Ted Nugent bans guns from his concert.

Hasn't it been established that he didn't want guns to be banned from his concert, but some member of his staff or from the venue itself decided to go the other direction with it?

Has it been established? All I saw was his crazy letter.

Has it been established? All I saw was his crazy letter.
He came out and said that he wanted guns at his concert, but someone reversed the call without his knowledge. Honestly, I believe him when he says this. Ted seems like the kind of guy who would absolutely be okay with a bunch of people who were perhaps consuming alcohol to have loaded firearms with them. He seems like a man with poor judgment, and while I am a huge supporter of the 2A, guns and booze don’t mix. I actually doubt Ted would have reached the same conclusion, so yeah, I believe him.

Gun free zones in references to municiple/counties etc. What part of that dont you get?
That seems unlikely. In my experience the term gun free zone is rarely used in that context, its often used when referring to specific establishments, public or private, that ban guns on their premises for safety reasons like what ahppened here.
Wasn't it stated that Nugent personally welcomed guns at his concert, but it was his security staff that went against his wishes in what they thought would be the best interests of him and the venue?

Nugent is a huge POS for his feelings on young girls, dodging the draft, and for his crappy music, but he doesn't seem to be a hypocrite in this regard.
Do you have a link? Either way it does sound like something that he could've said to cover up for his earlier decision. I think its very possible that he wanted guns banned and possibly for good reason too with how many people are willing to send death threats to well known public figures nowadays or perhaps he made the decision without thinking it through and said it wasn't his to save face.

That said, I do try to give people the benefit of the doubt and that story sounds believable enough. You gotta figure Ted ain't managing all the tiny details of his concert so its far from implausible that his security team made this decision without him, probably because its standard procedure for such security teams when faced with the option. So yeah if true then Ted isn't a hypocrite.

He came out and said that he wanted guns at his concert, but someone reversed the call without his knowledge. Honestly, I believe him when he says this. Ted seems like the kind of guy who would absolutely be okay with a bunch of people who were perhaps consuming alcohol to have loaded firearms with them. He seems like a man with poor judgment, and while I am a huge supporter of the 2A, guns and booze don’t mix. I actually doubt Ted would have reached the same conclusion, so yeah, I believe him.

Well, you might be right about him not knowing.

He's saying his people did not order the ban, management at the venue say it was his people who called for the ban. Who do you believe in that situation?

There are plenty of women in the world you don’t need to bang 17 year olds.

But Nugent is one of the ugliest people to ever live so I’m sure his choices were limited.

He has been a hack for a looong time now.

That seems unlikely. In my experience the term gun free zone is rarely used in that context, its often used when referring to specific establishments, public or private, that ban guns on their premises for safety reasons like what ahppened here.

Do you have a link? Either way it does sound like something that he could've said to cover up for his earlier decision. I think its very possible that he wanted guns banned and possibly for good reason too with how many people are willing to send death threats to well known public figures nowadays or perhaps he made the decision without thinking it through and said it wasn't his to save face.

That said, I do try to give people the benefit of the doubt and that story sounds believable enough. You gotta figure Ted ain't managing all the tiny details of his concert so its far from implausible that his security team made this decision without him, probably because its standard procedure for such security teams when faced with the option. So yeah if true then Ted isn't a hypocrite.

Well, you might be right about him not knowing.

He's saying his people did not order the ban, management at the venue say it was his people who called for the ban. Who do you believe in that situation?
Less concerned if it’s his people or the venues. I don’t think Ted is the hypocrite, but he’s crap for all the other stuff he definitely did.

Back