's most memorable moves blew me away the 1st time I played.
They just announced Eddy Gordo not too long ago, so I'm assuming Lei is next.
Man. I hope so. Lei is essential to me during team battles.

Tekken is my favourite fighting game series. Something about the way it handles just felt natural to me. I really like the 1 button for each limb control scheme.

I'll play Tekken 7 once it's out for home consoles and PC.
It's not a new Virtua Fighter, so I won't really care about it, but it's a fighting game so I'm gonna buy it.

I like Tekken but I never feel the urge to play the newer games in the series. Are they really all that different?

I'll play Tekken 7 once it's out for home consoles and PC.
It's not a new Virtua Fighter, so I won't really care about it, but it's a fighting game so I'm gonna buy it.

Yeah, it's a shame that there's no new VF.

I like Tekken but I never feel the urge to play the newer games in the series. Are they really all that different?

The gameplay changed a lot with each game in 1 through 4.
Basic feel has stayed pretty similar in 5, 6, and TTT2, with only minor differences in each.

Unless you're a big fan, or you want to play online, it is tough to recommend shelling out $50+ for each new installment.

sadly I generally play King the same way since Tekken 2. Lots of pokes to set up my throws... works with average to shitty players but not for dedicated fans of the game.

i'll be getting Tekken 7 btw... the question is PC or PS4. I am leaning on PC right now... haven't tried using my PS4 arcade stick with my PC yet but I am pretty sure it works.

Last edited:
Lol, this game has been finished for more than a year IDK why they are taking so long to release it. I get they're tryiing to add things for the home version but c'mon it shouldn't take a year and a half for a game thats 90% completed already.

Pokken for Wii U is great.