Talk of Khabib Possibly Going to Bellator... OK but Does He Have Fights Left on his Contract?

BrianC18t

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Recently there has been talk of Khabib possibly going to Bellator. I searched but cannot seem to find out how many more fights if any he has on his UFC contract. Is leaving the UFC for Bellator even a possibility at this point?

Anyone know?

I think there is a champions clause. You can't leave UFC as a champion. Your contract extends by 1 automatically or some shit. You can "retire"

If so, Scott Coker would eat to that.

I think there is a champions clause. You can't leave UFC as a champion. Your contract extends by 1 automatically or some shit. You can "retire"
yeah he has a contract regardless. he specifically said he would have to break it.

Champion clause extends your contract. And even if you're not champ, when your contract is up, UFC can match any offer the opposition offers, if they choose and keep you even if you want to leave. That's what happened to Gilbert Melendez. He used it to leverage more money out of UFC though. As long as Khabib is champ, he can't do that. Bottom line, Khabib has no leverage. Once you sign a UFC contract, you're stuck until Dana is done with you.

Last edited:
Could happen but I doubt it. The big fights are in the UFC, plus he is under contract and I dont think Coker/Paramount is going to fork millions of dollars for him.

That's the biggest bullshit ever.

Holyshit, do we need the Ali Act.

Fuck these cunts for ripping off the fighters so much so Dana can have a snow driveway in Las Vegas or throw a $1 million sweet 16 for his spoiled brat.

That's the biggest bullshit ever.

Holyshit, do we need the Ali Act.

Fuck these cunts for ripping off the fighters so much so Dana can have a snow driveway in Las Vegas or throw a $1 million sweet 16 for his spoiled brat.

Conor and Khabibi got paid handsomely. Plus Ronda, Anderson Silva, JBJ, GSP, Brock etc have all made millions.

But yeah, if you're the average UFC fighter(there are literally hundreds of UFC fighters) ranked 20th of the dozen or so divisions fighting on an undercard or a fight night card you won't get paid shit.

If I'm Khabib's lawyer, I'll sue the UFC for violating at will discrimination laws. And my client is not your "champion". You didn't put a belt on him after the fight, and you didn't pay him.

I seriously doubt they can get Khabib, even if they do a PPV, who are they booking him with? Chandler after he gets his title back? Could be a nice "unification" bout, but i seriously doubt he would bring huge buys to Bellator, while he might do just fine on the UFC with 500k+ PPV buys fighting anyone, all the great PPV draws need a good dancing partner to do great on PPV, Khabib needs Conor, at least for a 1M+ PPV.

Conor and Khabibi got paid handsomely. Plus Ronda, Anderson Silva, GSP, Brock etc have all made millions.

But yeah, you're the average UFC fighter ranked 20th of the dozen or so divisions fighting on an undercard or a fight card you won't get paid shit.
Bro thats fucking peanuts.....UFC stays with way too much of the money....It's a pure rip off, simple as that.

and they can't leave if they are champ...Holyshit talk about bullshit.

Always think twice before you sign a ufc contract. Your soul is Dana's.

If I'm Khabib's lawyer, I'll sue the UFC for violating at will discrimination laws. And my client is not your "champion". You didn't put a belt on him after the fight, and you didn't pay him.
what? hes still champion tho, right? putting the belt on someone doesnt make them the champ. he beat aiquinta for the belt. he won the belt, he beat conor and defended it.

hes champ. the contract sucks, but he signed it. i dont think khabib has much leverage here

meanwhile, there is talk of his retirement after 2 more fights.

Bro thats fucking peanuts.....UFC stays with way too much of the money....It's a pure rip off, simple as that.

and they can't leave if they are champ...Holyshit talk about bullshit.

True. The smartest thing to do would be to start your own organisation(like Mayweather did) that's when you really get paid. No middleman.

Which would make Khabib's talk of going to Bellator a smart ploy to keep the UFC from stripping his belt.

Which would make Khabib's talk of going to Bellator a smart ploy to keep the UFC from stripping his belt.
His contract isn't up, so it doesn't matter if they strip him.

Back