Tekken 7 ..... can't get into it. | Page 2

Discussion in 'Video Game Forum' started by LogicalFighting, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Snubnoze707 High Level

Snubnoze707
    The square gate is preferred for people who don't ride the gate. In other words tighter throws of the shaft that actuate the switches before running into the gate. Again its all personal preference.

The Korean sticks don't even have a gate. The actuator makes contact with levers that are attached to the switch buttons, rather than Japanese style where the actuator makes contact with the actual button on the switch.

Can you guys tell that I've been nerding out on arcade sticks for the last two years?

Lionel Mandrake likes this.
  2. Crimson Fury Elijah Modnar

Crimson Fury
    Yes. This was the last Tekken that I really enjoyed. I never cared for the whole bound system, though screw is a little bit better. Maybe, they were running out of ideas since the gameplay hasn't really changed that much in a long time.

3. Lionel Mandrake What A Rush!!!

Lionel Mandrake
    Gotcha. It seems like not riding the gate could be an advantage once you got used to it as there would be a little more finesse involved, but I was weened on the riding the octagonal gate as a kid in the early 90's when I started playing Street Fighter 2, Mortal Kombat, and Primal Rage.

Do you only use your stick for fighting games or do you play any classics, side scrollers, beat em ups, etc... with it? If so I was wondering if the square gate gives you any trouble.

Like I said I'm kind of new to this, but I have been nerding out a bit my-self and am super amped that this conversation is happening right now :D

4. NaughtyBoy Red Belt

NaughtyBoy
    No doubt I'm gonna get that octagonal restrictor very soon, along with a pack of Sanwa buttons as well and get better performance.

5. LogicalFighting Blue Belt

LogicalFighting
    I've resorted to playing as Eddie cuz he's cheap as hell haha.

Also, I still think Tekken 4 is the best Tekken. It didn't have a crazy character roster, but it had way different gaming mechanics and felt more 3-D oriented it with it's dodges up or down. Loved the stages in the game too.

6. LogicalFighting Blue Belt

LogicalFighting
    I appreciate the tips. If I happen to get sucked into it, I'll hit you up to play some. But I just don't think I have the time to commit to go beyond casual and as a casual it's just frustrating.

There should be a casual-only ranked mode haha.

7. NaughtyBoy Red Belt

NaughtyBoy
    Anytime bruh... And responding the last question, you have 2 options on that matter:

1. Play the online rank match ups restricting the level to +/-2 ranks... That means that you will only play against guys that had your same rank and also 2 levels above or below of it. The bad news is that by doing this you also restrict the amount of challengers, so it will took more time for you to find the challenger. You can rank up faster in this method btw.

2. You can always create a fight room that can be named as a "Beginner only" or something like that. That way only people of lower ranks will be joining to your room. The bad news is that you won't get promotions for ranking up.

LogicalFighting likes this.
  8. Snubnoze707 High Level

Snubnoze707
    I have two sticks one with Sanwa JLF octagonal and a Crown 309MJ no gate. I really don't like the square gate either.

Outside of fighting games I really like Shmups, and both sticks work fine but I hear Seimitsu joysticks are the best for those games. Never used one.

9. MacDuffle Black Belt

MacDuffle
    That's the online terror in most fighting games played live against strangers that spoils it for me

unless you have some seriously rare game engine that balances player rank and matchups, most experiences playing that stuff lights you up against the Hobo of That One Build with 7000 matches played and a memorized system to victory

hilariously enough Skate had elements of that trollery wot w. "tricklining" which was beatable playing legit but only if you pushed yourself to the f*cking max like a cool person

10. Satsui Ryu Brown Belt

Satsui Ryu
    I like it a lot. I do not play a whole lot, but I was able to hop right in and survive online pretty handily. I found it incredibly easy to learn enough combos right off the bat without being a complete spammer. It feels like an easy to learn, but hard to master game. And I have not found juggles to be an issue, but maybe I'm not a high enough rank to be playing the really good people. Also unlike many capcom fighting games there does not appear to be a lot of exploits that are spammed by players.

11. RoryFan Wears Hats

RoryFan
    Tekken 7 is the best fighting game I've ever played.

I play Shaheen because learning more than five moves is complicated.

paperclip101 and BRaVo cHoKe like this.
  12. sportkillergreg Brown Belt

sportkillergreg
    I been getting back into tekken 7 a lot more recently - it's a lot of fun to me. I play paul and Lee. My PSN name actually is MarshallLawWins but I haven't touched law for this game.

I don't like how armor moves are a thing for this game and I especially don't like rage arts. You should be able to press one button to take away a third of your opponent's health after getting ur ass kicked the whole game. That doesn't belong in tekken. That being said, the basic gameplay/combo system feels great.

I do wish it had more single player modes and wish it didn't take so long to find opponents in ranked but the net code feels pretty decent tho

13. Shidlord Predicable!

Shidlord
    I am 43 and I play tekken 7. I am a genbu ranked player. age is just a number.

paperclip101 and BRaVo cHoKe like this.
  14. RoryFan Wears Hats

RoryFan
    Rage Arts are considered pretty low tier. Pretty much all of them apart from Hwoarang's are unsafe on block, so as long as your not being over aggressive when the opponent is on low life it's never really an issue. Rage drives are far superior.

15. sportkillergreg Brown Belt

sportkillergreg
    Sure and I try to bait out rage arts as much as the next guy but I don't see why this mind game with rage art needs to be there. You can press a single button to rage art and frame trap what would otherwise be a safe string. It is also way too easy of an ender to combos that you might otherwise drop

LogicalFighting likes this.
  16. MUSTKILL Purple Belt

MUSTKILL

Ehh you can still land a launcher and land the Rage Arts within a combo and get insane damage.
    Its their cheap and easy comeback mechanic that I don't really care for.
    Played the shit outta Tekken 7 and got ranked pretty high. Unfortunately this cheap ass characters in the game ruined it for me.
    [​IMG]

17. Crimson Fury Elijah Modnar

Crimson Fury
    I've been wanting to reinstall this game since I heard that they reduced the input lag down to 4 frames. I'd rather play the PC version, but the PS4 has more/better competition.

18. sportkillergreg Brown Belt

sportkillergreg
    I have noticed a marked improvement in how the controls feel/input lag now compared to launch

19. Mookie Blue Belt

Mookie
    Do you play on Steam? I own it, have no one to mess with, and I don't feel like getting online to get schooled.

I *know* Tekken 7 is a good game, but I keep going back to Injustice 2 / Guilty Gear XRD and company.

20. Shidlord Predicable!

Shidlord
    my name is geese howard on steam. Add me if you like but I am from England though so may have lag