TBT: Everybody Wants to Rule the World - Jose Aldo vs. Conor McGregor | Best Promo in MMA history

Son Peyote

★★★★★★★★
@Brown
Reaction score
Anyone remember this?

Far & away the best promo in MMA history

I hope the UFC put in a similar effort when

Conor unifies the title with the interim champ later this year

Honorable mentions:

That horrible promo of them walking toward each other with that impotent millennial hip hop bullshit playing in the background is forever etched into my nightmares.

-Everybody-Wants-to-Rule-the-World-tears-for-fears-40218708-500-281.gif

These are their best promos by far IMO

The 193 Promo bringz teh lulz, as it is a reminder of how incredibly out of control the Rousey hype got. There was nothing more gratifying in MMA history then seeing her got knocked off her high horse. She is the definition of bully.

Too bad Aldo got whooped in record time.

It lasted 13 secs bro - not a good fight.
I know, it wasn't a Robbie vs Rory II type of fight but it was an amazing and espectacular display for those 13 seconds and the tones of hype behind it.

I know, it wasn't a Robbie vs Rory II type of fight but it was an amazing and espectacular display for those 13 seconds and the tones of hype behind it.

Are you serious? An amazing 13 seconds lol - they barely even fought!

Surprising and impressive no doubt.. but that wasn't a good fight.
To be fair, it didn't last long enough to be consider a fight (a good one) but also can't be consider a terrible fight either, imo.

They invested tons of money and hype into UFC 189 then Aldo pulled out with an injury.

I wasn't nearly as hyped for UFC 194 when they finally met. UFC 189 would be better timing.

Back