Crime Teen misses the bus, asks for directions, and gets shot at.

Grasping at straws? I just said it would look good for the kid's story if there was a car outside, I've no idea if there was or wasn't. Just putting myself in the kids situation, in the unlikely event that I couldn't find my school or a passerby I'd choose a house with a car parked outside as someone would be more likely to be in to give me directions. If every car on the block is parked inside fair enough but if there was some houses with cars outside and he picked one where there wasn't then I think its fair to say that looks well dodgy.
You are insinuating the kid picking a house without a car outside makes him suspect. How is that not grasping at straws?

You are insinuating the kid picking a house without a car outside makes him suspect. How is that not grasping at straws?
And likewise I was saying if there was a car outside it would made him less of a suspect, I was being fair and open-minded unlike you who looks to make preemptive excuses for the possibility that there wan't a car outside, you are the one grasping at straws. Bet if there was a car outside you would jump on that as proof of his innocence but it there wasn't you'll happily dismiss that piece of info, confirmation bias confirmed.

What video, what does the video actually show? I've no doubt it shows him ringing the bell and asking for directions but thats hardly proof of anything, nobody is denying thats what happened. What do you expect the cops to say, if I was a cop I'm not going to accuse him publicly when I've no hard evidence that would hold up in court but that doesn't mean they think he is innocent.

There is surveillance video from the house. The police have the video and watched it after hearing both stories. The video evidence caused them to doubt the story of the shooter.

If the video shows him ringing the doorbell and asking for directions then on what basis is the guy grabbing a gun and shooting at the kid justified?

And likewise I was saying if there was a car outside it would made him less of a suspect, I was being fair and open-minded unlike you who looks to make preemptive excuses for the possibility that there wan't a car outside, you are the one grasping at straws. Bet if there was a car outside you would jump on that as proof of his innocence but it there wasn't you'll happily dismiss that piece of info, confirmation bias confirmed.

You are anything by being fair. You are concocting a scenario that is improbable and trying to pass it off as a possibility. Whether there is or isn't a car outside means nothing. There is absolutely no evidence for you to assert the kid should be viewed as possibly suspect.

I wouldn't jump on a car being in the driveway because it is a moot point . You concocted this excuse, not me. You are the one showing a strong bias here, by trying to find excuses to malign the kid ,when there is absolutely nothing to suggest he was anything but a school kid asking for directions.

What video, what does the video actually show? I've no doubt it shows him ringing the bell and asking for directions but thats hardly proof of anything, nobody is denying thats what happened. What do you expect the cops to say, if I was a cop I'm not going to accuse him publicly when I've no hard evidence that would hold up in court but that doesn't mean they think he is innocent.

It's proof that he wasn't trying to break into the house actually.

It's proof that the people inside the house had no reasonable motive to yell abuse at him as soon as they opened the door.

It's proof that the people inside the house had no reason whatsoever to SHOOT AT HIM WITH A GUN.

And that is all that matters. Once they have corroborating evidence that everything in his story checks out the police have no reason whatsoever to engage in baseless useless speculation.

You and all the other racists in this thread can speculate to their hearts content about what you paranoid little minds think he would've done if the house had been empty.

But the truth of the matter is that it would be irrelevant because all that matters is what he did, and what he did was ring the bell of a house and ask for directions. And he got shot at for it.

It's proof that he wasn't trying to break into the house actually.

It's proof that the people inside the house had no reasonable motive to yell abuse at him as soon as they opened the door.

It's proof that the people inside the house had no reason whatsoever to SHOOT AT HIM WITH A GUN.

And that is all that matters. Once they have corroborating evidence that everything in his story checks out the police have no reason whatsoever to engage in baseless useless speculation.

You and all the other racists in this thread can speculate to their hearts content about what you paranoid little minds think he would've done if the house had been empty.

But the truth of the matter is that it would be irrelevant because all that matters is what he did, and what he did was ring the bell of a house and ask for directions. And he got shot at for it.
Even in a clear-cut case as this, there are still people making excuses and coming up with improbable scenarios. Because at the end of the day, the kid is Black and the shooter is White.

There is surveillance video from the house. The police have the video and watched it after hearing both stories. The video evidence caused them to doubt the story of the shooter.

If the video shows him ringing the doorbell and asking for directions then on what basis is the guy grabbing a gun and shooting at the kid justified?
Never said it was justified.

Find it hard to believe he didn't know the directions to his school, who doesn't know the directions to school ffs unless its your first day of school. The more likely explanation is he rang the bell to case the joint and make sure nobody was home and when someone answered the door he came up with that weak excuse which the woman saw right through and rightfully called to her husband to chase the would be burglar/rapist away.
I find it hard to believe you don’t hang out on street corners begging to suck dirty cocks for free.

