TAM is too aggressive for Sage Northcutt

the gym full of 5'6 130lbs kids?

Well, so do I but I also enjoy watching Machida and many people don't appreciate Karate standup so...

I definitely think that more people are on the Wonderboy War Wagon than aren't. He's a popular fighter.

Their way of fighting is too aggressive for someone like Sage. They like to bang because they have the boxing capabilities to do so but even then you see them getting KO'd here and there. It's a risky game in MMA. Sage needs to go train with Wonderboy. The kid needs to learn to be patient and forget trying to go blow for blow. He is too focused on being exciting which wont get him far in this game.

The kid has the speed, and even the cardio to pull off a Wonderboy type performance. Instead of being a sniper which is what Karate is good at, the kid seems to lose his temper/patience, plants his feet, and try to go blow for blow. He seems to have a Brock Lesner type reaction to getting hit. No experience in rolling with punches. I see many concussions in his future unless he changed things. He is only 21 so lets see what happens.

Get your facts right boy, he is still 19!

He'd probably be best served going back to school and forgetting about MMA, altogether.
Wow. Some Black Belt wisdom right there. You going to step up to entertain the fans in his place? No doubt you got the skills. JayE by whatever he wants!

Sage often chooses muscle workouts over technical training. His ground game ist still basic at best.

His biggest problem is his brain.
Cant think of a solution to that.

They will feed him cans as long as possible. Just think about Rorys opponents at this age.

Last edited:
Wow. Some Black Belt wisdom right there. You going to step up to entertain the fans in his place? No doubt you got the skills. JayE by whatever he wants!

I don't think Northcutt is good enough to need replacing.

His all around game looked better but he ate some hard shots

He is fighting UFC level fighters and is winning. It's not like they are signing people outside the org to fight Sage.

The UFC record of the guys he beat is 3-13, all of them got cut (except Gouti, but it's only because the fight was yesterday). Northcutt was just served a 1-3 guy on a platter and still got soundly outwrestled and rocked a few times.

So many keyboard trainers.. maybe y'all should stop acting like you know something from behind a computer and go live the life y'all seem to think you know so much about.. it amazes me, how so many dorks on here, think they know best.

Good footwork and striking, but his head movement is severely lacking.

So many keyboard trainers.. maybe y'all should stop acting like you know something from behind a computer and go live the life y'all seem to think you know so much about.. it amazes me, how so many dorks on here, think they know best.

Good post, definitely room for improvement though. Should change camps.

Take down defense needs to be much stronger, needs way better level changes/head movement, and to me mostly needs to throw way more combos. String together 2 and 3 strikes.

He's not a bum like many here want you to believe because they resent the hype machine behind him not to mention his "pedigree" He certainly belongs in the UFC. Now if he wants to climb into a contender he's going to need to really develop the skills I noted and knock off the Mr. Faber bullshit also. Lastly get the fucking Dad out of the corner and become your own man. The is a stage Dad above and beyond Teh Chris' cuck father.

I think he's a better athlete and body builder than he is a fighter. We'll see. He's still really young, but I'll be surprised if he's ever a legit top 10 fighter. I'll also be surprised if at some point the UFC doesn't put a number beside his name anyway.

He'd probably be best served going back to school and forgetting about MMA, altogether.
ha, you really don't think he has any talent whatsoever?

The real question here is more " why is Jackson Wink trying to change a kickboxer into a shitty point wrestler fighter ?"

Gouti owned him good on the feet with his straights, while being pretty gun shy. And every time he rocked Sage he just (bad) wrestlefucked him.

He probably could have ko'ed him 2-3 times in that fight. A f*ing shame.

ha, you really don't think he has any talent whatsoever?

Not a lot, really. He's being outclassed everywhere by poor fighters. No reason for him to spin his tires for the next few years and damage his health when he already comes from money.

oh-the-horror-1.gif

I agree with OP.

I'm not a huge fan of Sage Northcutt, but he looked the best and most dominant when he was throwing those short side kicks
in his last fight in Texas. I think he has great timing, too.

His offensive wresting looked vastly improved, but once he was in side control it was like he had no clue what he was doing.

Back