Tatami Estilo 5.0 Gi

phillyman

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has purchased or is plan on getting the Tatami Estilo 5.0 gi? Can't seem to find any reviews on it. Just wondering if it will be a good gi to get(durable yet somewhat comfortable)?
So far I have a Fushida gi and a Kingz v3 450 gi. Need more gi so I can hit more classes during the week. Would rather spend a little more money on something that would last long than a cheap gi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OArFfyYHSUc

http://www.tatamifightwear.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=estilo5.0white

I actually just received an Estilo 5.0 in navy. Beautiful color and design. The arms are a tad shorter than I expected. If it shrunk any, I would definitely not be able to use it. According to their sizing, I am an A2L (6'1.5" and 168 pounds). However, I think I just have long arms which are tough to size for. Otherwise, the gi fits great. I haven't used it yet, but I've owned dozens of gis and this one seems durable as hell.

I would definitely recommend it, though I wish they were a little more generous in their arm length. I will be keeping it as a training gi for now.

I use an estillo 4 and its awesome. I imagine the 5will kick ass too. I plan on getting one at some point but I dnt know when as im not a gi collector and my e4 and a few other gi's are still going strong.

Tatami has come ut with some awesome gi's lately, not just the estillo 5 but also the "tank" (which I did order) and the "classic". That classic is right up my alley as I dont like really flashy gi's. In fact an estillo 5 is probably the limit to my "flashiness".

Thanks ordered one yesterday(Wednesday) should get here Friday. My old Fuji and Sirius gi don't fit anymore so I brought a Kingz v3 450 and a Fushida RS. Sometimes they don't dry fast enough so I need more to put in my rotation. I don't mind a little artwork here and there but I don't want to look like an artwork book exploded on my lol

Sorry for necro.

I have one. It is quite thick and sturdy, but it did start to tear at one place after 4-5 months...

The problem is sizing. Bought one according to their size guide and only washed it at 30/40 and air-dried it as per instructions.
However, it shrank ridiculously and know both my sleeves and pants are way too short.

Need to go one size up.

BTW, anyone knows what those S sizes mean? Are those gi's just broader, while keeping the same length of sleeves and pants?

Back