Tanner Rice

I train under Tanner Sam and Rod and couldnt be happier to be a member of amazonas Rice bros Jiu Jitsu. These brothers are crazy good and their little brother matthew (hes almost 6ft so not really little) but he is defiantly no joke either.
You will see all these guys making it to the top very soon. I have not been able to make it in the last month because of financial issues but I know he is getting ready for san diego trials.

Tanner and his brothers have a ungodly amount of talent most because they train from 7am to 8pm and only break they take is to eat do privates and teach class. Tanner goes down to LA to train with alliance once in a while but its amazing how good he is with only training with his brothers. Tanner will drill all the time inbetween privates and class. He eats breaths and all out lives for Jiu Jitsu.

Get ready to see these brothers come out of no where and bring many many upsets. I love these guys they are pretty much my family and have helped me soo much to get back on my feet the whole family is a blessing for me to know them.

This is what I heard. He didn't get injured. Cobrinha just didn't allow him to fight Lucas Lepri since there on the same team.

seems about right..i just watched the match tonight and he seemed just fine afterwards.

Quote from BJJ europe...Tanner Rice is a young BJJ black belt issued from Cobrinha

This guy's gym is within driving distance from me. There are a few different options in the area, such as Team Quest and stuff, but the Rice Bros are looking like the best choice.

This guy's gym is within driving distance from me. There are a few different options in the area, such as Team Quest and stuff, but the Rice Bros are looking like the best choice.

Yup. If you're wanting just Jiu Jitsu they would be the best option.

um....wat? did you really wait 2 years to ask that question? why haven't you gone to Rice Bros yet???

Did anyone catch the Taner Rice/Lovato match?

Tanner has an incredible guard and was able to keep Lovato at bay for awhile, but Lovato eventually passed and submitted Tanner.

Good match, although Tanner looked a bit out of shape and still gave up weight to Lovato.

Did anyone catch the Taner Rice/Lovato match?

Tanner has an incredible guard and was able to keep Lovato at bay for awhile, but Lovato eventually passed and submitted Tanner.

Good match, although Tanner looked a bit out of shape and still gave up weight to Lovato.

Is there a vid? I can't find it.

Surprised that Tanner would be out of shape, or get submitted for that matter.

Tanner Rice is sick. The video of him "coaching" during class is one of the funniest fucking videos I have ever watched. Would love the opportunity to train with him.

Tanner Rice is sick. The video of him "coaching" during class is one of the funniest fucking videos I have ever watched. Would love the opportunity to train with him.

This one?

Last edited:
His gym is 30 mins from me I kick myself all the time for not going up there and taking classes.

Is there a vid? I can't find it.

Surprised that Tanner would be out of shape, or get submitted for that matter.

It's on flograppling if you have the subscription.

When I say out of shape, I'm comparing Tanner to Lovato who is incredibly ripped. Tanner might be in fantastic rolling shape for all I know. Plus this match took place on Lovato's home turf.

Back