tekken 7 comes out june 2nd

Good pick up and a great price. But try advanced moving techniques, like Korean backdash, on a stick versus a pad and you'll see the pad is superior in Tekken (much faster and more precise inputs)

For every other fighting game : stick > pad

Sticks WERE better than pads....until they started dumbing down the executions. The're aren't that many pad players when it comes to NRS games and a lot of the best Street Fighter players use pads. A guy won Evo 2014 using a PS1 pad, lmao.

Last edited:
Good pick up and a great price. But try advanced moving techniques, like Korean backdash, on a stick versus a pad and you'll see the pad is superior in Tekken (much faster and more precise inputs)

For every other fighting game : stick > pad
I will say that I still have better movement on a dpad but then again I've been using a PS dpad since Tekken 2 on PSX. Ive been playing around with different springs and actuators and that has made a big difference. I'd really like to put together a stick with a Korean Crown joystick I've seen some crazy back dashing and wave dashing on those and I prefer the bat top.

I will say that I still have better movement on a dpad but then again I've been using a PS dpad since Tekken 2 on PSX. Ive been playing around with different springs and actuators and that has made a big difference. I'd really like to put together a stick with a Korean Crown joystick I've seen some crazy back dashing and wave dashing on those and I prefer the bat top.

I've played the older Tekkens on both, but I remember having an easier time wavedashing on a stick than on a pad. I doubt I could do it on either one now, lol.

I'm the same way. Started out on pad since Tekken 2 on console and familiarity definitely plays into my opinion.

When you put your stick together please post the parts and results. I'd like to know how it works out as right now I'm just planning on buying a premade one HERE

Last edited:
I'm the same way. Started out on pad since Tekken 2 on console and familiarity definitely plays into my opinion.

When you put your stick together please post the parts and results. I'd like to know how it works out as right now I'm just planning on buying a premade one HERE
Those sticks are great ready made. I think a lot comes down to personal preference on the components. The components to a stick are pretty basic and there is a lot of info to learn about them out there now. The SRK Forum has a very good section dedicated to them.

So far I've only messed with generic parts that came with my sticks, which were quickly replaced by Sanwa buttons and joystick which are what is used in the Japanese arcades. I've modded one JLF with Cherry MX switches which are softer and quieter than stock, as well as a 2lb spring (makes the stick spring back to center faster) and a 1mm oversized actuator (requires less throw to activate switch). I also replaced the square gate with octagonal. On this HRAP3 I did basically the same thing but with these stock switches the stick does feel a lot stiffer.

The Korean sticks are built different so hard to compare. I havent felt one myself yet.

Latest patch fixed problem of hackers using boss characters online

edit: damnit, how do I make a link to twitch without forum trying to embed it automatically and then fail to play it on click

Code:
https://clips.twitch.tv/CallousAlertHareKAPOW

Is there an entry level stick that I'm not going to have to remortgage my home for but at the same time doesn't completely suck? (ideally I'd need two for couch play so price is a huge issue)

Is there an entry level stick that I'm not going to have to remortgage my home for but at the same time doesn't completely suck? (ideally I'd need two for couch play so price is a huge issue)
You could get something Chinese like Mayflash or Qanba which would get you a decent case and a PCB, but I would swap out the buttons and joystick with Sanwa parts which would be roughly $40 on top of what the stick costs but well worth it.

KqNHLbp.gif

Code:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/154677058

That was funny.

So i was watching some tekken 7 competition streams. And i stumble across this dude called low tier god.
And its hilarious to watch this guy lose. Everytime he loses, he loses fair and square. But the saltiness this guy spouts is awesome to watch.

That was funny.

So i was watching some tekken 7 competition streams. And i stumble across this dude called low tier god.
And its hilarious to watch this guy lose. Everytime he loses, he loses fair and square. But the saltiness this guy spouts is awesome to watch.

LTG is such a scrub on so many levels. His Salt is just for show at this point to push his crappy brand. He always bags on the pro-players for their physical attributes and complains that he would look better as a sponsor, but no one would sponsor someone who is a bully.

images

That was funny.

He's well known in the street fighter community.

Back