Talk about a perfect boxer for UFC

Guillermo Rigondeaux.
ive always said his style would be a perfect fit for mma. he does not depend on the high guard which is always the problem with kickboxers and boxers who transition to mma, the small gloves make blocking useless. also he almost exclusively fights on the outside and is good at keeping the fight at a distance which is necessary to avoid takedowns and clinch. ive heard he has a background in wrestling too before he became a boxer. it would have been interesting to see him in mma... Julio Cesar La Cruz is another boxer whose style would work well in mma.

It has to be Ricardo Lopez. Undefeated boxing legend who had the perfect boxing style that could be adapted for kickboxing and was well balanced and never did any move that would make him vulerable to martial artist techniques.

Great answer fellas, i just got done with a youtube video barrage of previously mentioned boxers.

Im surprised no one has said that Roy Jones is hands down the best one

So if we give Samart, Sagat, or Somrak a year of grappling training they'll be ready to school the lighter weight divisions.
Maybe. Have we tried?

What???? Please explain

He got sloppy, wasn't training as much in the gym, ended up with pretty much one game plan, which whilst, good enough to beat many, was completely found out and picked apart by an elite operator like Barrera. I believe that had he stayed with Ingle and stayed focused he could have gone on to even greater things. But that's not a unique story in boxing

He got sloppy, wasn't training as much in the gym, ended up with pretty much one game plan, which whilst, good enough to beat many, was completely found out and picked apart by an elite operator like Barrera. I believe that had he stayed with Ingle and stayed focused he could have gone on to even greater things. But that's not a unique story in boxing

He was undefeated.

So was Tyson before he ran into Buster Douglas... doesn't mean he was still operating at his peak.

But you said their carreers were on the slide. Which they weren't, they were undefeated. Just admit you said something stupid.

Kevin Kelly was a proper boxer and definitely "real competition".
He lost to Barrera, fair enough. You could even criticise his lack of heart maybe for losing once then retiring. But to just say he sucked tells me you don't really know anything about boxing do you.
Kevin was on his way out and even then he had a struggle and Kelly's wear and tear and his punching power bailed him out.

You don't have life and death struggles with Augie Sanchez and be considered a Great.

He was good at beating b-level guys and faded A level fighters but the minute he was in with some who had the skills and still close enough to his prime you saw what happened.

Kevin was on his way out and even then he had a struggle and Kelly's wear and tear and his punching power bailed him out.

You don't have life and death struggles with Augie Sanchez and be considered a Great.

He was good at beating b-level guys and faded A level fighters but the minute he was in with some who had the skills and still close enough to his prime you saw what happened.
If you read my post, I did not refer to him as great. I was directly responding to a poster who said he sucked.
Do you think Nas sucked?

But you said their carreers were on the slide. Which they weren't, they were undefeated. Just admit you said something stupid.

What the definition of on the slide? Coming down from your peak?? Just because you disagree with my view doesn't mean you can be a twat about it. In my view Naz was on the slide, he was not operating at anywhere near the level he was regardless of the competition and he got found out by Barrera.

rocky marciano the 184lb heavyweight champion of the world. simply one of the most crushing punchers and most devastating in fighters of all time.

Back