Teh Chris' gas tank

xMaxPower

Red Belt
Reaction score
is it really that bad?

He has his mouth open 24/7 so I dont know If I can use that as an indicator. He was fine in the Machida fight which went 5 rounds.

That was before the IV-ban and USADA though. He was breathing very heavy against Mousasi after 2 rounds, and this time against Kelvin it's 5 rounds if he doesn't finish.

He only has cardio preUSADA and only against over the hill Brazilians.

That was before the IV-ban and USADA though. He was breathing very heavy against Mousasi after 2 rounds, and this time against Kelvin it's 5 rounds if he doesn't finish.

Pretty much this. After USADA he gassed pretty quick against Rockhold. They came out with some excuse about a fracture foot. I gave him the benefit of the doubt. The Yoel fight happens very slow paced fight with neither guy doing much of anything in Round 1, Chris turns it on in round 2 and gets it Round 3 he gets KO'd.

Against Gegard he's pushing the pace hard in round 1. Round 2 comes out shooting TD's like your local BJJ student who just started learning the double leg. The guy just doesn't have the cardio he showed in that Machida fight anymore.

LOL, it will be interesting to see how good Jones cardio is against DC after his suspension and everything..

Will be interesting Jones had amazing cardio but so did D.C. will DC still
Have it?

In a 5 rounder against Gastelum? Man I thought Weidman could pull it off but shit Gastelum is the frickin Energizer Bunny.

i suspect cardio will be his downfall against Kelvin. Sure he's bigger, stronger, and hits harder than Kelvin, but if he doesn't finish Kelvin in the first round and a half he's going to get tired, and then he will get boxed up on a way to tko or decision loss.

Post-USADA Weidman is like...

parks-and-rec-tired.gif

Will be interesting Jones had amazing cardio but so did D.C. will DC still
Have it?

USADA started testing in what, July 2015? Jones had his fight against OSP since then. DC has had Gus, Anderson, and AJ.

USADA started testing in what, July 2015? Jones had his fight against OSP since then. DC has had Gus, Anderson, and AJ.

Yea they started in July but they weren't tested as frequently as they are now. It was pretty much the early stages at that point. The main signs for DC were that he missed weight. The guy is fat and still missing weight? That's very weird.

I rewatched Moose destroying Weidman like 5 times this weekend. It was glorious.

Yea they started in July but they weren't tested as frequently as they are now. It was pretty much the early stages at that point. The main signs for DC were that he missed weight. The guy is fat and still missing weight? That's very weird.

He probably got them American fat ass genes. If he wasn't an elite athlete the guy would be 300 lbs of fat.

If he does hard grappling at a high pace he slows down a bit, has that energy dump in the second till he recovers.

But if he can keep you down and in his pace he should be fine.

If he goes hard and has nothing to show for and no rest position then yea he is low on energy but all this wrestlers recover if given the chance to regroup.

It's a myth that he had good cardio pre-USADA. Using USADA as a reason for his gassing and losses is just another thoughtless way to explain stuff for Sherdoggers.

He gassed against Maia and was slowing down against Andy before he got the KO. The Machida wasn't a very high paced fight that didn't have too much grappling but he still slowed down in the 4th iirc. The IV ban may have had an effect but his cardio was always his weakness imo.

He prob wouldn't have gassed so bad against Moose if he didn't relentlessly force takedowns. He needs to be more careful and only time a couple takedowns a round.

TLDR: His cardio was always suspect and he's kinda slow so he looks even more gassed because of it

Back