Team Overweight is on a 9-0 win streak

Not long ago there was that chick (don't know her name), that got her contract terminated for not accepting a fight vs an overweight opponent. Yeah she will sue the UFC but by the time its done, her career will be over.
Leslie Smith

Not long ago there was that chick (don't know her name), that got her contract terminated for not accepting a fight vs an overweight opponent. Yeah she will sue the UFC but by the time its done, her career will be over.
If you can't remember her name, that probably shows you where she fits in with what I said...

Depends who does it. If Wonderboy cites the Dern result and how she got ranked up after winning, I highly doubt he'd get a serious penalty, and could probably sue if he did.

He wouldn’t get paid. That’s a pretty serious penalty

Coming in overweight and not killing yourself with a hard weight cut is like a new form of PED: guys are doing this on purpose and sacrificing 20% of their pay to ensure the win by being that much bigger than their opponent (and not draining themselves 24h before the fight while their opponent does).

In this case a win for TIll means a possible title shot or #1 contender fight with the winner of RDA/Colby, and the weight thing will get swept under the rug. So he stands to gain a lot more than 20% of his current lousy contract. This is deliberate cheating on par with using PEDs and should not be allowed. Just punishing them financially is not good enough.

Ding ding winner!!

See romero vs rockhold for further evidence of this kind of cheating it happened there too.

You are a smart man

He wouldn’t get paid. That’s a pretty serious penalty
You have to weight that against fighting someone who has a serious size advantage over you and how a loss would effect your ranking, since apparently Dern gained ranking points for beating up someone a weight class below her, and he could likely get another fight booked immediately.

2b33dt.jpg

This is great hahaha

You have to weight that against fighting someone who has a serious size advantage over you and how a loss would effect your ranking, since apparently Dern gained ranking points for beating up someone a weight class below her, and he could likely get another fight booked immediately.

If you don’t need to get paid than sure. But it’s not an option for many in Thompson’s position because they absolutely NEED to get paid especially if they have kids or if they already owe their team thousands of $$ for getting him prepared for the fight.

When your livelihood is at stake there are more important factors to consider than “you have to weight that against fighting someone who has a serious size advantage over you and how a loss would affect your ranking” - gimme a break.

Last edited:
Did a pretty quick research, so might've missed something. Didn't count WMMA fights because who cares.

Frank Camacho def. Damien Brown Decision (split)
Ryan Benoit def. Ashkan Mokhtarian KO (head kick)
Rolando Dy def. Wuliji Buren Decision (unanimous)
Josh Emmett def. Ricardo Lamas KO (punch)
Mads Burnell
def. Mike Santiago Decision (unanimous)
Michel Prazeres def. Desmond Green Decision (unanimous) (fun fact: Prazeres has 3 UFC wins after missing weight)
Yoel Romero def. Luke Rockhold KO (punches)
Alex Perez def. Eric Shelton Decision (unanimous)
Kevin Lee def. Edson Barboza TKO (doctor stoppage)

Raphael Assuncao currently stands as the last man to defeat an overweight opponent. The fight took place on November 11, 2017.

Hope that Wonderboy won't let them hit double digits tonight.
Rachel ostovich beat karine gevoryan in December

Sussed it.. Images on phone complicated

IMG_20180527_154430.jpg

I wouldn’t blame any fighter for refusing to fight an opponent who misses weight.

If you don’t need to get paid than sure. But it’s not an option for many in Thompson’s position because they absolutely NEED to get paid especially if they have kids or if they already owe their team thousands of $$ for getting him prepared for the fight.

When your livelihood is at stake there are more important factors to consider than “you have to weight that against fighting someone who has a serious size advantage over you and how a loss would affect your ranking” - gimme a break.
That's why I started out by saying it depends on who does it.

That's why I started out by saying it depends on who does it.

The situation pisses me off because no fighter should ever be put in the situation that Thompson is in now - either fight someone way bigger than you or not get paid. Choosing between getting your ass kicked by someone heavier than you so your kids can be happy or not fighting and not being able to provide is no choice at all.

They need to form a process where fighters in Thompsons position get Their pay in full guaranteed whether they agree to the fight or not.

Gillian broke the streak, and made me $150 richer.

Till basically "won" by being fresher in the later rounds. Did him not making weight aid him in being fresher/having better cardio as the fight wore on? If so, his "win" is completely illegitimate.

Something's got to get done about this shit. The UFC desperately needs to implement a new policy for missing weight. 10-0 now this year. Disgusting.

Last edited:
Back