tekken 7 comes out june 2nd

Ah yeah, I forgot about that. The one where to fight Combot. IIRC, you had to fight 3 characters (Jinpachi, Ganryu, and ?) and they were all dressed like Ryu, Ken, and Akuma, lol.

Yeah that was the final chapters boss level, it was Bob then Ganryu where you had to do tag combos then bounds when they lay down and floating, then the 3 randoms as Ryu, Ken and Akuma at the end, with the ending similar to Lee's ending in Tekken 6.

I had a moves book that came with one of the playstation magazines over here that had moves for the first 3 Tekkens in, me and my brothers used that a lot growing up playing them.

A challenge mode like in SFEX+A would've been great too. I probably would've never known you can cancel a double-flashkick into an Open Gambit without that. In Tekken, such a mode could be even more eye-opening.

The timing for Guile's was really strict (like 1 frame or something) and that was probably the last trial I did before I unlocked the barrel stage.

Those old trials were great.

The timing for Guile's was really strict (like 1 frame or something) and that was probably the last trial I did before I unlocked the barrel stage.
Same here. Took me weeks to nail it in trials. I actually pulled it off once in a match before that, but then couldn't replicate it where it mattered. That annoyed me to no end haha.

Has anyone here gotten a clean win over Akuma in the post-story "Special Chapter"? I literally had to put it on easy mode and use story-assist to 3xWGF the hell out of him. And even then, he was obnoxious; teleporting through all my launchers unless I was punishing a whiff.

Has anyone here gotten a clean win over Akuma in the post-story "Special Chapter"? I literally had to put it on easy mode and use story-assist to 3xWGF the hell out of him. And even then, he was obnoxious; teleporting through all my launchers unless I was punishing a whiff.

Yeah, I would try to get a knockdown to create some distance. Most of the time he would roll to the side before rising, so I'd fly up in the air and zap him with the unblockable. Akuma just walked right into it almost every time. If I did it too late, he would sidestep.

It took me a total of over and hour and a half to kick his OP ass character.

All i did was hover beam and luckily land combos. It was on normal, eventually gonna try it on the most difficult setting though.

i noticed a few things that you can't do with some characters.

Heihachi. His rage finisher in the story includes a headbutt before the double punch.

Kazumi. She does this move where she sends you flying across the screen and the tiger appears out of nowhere and sends you back to her so she can strike you on more time. Like Heihachi's, this move isn't available.

And of course, you can't use her in devil form.

Same goes for kazuya, i wish they would have included his true devil form for regular use in the game.

Akuma. Those three hadoukens that make you bounce 3 times in that special end battle. You can do the move (sort of). But it's three of them in rapid succession, and they won't juggle you.

Any other ones i missed?

I think I might make Feng my new main he seems like one of the easiest characters I've played so far.

Not that the story mode matters much in a game like this, but, spoiler warning anyway, I guess...

I went through the story mode this weekend (not gonna do online play until my fightstick arrives). Did I miss something, or is it kind of a big narrative clusterfuck? I've always been intrigued by the overall lore of the series, but the execution and details are usually a big swing and a miss. I could've done without that whole reporter side story and his awful, monotonous line delivery. He was only there so Heihachi had someone to tell his story to. Did Heihachi ever tell Kazuya the details? That it was in self-defense? That the cursed blood came from her side of the family? If not, they could've simply omitted the reporter and have Heihachi reveal that to Kaz right before going at it in the volcano.

But even aside from that, Kasumi is sent to the dojo to kill Heihachi... but first she has to marry him and have his kid? Whah? The only way I can reconcile and rationalize that is if she did actually fall in love with him and had discarded the mission. I suppose that would make sense if we treat Kasumi and her "Shin Kasumi" persona as separate entities. Kasumi just wanted love and a family but the demon eventually took over. But even then, why did the Hachijos want the Mishima's dead? When Kasumi first went to Jinpachi's dojo there was no big bad evil Mishima Zaibatsu.

Anyway, just trying to make sense of the story in my head. If anyone has any insight, please enlighten me.

Agreed. And if Hei was a good guy all along, why did he imprison Jinpachi?

I think they just wanted to stick in a twist where Heihachi is a good guy, but they didn't think it through and it makes no sense

Anyone watch the CEO Tekken matches?

Did not know RIP was a good Tekken player, only seen him commentate on matches

Nope.

He's been playing for a long time. I played him in Tekken 5.
Awesome! I've only seen him commentate and talk about playing, didn't think he be that good

plus during the Tekken 7 Rumble he came out to this so i like him even more

dpad is better for Tekken IMHO.
Most competitive Tekken players are using fight sticks. I'd say the dpad is good for movement but botton inputs suck especially for TTT2 when the tag button is on the shoulder. I always used a controller up until a few years back when I switched to stick it's so much better to me and funner.

I just scored this HRAP3 on eBay $65 shipped then modded the JLF and tossed in some Sanwa buttons:

sxjbra.jpg

Most competitive Tekken players are using fight sticks. I'd say the dpad is good for movement but botton inputs suck especially for TTT2 when the tag button is on the shoulder. I always used a controller up until a few years back when I switched to stick it's so much better to me and funner.

I just scored this HRAP3 on eBay $65 shipped then modded the JLF and tossed in some Sanwa buttons:

sxjbra.jpg

Good pick up and a great price. But try advanced moving techniques, like Korean backdash, on a stick versus a pad and you'll see the pad is superior in Tekken (much faster and more precise inputs)

For every other fighting game : stick > pad

Back