Tatiana agree to fight against Joanna!!!!!!

Taking Joanna down isn't the problem - it's keeping her down. Maybe Tatiana's style would be more successful.

But I can see Joanna, Karolina, Claudia and even Tecia as options for her next fight.

Gadelha vs Suarez would indeed be interesting. A total grapple-fest.

Right now, Suarez feels to me like a 115lb female version of Khabib.
She's got that same smothering "Once i get you down, you're totally screwed for the remainder of the round" style.

Yes I understand what you're saying there, Jeff.

- But.... the thing is that most people (especially casuals) who watch MMA have not seen any (or many) kick-boxing fights or Muay Thai fights so they won't have seen Shev vs JJ in Muay Thai (in fact, neither have I although am sure its on youtube and I tend to watch a LOT of fights, including Glory).
So I think if it happens, and its a GOOD fight (i expect it will be) then I can see it happening again. Most people will regard it as "Their First Meeting" as it certainly would be in MMA. (although not in combat sports if you include Muay Thai)
When you lose one and say "best 2 out of 3" it is a fairly reasonable request.

Best 5 out of 9 .... that's a stretch. At a certain point you just need to admit defeat.

I honestly don't see JJ beating Val. Schevchenko has made tremendous improvements and become more well rounded, gotten more muscular, and she already beat JJ 3x, at JJ's specialty.

When you lose one and say "best 2 out of 3" it is a fairly reasonable request.

Best 5 out of 9 .... that's a stretch. At a certain point you just need to admit defeat.

I honestly don't see JJ beating Val. Schevchenko has made tremendous improvements and become more well rounded, gotten more muscular, and she already beat JJ 3x, at JJ's specialty.
I tend to agree Jeff. If they do meet, I would be putting money on Shevchenko.
She has hard-core striking, she has a really good ground game, and i think she can clearly take some hard shots -- after all she's been in with Nunes twice now.

I just think that JJ has come up to a bit of a roadblock at 115lbs in that she has fought Rose twice and lost twice. So there's no validity that i can see for manufacturing currently another Rose vs JJ fight.

Shevchenko needs a dance-partner at 125lbs and.....JJ is perfect. I think everyone wants that fight : JJ would do, Shev would do, and Dana would do, so i can see that being announced in the next 7 days, really.

ps. only other person I can see would be Tatiana Suarez. I can see that too....but....probably a bit later.

She has hard-core striking, she has a really good ground game, and i think she can clearly take some hard shots -- after all she's been in with Nunes twice now.

I just think that JJ has come up to a bit of a roadblock at 115lbs in that she has fought Rose twice and lost twice. So there's no validity that i can see for manufacturing currently another Rose vs JJ fight.

Shevchenko needs a dance-partner at 125lbs and.....JJ is perfect. I think everyone wants that fight : JJ would do, Shev would do, and Dana would do, so i can see that being announced in the next 7 days, really.

ps. only other person I can see would be Tatiana Suarez. I can see that too....but....probably a bit later.

I don't see Val & Suarez meeting for at least 2 years. I can see VS vs JJ being announced soon as well. However, I don't think it will happen at MSG. JJ will likely want to put a bit of mass on.

I agree with everything you said here.

I think JJ is the most likely "dance partner" for Valentina, I just don't see her winning. I think Tatianna would be a bigger threat but I don't think she is a big enough name yet.

I personally think Tatianna Suarez has future champ and 125 (eventually) written all over her. I would favor her over everyone at 115 including JJ and Rose. Maybe Claudia gives her problems but I still might favor Tatianna due to her shear size and power.

But I think she is too green to take on Valentina now. I personally have Val at #1 P4P in WMMA (I could see a strong case for Cyborg too or even Nunes). Her entire run in the UFC has been up a weightclass from her natural weight and she damn near took the strap off of Nunes who is huge and incredibly skilled.

Tatianna reminds me a bit of Till- overwhelmingly big and too much to deal with for most of the division, young, still a bit unproven... but Tatianna fights in WMMA and there is no Tyron Woodley in women's 115.

I have my doubts as to her height too. UFC lists her at 5'5, and we all know that UFC stats are never wrong but.... She TOWERS over straw-weights.
5'5 is pretty tiny, Suarez doesn't look "petite" or tiny to me. I found a wrestling site (USA wrestling I think) that lists her at 5'7. That seems more believable to me.

IMG_2790.PNG

gmXt2ea.gif

That goes for the OP and the Suarez hype train as well.

Back