TCity looks unstoppable

I am a fan of both fighters but Ortega is big for the weight class (shorter than Holloway but still the bigger guy) and I think his stand up improvement and the fact that he can submit you if gets his hands on you makes me think that Ortega is going to finish Max. Ortega's last few fights have been his standup leading to a finish and I think he will continue this trend. I also think that he would beat Kabib and that is why the UFC did not want him fighting Kabib on short notice.
Certainly could happen. I think this is a very telling fight TBH.

Ortega is fucking awesome, but his run ends here (for now). Holloway is a guy who simply doesn't 'go away' for 25mins. He keeps coming, keeps throwing volume upon volume and breaks guys. Ortega has weathered storms so far, and he's a damn killer (I love his style) but the storm doesn't subside with Holloway. And Brian hasn't shown he can go 20-25 hard minutes....yet.

I would actually prefer Ortega to win though - i like them both, but there's something about an undefeated beastly finisher that just makes a title more legit. Holloway's awesome and all, but I would prefer to see Ortega with the belt......that being said, I reckon Max decisions him. It'll be bloody, brutal and dogged.

Blessedera gonna be introuble when he steps in there with Ortega. Ortega is one guys young and just as hungry as max that i dont think max has seen since he fought mcgregor. Hes fought really good competiton but none of the people he fought/beat had that big swing of momentum on their side that ortega has,

I dont think holloway is gonna look as huge as he does against past opponents either

Ortega's submission game is incredibly lethal and he has surprisingly diverse striking.

He will be a very, very tough fight for Max.

T city is what Rener and Ryron Gracie call the position where you have your legs locked around an opponents head with one arm inside and one arm outside the legs. Thats what you need for a triangle and Brian always gets that position, which is why he always gets triangles.

I think Max picks him apart at range and has the fight IQ not to get lured into a submission trap by Ortega. I'm not going to bet any money on it though ;).
This to the letter.

TCity is good and suprising everyone each time so you can never count him out, however he is unfortunately in the Blessed Era and Max is a straight scrapper that keeps coming. I got Max winning this either by Decision or TKO...

....but as Nate would say --> insert *I'mnotsuprised.gif if Ortega pulls this win.

Still think Holloway beats him but I also see it being a tough fight for Max to pull through.

I like this guy a lot but to look "unstoppable" you really can't be losing a significant number of your fights only to comeback and win....

Don't try an pretend this guy is going to beat everyone at 145....He's not.

Hes just a wierd looking dude. I still maintains he has the physical & facial structure of Bigfoot Silva, except obviously at a much smaller scale. Notice how he never seems ripped but is considered a huge 145'er? And his jawline and heavy brow looks like acroemegaly to me.

I dunno, just a weird specimen especially at 145.

His striking will always be his biggest weakness.

In mma it’s best to be a master of one and work from there.
Than a jack of all trades who is ok everywhere.

He’s always looking to finish the fight. And as a fight fan I really appreciate fighters like that.

He's a fantastic BJJ black belt :/

T city is what Rener and Ryron Gracie call the position where you have your legs locked around an opponents head with one arm inside and one arm outside the legs. Thats what you need for a triangle and Brian always gets that position, which is why he always gets triangles.

What? How else would you get a triangle without one arm in and arm out??

V9Glmql.png

<36>

Back