You are anything by being fair. You are concocting a scenario that is improbable and trying to pass it off as a possibility. Whether there is or isn't a car outside means nothing. There is absolutely no evidence for you to assert the kid should be viewed as possibly suspect.

I wouldn't jump on a car being in the driveway because it is a moot point . You concocted this excuse, not me. You are the one showing a strong bias here, by trying to find excuses to malign the kid ,when there is absolutely nothing to suggest he was anything but a school kid asking for directions.

What bias? I'm open to readjusting my opinion if there proved to be a car in the driveway or if any other evidence came to light.
I'm just saying what I think is most likely to be true based on available info. I have no emotional investment either way, just a bit of fun to try to figure out the truth. Disagree with your assertion that there is nothing to suggest he was anything but a school kid asking for directions. Are you really denying that its a bit odd he didn't know the directions to his school? Or that he would knock on someones door rather than ask a passerby? By themselves it isn't hard evidence but its undeniably a bit suspicious to say the least.

Not to mention his working mother. Seems like having a father in the military, a mother who works to help support her child, isn't good enough. Nope, that goes out the window, if you have the audacity to ring the door bell. I'm sure, his skin colour had absolutely nothing to do with it, no sir. Only good whole some Christians™ posts here. And the only racism that exist, is reverse racism. That kid, despite having both a father and a mother, who are employed, and no criminal record, was obviously out to throw his life away, attempting to break in a house. Thank God, we have such observant posters here in the War Room, that could deduce his heinous and nefarious plans, and tell us that the shooter was in the right, firing at a fourteen year old kid.
Reporting for forgetting to mention culture war.

Then what the hell are you arguing? There's literally a video account of what happened. That, according to the police matches the kid's story, hence the charges against the shooter.

What bias? I'm open to readjusting my opinion if there proved to be a car in the driveway or if any other evidence came to light.
I'm just saying what I think is most likely to be true based on available info. I have no emotional investment either way, just a bit of fun to try to figure out the truth. Disagree with your assertion that there is nothing to suggest he was anything but a school kid asking for directions. Are you really denying that its a bit odd he didn't know the directions to his school? Or that he would knock on someones door rather than ask a passerby? By themselves it isn't hard evidence but its undeniably a bit suspicious to say the least.

Why does it matter if there is or isn't a car in the driveway. It's a moot point. It proves nor disproves nothing. There is enough evidence for a reasonable, non-biased person, to conclude the kid is innocent.
And how do you know there were passer-bys around? This isn't the city, where it is common to have passer-bys on the sidewalk. It's only suspicious to people with a racial bias.

Then what the hell are you arguing? There's literally a video account of what happened. That, according to the police matches the kid's story, hence the charges against the shooter.
I'm only theorizing as to what he was really doing there. Not arguing that it is fine to shoot the kid, obviously you got to arrest them as he hadn't yet broken in so shooting him wasn't legal.

Then why the hell speculate about ill intent from the kid?

What's the point of tarnishing the kid with baseless and ridiculous speculation if you're not trying to justify the shooter?

Why does it matter if there is or isn't a car in the driveway. It's a moot point. It proves nor disproves nothing. There is enough evidence for a reasonable, non-biased person, to conclude the kid is innocent.
And how do you know there were passer-bys around? This isn't the city, where it is common to have passer-bys on the sidewalk. It's only suspicious to people with a racial bias.

There you go throwing the racist accusations out again, sign of a weak argument to resort to that. Even very quite suburbs would have occasional passerbys, its undeniably suspicious to anyone with a bit of common sense.

Then why the hell speculate about ill intent from the kid?

What's the point of tarnishing the kid with baseless and ridiculous speculation if you're not trying to justify the shooter?

Because speculation is fun. We already know what the shooters motivations were, they thought they were robbed and shot at him which is illegal whether or not their suspicions were correct, nothing to discuss there. The kids motivations are unclear though so I found that discussion more interesting than talking about the shooter.

There you go throwing the racist accusations out again, sign of a weak argument to resort to that. Even very quite suburbs would have occasional passerbys, its undeniably suspicious to anyone with a bit of common sense.
You are making an absurd argument, so don't be surprised when you get called out for what it is. If it looks like a Duck, walks like a Duck and quacks like a Duck....it ain't no Ostrich.

You are trying to claim a car in the driveway means something, so you really shouldn't be talking about common sense.

You would be hard pressed to find anyone here out and about, and when you do notice a person, they aren't necessarily going to be close enough for you to approach them and talk.

1*PT92GBPFVazGSEhchxh-Cg.jpeg

Because speculation is fun. We already know what the shooters motivations were, they thought they were robbed and shot at him which is illegal whether or not their suspicions were correct, nothing to discuss there. The kids motivations are unclear though so I found that discussion more interesting than talking about the shooter.
The kid was motivated in figuring out how to get to school. But some folks will imagine the thinnest of rationalizations to ascribe an ulterior motives.

Back