Team Lomachenko Documentary

randomg1t

EVERYTIME CHAMPION
@Gold
Reaction score
haven't seen this posted here yet, and i've only watched the first few minutes myself, but it seems pretty interesting.

the narrator is a bit annoying, though.

it's from their official channel, too.

Just got done watching it. It was a really good watch. There were a few things that I didn't know about that got brought up, like Vasyl wanting to fight for a World title in his pro debut and that the reason he signed with Arum was that Arum said he could get him a World title in his second bout. And the documentary really highlights the reason for Vasyl's ring name 'Hi-tech'. Can't wait for the Linares fight in just a few days!

Seano will enjoy this. But first he's got to finish GGG's documentary before moving to Loma's.

Just got done watching it. It was a really good watch. There were a few things that I didn't know about that got brought up, like Vasyl wanting to fight for a World title in his pro debut and that the reason he signed with Arum was that Arum said he could get him a World title in his second bout. And the documentary really highlights the reason for Vasyl's ring name 'Hi-tech'. Can't wait for the Linares fight in just a few days!

Yeah, that was the deal. A title shot as early as possible or move on to another promoter. Second fight is the earliest any fighter will be able to challenge for a title if they win it. He fought and beat the International WBO titleholder which got him ranked high. The part about Klimas (his manager) arguing with Arum and them hanging up the phone on each other over the competition he wanted but wasn't getting was interesting. In another documentary with subtitles he talked about not wanting to fight lesser ranked fighters. Sosa was a Salido replacement and so was Marriaga. This didn't start there though, it started back when he was at Featherweight. Then Klimas claims that he has no paper contracts with his fighters (not just Loma) at all, but rather a handshake or verbal agreement, which was surprising. It isn't a smart business move but that's a very old school way, gentleman's agreement.

Yeah, that was the deal. A title shot as early as possible or move on to another promoter. Second fight is the earliest any fighter will be able to challenge for a title if they win it. He fought and beat the International WBO titleholder which got him ranked high. The part about Klimas (his manager) arguing with Arum and them hanging up the phone on each other over the competition he wanted but wasn't getting was interesting. In another documentary with subtitles he talked about not wanting to fight lesser ranked fighters. Sosa was a Salido replacement and so was Marriaga. This didn't start there though, it started back when he was at Featherweight. Then Klimas claims that he has no paper contracts with his fighters (not just Loma) at all, but rather a handshake or verbal agreement, which was surprising. It isn't a smart business move but that's a very old school way, gentleman's agreement.

Yeah the hanging up the phone business showed how much they really wanted to fight against good competition. Salido really ducked them hard. Shame that will be his only blemish on an otherwise faultless career. No chance of the rematch now. Yeah only having a verbal agreement with his fighters is a bit out there, I guess he does it that way to show that you can trust him and he trusts you. Seems to be working out well so far and he seems like a really good manager who really cares about his fighters.

World title fights right out the gate. A true gangster.

Back