Teacher fired for grading students who don't turn in homework 0%

That's great. It means 50% of my posts don't suck.

Before I opened this thread I said to myself, "California or Florida."

Hard to fail with those choices and wacky news. :cool:

I mean it sucks the school is setup that way but it was clearly a rule so just follow it. Unless your balling out of control your job is not the place to be trying to make a statement. Find another job and during you exit interview you can make it clear why you left and the issues you have. Purposely giving kids 0's when you know you can only do 50% is just being a pain in the ass.

If she gives the students 0s it will decrease the school's performance-average. A lower test-score results in a loss of status which results in fewer pupil-applications for the coming years. Fewer students mean less money and fewer children from respectable families attending the school. The principle is forced to keep the test-scores high or risk turning the school ghetto. This teacher is jeopardizing the school's entire well-being with these drastic, selfish and irresponsible actions. If anything she should give them full-credit whatever they do so that the school can easily attract more upper-class pupils.

Last edited:
Homework was even already the easy points in school. Next they won't bother making kids show up.

many years ago i was a substitute teacher for a year. i had to give out a test and one kid just decided to sleep during the test. i told him he had to take it and he refused so i sent him to the office. he comes back about 5 minutes later and the principal comes over the intercom to our room and tells me the kid can do what he wants. made me look like a fool and the kids knew they didnt have to listen to me at all. i did 2 years but stopped because i was afraid i would end up killing someone

So 0 out of the number of questions is 50%? I really hope this was math class.

<Dylan>

And these are the people responsible for educating kids. Is this thing on?

I mean it sucks the school is setup that way but it was clearly a rule so just follow it. Unless your balling out of control your job is not the place to be trying to make a statement. Find another job and during you exit interview you can make it clear why you left and the issues you have. Purposely giving kids 0's when you know you can only do 50% is just being a pain in the ass.
This.

There's a time and place to make a statement. Deliberately going against your employer's wishes is not the setting you want to do it. Do I agree with her? Yes. Should she have been fired for it? Also yes.

In fairness, in life, 90% is just turning up..

(I know, but it's their homework that didn't turn up, technically they did turn up at school)

Everyone's a winner,

giphy.gif

The rule is the rule. The teacher knows better.

What a dumb ass rule though...

This is how the spastic left is created.

A 50% is still an F correct? if so, how does the grading system apply to kids who turn in the work and still get an F because the work isn't satisfactory for any other letter grade?

She was in her probationary period, and ignored specific instructions.

You want to get fired? Cause that's how you get fired.

So she got her martyrdom badge, but won't be helping those kids cause she's not around to make her voice heard on the policy.

https://www.abcactionnews.com/news/...ing-zeros-to-students-who-didn-t-turn-in-work

The lowest score that can be given to anyone in the school is 50%. This teacher gave zeroes to students who did not turn in homework, and she got fired for it.

Well, isn't 50 failing? What difference does it make?

I think it's stupid as fuck, but when you accept a job, you are adhering to their rules. It's like all of those people who like to bitch about dress codes in private institutions that they choose to attend.

Back