Ted Nugent bans guns from his concert.

As a gun owner I will never understand how this guy got so prominent in gun ownership circles

As a music fan.... I will never understand how this guy got as famous as he did for his music.

Like, I THINK Stranglehold is the only song of his I have on my iPod and that's mostly because that's what Couture walked out to to fight Coleman.
He was a pretty good marketer, that's basically it. I will say he is/was a good guitarist but I wouldn't put him in the upper echelon that he puts himself. His "guitar battles" were basically self aggrandizing mental masturbation to stroke his ego, his time in "the Damn Yankees" was pretty odd, as he put it he was "the fly in the buttermilk" or more bluntly the over hyper nutjob in the mix with a bunch of "vanilla" performers.
I think his gun ownership/hunting prominence is just a byproduct of his music career "cool, did you know the Motor city madman is really into hunting and guns, he doesn't do drugs like the rest of them" . His antics of shooting a flaming arrow across the stage during concerts also added to his hype. He's also promoted himself as a volunteer deputy and made claims he's made arrests as well to hype up his stature, although people forget Elvis was appointed a volunteer DEA agent by Nixon and he was probably one of the last people that should be allowed to enforce drug policy.

For sure its creepy and inappropriate but we're talking about a 17 year old. In many US states and countries in Europe that's perfectly legal and its certainly not the behavior of a pedophile.
Salam brother, you don't have to white knight for this infidel

Wasn't it stated that Nugent personally welcomed guns at his concert, but it was his security staff that went against his wishes in what they thought would be the best interests of him and the venue?

Nugent is a huge POS for his feelings on young girls, dodging the draft, and for his crappy music, but he doesn't seem to be a hypocrite in this regard.
Kind of hard to state that you don't want guns at your concert when he would shoot flaming arrows across the stage and had a combo guitar/shotgun that if I remember right he shot on stage (I'm assuming blanks) and used in an album cover.

Lemmy never tried to establish himself as a pillar of morality. Say what you will but the guy was pretty transparent about who he was and what he believed........... which was usually "I believe I'll have another drink".
As the joke goes after he died "Lemmy is standing at the pearly gates and one angel says to St Peter "he wants to know what time the bar opens""

Ted Nugent makes some of the worst rock music I've ever heard. It's unbelievable that this guy has become a mouthpiece of sorts for a certain political group.

From the song in the OP:
<{clintugh}><{clintugh}><{clintugh}><{clintugh}><{clintugh}><{clintugh}><{clintugh}><{clintugh}><{clintugh}>

Kind of hard to state that you don't want guns at your concert when he would shoot flaming arrows across the stage and had a combo guitar/shotgun that if I remember right he shot on stage (I'm assuming blanks) and used in an album cover.
Honestly, I have no idea. I can't say that I'm a Ted Nugent fan, so I couldn't tell you anything about his theatrics.

What I can say is that in this thread, it was corrected that he prohibited guns from his concert. He apparently supported the idea that people could bring firearms to his show, and a member of his staff (or perhaps it was the venue itself) that decided otherwise. The latter was the decision that was enforced. I don't blame Nugent for that. I blame him for lots of other stuff that he's done, but not the fact that someone else went against his wishes.

Ted Nugent is a pussyhawk. when he was drafted he shat his own pants and played mentally insane to get out of going to vietnam.

Honestly, I have no idea. I can't say that I'm a Ted Nugent fan, so I couldn't tell you anything about his theatrics.

What I can say is that in this thread, it was corrected that he prohibited guns from his concert. He apparently supported the idea that people could bring firearms to his show, and a member of his staff (or perhaps it was the venue itself) that decided otherwise. The latter was the decision that was enforced. I don't blame Nugent for that. I blame him for lots of other stuff that he's done, but not the fact that someone else went against his wishes.
I understand what you are saying, I'm just stating that he'd have a hard time defending it with things he pulled at his concerts, which often got him in trouble with the fire marshall because for some reason they look down on people shooting flaming arrows in crowded buildings. God knows why, not like fires every broke out in concerts or anything ::::cough, cough, Whitesnake, cough, cough::::::

Ted has always been a pile of shit. He prolly should be spending time behind bars. Anyone that supports this guys has questionable morals at best.
He literally was a pile of shit. Not many people you can accuse of literally being a pile of shit.

Stop trying to deflect like a boy. Take your fucking L like a man. You were wrong.

Answer the fucking question. If there was armed security at the concert you need to take YOUR licking.

In interest of fairness and representing both sides, here’s Ted Nugents response

Dear God in heaven & damn the fakenews lying bastards! I gave the direct order tonight that guns were absolutely welcome to my concert. The media cannot be trusted. They are consumed with hate and dishonesty. We had a phenomenal concert tonight as I offered prayers for the soulless crazed hateful protesters. America be aware that the media is infested with America haters and liars. Meanwhile thank you Roanoke for a wonderful #6703 ultimate rockout! God bless you all. To hell with the lying punks.
https://www.wsls.com/news/virginia/...ent-turns-away-firearms-from-his-roanoke-show
Well couldn't he refuse to perform at venues that don't allow guns? He could just rent a venue where guns are allowed. I mean it's not like he needs anything bigger than an auditorium for the small crowds he attracts (relative to acts like Skynrd or GnR or Kid Rock)

Ted Nugent makes some of the worst rock music I've ever heard. It's unbelievable that this guy has become a mouthpiece of sorts for a certain political group.

From the song in the OP:
Different culture... Hard to judge?

You're taking for granted that he canceled this out of political conviction rather than a logistical concern. Why would he inherit all the legal liability if a shooting did take place? It depends on the laws.

You're being silly and naive.

I'm saying he was correct to do what he did. But when he rails against gun free zones, he never considers other people's logistical concerns or legal liabilities.

His beliefs ran into the real world and didn't work. However, he has not adjusted his beliefs and is still singing their virtues to others. He is a hypocrite.

I'm saying he was correct to do what he did. But when he rails against gun free zones, he never considers other people's logistical concerns or legal liabilities.

His beliefs ran into the real world and didn't work. However, he has not adjusted his beliefs and is still singing their virtues to others. He is a hypocrite.
Hasn't it been established that he didn't want guns to be banned from his concert, but some member of his staff or from the venue itself decided to go the other direction with it?

Back