Teen shot in "no lacking challenge"

Why am I not surprised?

<JagsKiddingMe>

why are all these viral challenges from the hood? who is promoting this shit, seriously.

knockout game, this ws going on long before world star, they used to knock old Asians out in East Oakland all the time back in the 90s and rob them on random.

The internet just gave them a platform to show this shit.

I never understood why they find violence funny? like killing random people or punching them, and then posting that shit on facebook

I just read about some Chicago Latino teens beating some kid to death and leaving him in the snow, they posted the video on facebook claiming he stole and he will never still from the again, and their parents said they were good kids and were going to church on Sundays because the main thug had a cross tattoo saying only God can judge me.

Gun are an accessible item in The US, not all cultures tread them the same.

Hood/Gang culture gain them illegally and use them to glorify violence and kill each other.
Game hunters acquire guns legally and use them to kill their prey.
Competition shooters aquire them legally and use them for target shooting
A right wing terrorist groups will hoard them in regards to their fucked up cause.
Family men will buy a pistol to protect their family in case of an intruder, but never use it otherwise.
A Truck driver may have a permit to carry for protection while on the road.
A crazy suburban teenager may steal one from his Dad's gun safe and shoot up a school.

We are going to have to agree to disagree on this one, because imo different cultures use them differently.

Of course they do, and this guy apparently didn't have a carry permit, so by definition his use was criminal and can be associated with criminal culture.
That doesn't change the fact though, that the main difference between gun culture in the US and in every other developed nation centers around the use of firearms for common self-defence (as opposed to sports shooting, hunting and primary production), and that has national implications across subcultures.
Unfortunately we have poor communities, imported gangsta-rap and violent gangster wannabes here as well. Even so the chances of them having firearms (and imitating this social media "no lackin' " craze) is negligible, and will stay that way as long as we don't import American Gun Culture.

You don't think the distinction is valid?

One is generally law abiding with an occasional mass shooting, the other consistently upholds 3rd world country murder rates. I may be wrong, but I think the gun cultures differ.

All cultures have subdivisions. If we can discuss muslims culture or Star Wars fandom or reptile enthusiasts without distinguishing between the subcategories, I imagine we can at least acknowledge that the separate parts of American culture can all fit under the same umbrella.

This why why Ruprecht brought up the international perspective. To reptile enthusiasts, there are plenty of very different subgroups. The rest of us don't really care.

The difference is that this specific event does in fact result from an element which is common to American gun culture and even enshrined in national law. The use of firearms for common self-defence.
By all means try and explain how that isn't an identifying aspect of the American gun culture.

That's a bit of a dishonest statement. Yes the guns exist because of the need to protect one's self, however the behavior and lack of general awareness that results in weapons being treated like toys is a product of culture. The gun is merely a variable as the problem at hand is bigger than that.

Stupid shit like this is why they want to get rid of the guns. IMO anyone killed or injured playing this dumb ass game deserve what they get. One plus is that they can't pass on their dumb ass genes to anyone else.

White American gun culture is hardly exempt from idiocy. Even if the majority of it is nowhere near as stupid as the lacking challenge, there's more than enough stories about someone getting sauced on Milwaukee's Best and blowing their toe off while they try and clean their gun, or blow a hole in the side of their truck because a shotgun went off in their cab. I've also known some dumb kids who used to play BB gun tag, which is just shooting each other with BB guns at close range. Yeah, it's not as dumb as lacking challenge I guess, but are you satisfied with clearing that exceedingly low hurdle?

White American gun culture is hardly exempt from idiocy. Even if the majority of it is nowhere near as stupid as the lacking challenge, there's more than enough stories about someone getting sauced on Milwaukee's Best and blowing their toe off while they try and clean their gun, or blow a hole in the side of their truck because a shotgun went off in their cab. I've also known some dumb kids who used to play BB gun tag, which is just shooting each other with BB guns at close range. Yeah, it's not as dumb as lacking challenge I guess, but are you satisfied with clearing that exceedingly low hurdle?

Those are accidents. They happen.

Are those white people also disproportionately doing drive by shootings, robbing at gun point, illegally owning guns, killing each other at an absurd rate etc....

Stupid shit like this is why they want to get rid of the guns. IMO anyone killed or injured playing this dumb ass game deserve what they get. One plus is that they can't pass on their dumb ass genes to anyone else.
Well he's 17 which in an inner city means he might already have like two kids.

Black American gun culture? The black people that I've seen at the range don't act like these idiots.

I don't have anti-black sentiments. I've got anti hoodlife sentiments.

The people at the ranges aren't the only part of gun culture, though I'll agree that my saying "black gun culture" was a generalization.

I think the issue is that you don't like this particular facet of American gun culture so you refuse to acknowledge that they make up a very significant amount of gun owners and the gun conversation. I understand and sympathize with you. I'm black and I wouldn't want to consider this part of black culture either. I guess we could reach a compromise? "Hoodlife" isn't part of black culture and drive-bys and this no lacking challenge aren't part of gun culture? Also, "hoodlife" isn't part of hip hop culture. Nor is terrorism or mistreatment of women part of Islamic culture. We should analyze cultures in their most specific, favorable terms.

Old thread, but yeah all of those are much socially acceptable. Pulling a loaded gun on someone to see if they're carrying is about as dumb as it gets, because it's an intentional act. Blowing your toe off or putting a hole in your truck is an accident.

You “lackin” brains you dumbass, stupid little thugs. And that video was lackin any substance. All it showed was a parking lot. Where is the actual event?

giphy.gif

"Hoodlife" is not separate from American culture. Firearms ownership, as experienced by Americans, and the culture of identity and values associated with it, is American gun culture. The ownership of firearms for common self defence is the reason it has the attributes it does.

You are a total cuck lol.

This shot is ridiculous/hilarious...

Go to YouTube and look this shit up....

Uhuh. Why don't you try and outdo this guy? Should be easy for you...

Nah see I’m not a jackass that plays with my guns, I just use them as they are meant to be used, not as toys. I have a bunch of guns but you’re very unlikely to be shot my me.

Back