Tamper Tantrum (Mueller Thread v. 17)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy hell, Trumpbots think Occam's razor favors Trump?

Holy hell, Trumpbots think Occam's razor favors Trump?
I'm not a Trumpbot and I think Trump is very unlikely to be found guilty of any crime relating to "collusion with Russia".

I created a political predictions thread and codified my predictions on the matter. If you think I'm wrong, I'd like to see your prediction.

I'm not a Trumpbot and I think Trump is very unlikely to be found guilty of any crime relating to "collusion with Russia".

I created a political predictions thread and codified my predictions on the matter. If you think I'm wrong, I'd like to see your prediction.
I doubt Trump is indicted or charged with anything. I am pretty sure nobody knows what would happen if he were or if it is even possible. Mueller won't try it, is my guess. He'll report what he's found and his opinion or any recommendation and that's it.

If I had to guess I think he'll say he believes Trump's actions were an obstruction of justice. Nothing will come of it unless the dems take enough seats in the mid-terms and impeach.

BUT, none of that changes the fact that the fewest assumptions point to a very dirty little Trumpster. Too many people in his campaign have been caught lying, too many of his personal lawyers have gotten paid by too many Russians. I'm not saying that makes him guilty of anything, but Occam's razor is not on his side.

That is what it always comes down too, zero consideration of right and wrong.
I'm afraid I don't understand what you're trying to communicate here.

Care to put a bit finer point on that statement?

Or people meeting with Russians about adoptions always come up with excuses.

Spoiler Alert:

This won't yield what you desire.

One simple reason, try to follow along here:

Donald Trump JR. =/= President Donald J. Trump.

I know the closeness in names can be confusing, but that distinction is going to be important later on. Just remember.

Or people meeting with Russians about adoptions always come up with excuses.
Farmer Brown, I'm still waiting for your narrative that explains the numerous, unmemorable Russians and shifting accounts of contacts with them.

I doubt Trump is indicted or charged with anything. I am pretty sure nobody knows what would happen if he were or if it is even possible. Mueller won't try it, is my guess. He'll report what he's found and his opinion or any recommendation and that's it.

If I had to guess I think he'll say he believes Trump's actions were an obstruction of justice. Nothing will come of it unless the dems take enough seats in the mid-terms and impeach.

BUT, none of that changes the fact that the fewest assumptions point to a very dirty little Trumpster. Too many people in his campaign have been caught lying, too many of his personal lawyers have gotten paid by too many Russians. I'm not saying that makes him guilty of anything, but Occam's razor is not on his side.
I disagree. I liked David Brooks's line from his most recent column:

My instinct is that the Trump campaign never really colluded with the Russians because there never was an actual Trump campaign — at least not in any organized sense of that word. It was a bunch of relatives and hangers-on having random meetings with some vague hope of personal and professional enrichment.

My instinct is that the Trump campaign never really colluded with the Russians because there never was an actual Trump campaign — at least not in any organized sense of that word. It was a bunch of relatives and hangers-on having random meetings with some vague hope of personal and professional enrichment.
I can say it in two words: corrupt scumbags.

Yeah, everyone that worked for him was randomly doing dirt and lying about it ever since, randomly. Seems like the simplest explanation :rolleyes:

Yeah, everyone that worked for him was randomly doing dirt and lying about it ever since, randomly. Seems like the simplest explanation :rolleyes:

I think you are giving Trump too much credit here.

I don't agree with Brooks's use of the term "random", but I thought his salient idea was solid: Trump's "campaign" was a disorganized mess stacked with shady characters out for self-enrichment. The idea that Trump was coordinating it all seems much less parsimonious than the idea that each actor was going his own way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back