Tapping To Strikes Is The Same As

Franc Mittelo

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
quitting because of an illegal strike. If the illegal strike hasn't rendered you unconscious, what the hell are you mentally tapping for?

Same thing. You don't want to fight anymore, so you find a way out.

It is also the same as tapping to a choke. If you are still conscious and you can tap, shouldn't you be trying to get out of the choke? What is the worst that can happen, you go sleep for a few seconds. LOL

A great example that happened recently is Paul Felder getting kneed in the head, by Charles Oliveira, when he was down. That knee had more impact than the little knee that grazed Poirier.

Paul Felder didn't quit. He kept on fighting and he made Charles quit.

Illegal strikes that don't KO you are not any different than a legal strike. If you are not KO, you have no reason to stop, unless that is what you want to do. Isn't this the definition of "quitting"?

When you consciously admit that you can no longer continue, isn't that the literal definition of quitting. LOL

Smells like casuals who've never competed in here.

aEkx7mwW_700w_0.jpg

Haven't seen the fight in a while, but I remember the knee which hit Poirer being a lot more significant than "little" and "grazing".

Illegal strikes can (and should) result in a DQ. It's not the fighter's job to stop the fight from said strike.

You should sign up for a jiu jitsu class, then report back here.

Tapping to strikes is the same as tapping to chokes and joint locks. So that one can avoid unecessary and inevitable damage.

So let OP not tap to a knee bar or heel hook...because he'd be a quitter!!

OP never been in a violent situation before

So much insight in one post. I will have to re-evaluate my entire conception of fighting. Why is this not on the front page of every sports publication in the country?

People need to start getting banned for this shit

Anyone that shits on people tapping should fight someone to the death and see how tough you are. 99% of the people that think tapping is pussylike are fucking retards that would give up in a fight if a guy was caving their head in the middle of the street.

Back