Talk about a perfect boxer for UFC

Only an idiot skips training when stepping in the ring with Marco Barrera... Use whatever excuse you want bud, reality is that cocky bullshit act he put on got beat right out of him.
It's not an excuse. That is literally what happened. And sure he was an absolute tool box for doing it.

Naseem was a midget with T-rex arm, he would be wrestlefucked in the lower divisions of MMA.

I would like the chances of a guy like David Haye in the geriatric division.
T rex arms? Whaaaat?

Itz coz you didnt watch the doc they made b4 the fight, showing Prince´s preparation for the fight.

He was mentally done. Filthy rich, in a huge palace with marble.
ItZ coZ? How old are you? And why have you substituted the S for a Z?
I dunno if I saw it or not as you haven't said what the documentary was, presented by, Channel, or any real details to decipher if I have seen it or not so I couldn't comment... Although you seem pretty strong in your assumption that I wouldn't have, without asking. Was it a private broadcast or something? Or just another blanket generalisation like previously mentioned where your opinion is right and any opposing opinion would render the Idea that one doesn't understand boxing or watch it? :s...
I stand by what I said, Naseem was good and very entertaining but was by no means great and schooled by the first properly decent boxer he came up against. Maybe he retired cos he actually knew just how outclassed he was and when in the ring, felt the class divide.
There's a boxer from my hometown who was very good and went pro but he went up against a truly great boxer and his words were - by the time I went to hit him, he was behind me.
Another fighter, all be it MMA from my hometown is Che Mills who fought in the Ufc and had a great debut fight but when I asked him about his fight with macdonald, he said the guy was like nothing he's fought against and his comments were similar in that when he went to hit him, he just wasn't there anymore.

But you're right, I don't form my opinions off TV shows and documentarys so you may be better placed to pass judgement :s

What???? Please explain
Yea i dont undertand how your career can be well on the slide before reciving your first loss.

Truth is naseem was too cocky for his own good in the end and thought he could get by without proper training, without proper sparring. Even steward who supplemented his coaching by his brothers (how fucking sad is that) said he looked like shit before that fight.

His ego got way too big.

ItZ coZ? How old are you? And why have you substituted the S for a Z?
I dunno if I saw it or not as you haven't said what the documentary was, presented by, Channel, or any real details to decipher if I have seen it or not so I couldn't comment... Although you seem pretty strong in your assumption that I wouldn't have, without asking. Was it a private broadcast or something? Or just another blanket generalisation like previously mentioned where your opinion is right and any opposing opinion would render the Idea that one doesn't understand boxing or watch it? :s...
I stand by what I said, Naseem was good and very entertaining but was by no means great and schooled by the first properly decent boxer he came up against. Maybe he retired cos he actually knew just how outclassed he was and when in the ring, felt the class divide.
There's a boxer from my hometown who was very good and went pro but he went up against a truly great boxer and his words were - by the time I went to hit him, he was behind me.
Another fighter, all be it MMA from my hometown is Che Mills who fought in the Ufc and had a great debut fight but when I asked him about his fight with macdonald, he said the guy was like nothing he's fought against and his comments were similar in that when he went to hit him, he just wasn't there anymore.

But you're right, I don't form my opinions off TV shows and documentarys so you may be better placed to pass judgement :s
He retired becasue his ego was crushed. Good job too as he was never gonna be the same again. Too many people telling him he was God.

Yea i dont undertand how your career can be well on the slide before reciving your first loss.

Truth is naseem was too cocky for his own good in the end and thought he could get by without proper training, without proper sparring. Even steward who supplemented his coaching by his brothers (how fucking sad is that) said he looked like shit before that fight.

His ego got way too big.

And it looked like he couldn't handle getting hit. It seemed like that fight was the first time lol. He was the man tho, I guess he lost the drive/will.

Prince was a little overrated sure, but he was still a very good fighter in his prime and had a style that was brutally unorthodox. He would have been a nightmare to train for if his takedown D was even decent.

This is a UFC related thread.

What boxer do you think have a style that would suit UFC striking?

I was watching Prince Nassem's fight (vs Soto), and wow, is he an amazing counter striker!! After this Lomachenko SUPER HYPE (which is deserved), one can see the true resemblance between Prince and Loma, and i can almost asure that Loma studied him

Prince Nassem wouldve been a bantam in the UFC and he has a perfect style of of striking for the UFC. Minimal if any glove and shoulder defense, all head movement and dodging!
Extreme control of distance, think Stephen Thompson.
Crazy power. Like 30 finishes in 36 fights.
Accurate!

I think Prince Nassem is not given as much credit as he deserves in the boxing community. And i pick him as the boxer with the style of striking best suited for the UFC.

War Prince

I found this too just now...

David Haye

just minus his injuries and his questionable chin

He retired becasue his ego was crushed. Good job too as he was never gonna be the same again. Too many people telling him he was God.
Basically what I said then...
If he believed it was via mistake or lack of training then his ego would have pushed him to fight back, you could argue... But in retiring, I would look at it more to the being that his ego was damaged via knowing there were levels and depths beyond him after believing he was the king of

@Aranha21
Actually I agree with @Bamboozled that when Naseem fought a real good boxer to the calibre that people said Naseem was at and now are reminiscing and saying the same - he got schooled and absolutely starched.
A lot of pundits and experts as well as boxing fans called it pre fight too.
He was an entertainer no doubt, like the globetrotters but was never a golden state warrior or 90s Chicago bull...
To say one doesn't know about something because they disagree with your opinion is lame and weak.

Kelly was a good boxer to put him at a level of Barrera just isn't accurate.

I feel like khabib will have a similar outcome in his career - when he eventually fights a truly decent oppo like that of which people say he himself is at, it will go south then people will elevate RDA (his best oppo), MJ and Barboza (average) to much higher levels to try and make his one loss seem like one in four.

RDA is arguably the best lw in UFC history, wtf are you talking about?

This is a UFC related thread.

What boxer do you think have a style that would suit UFC striking?

I was watching Prince Nassem's fight (vs Soto), and wow, is he an amazing counter striker!! After this Lomachenko SUPER HYPE (which is deserved), one can see the true resemblance between Prince and Loma, and i can almost asure that Loma studied him

Prince Nassem wouldve been a bantam in the UFC and he has a perfect style of of striking for the UFC. Minimal if any glove and shoulder defense, all head movement and dodging!
Extreme control of distance, think Stephen Thompson.
Crazy power. Like 30 finishes in 36 fights.
Accurate!

I think Prince Nassem is not given as much credit as he deserves in the boxing community. And i pick him as the boxer with the style of striking best suited for the UFC.

War Prince

I found this too just now...

Vasyl Lomachenko

He was also a state champion wrestler in highschool so his transition would be smoother than most.

The most overrated fighter in boxing history imo.

Barerra ended, exposed, and retired him... It was the first PPV fight I ever watched live, and I remember it so clearly... He never fought again.

I can see the technique, but he never brought it to the level to beat guys lije Barrera, and bought into his hype so much that he became a cartoon character.

He was also a giant cunt.

Last edited:
Ray Mercer already KO'd a former UFC champ. Hes the best boxing crossover obv.

Prince Naseem was garbage.

Lomachenko is the answer, he's also an accomplished grappler.

Prince was very good, but not elite. He would've beat anyone except for the highest level guys. His defense was always terrible, but the lower level guys never made him pay for it. He stood around with his chin straight up in the air, and used head movement to avoid punches. He was also lobbing hand grenades, but when you fight the Barreras of the world, that's not enough because he can take a great punch.

Prince had a solid chin, his defense was just so terrible. I always knew it was only a matter of time before someone touched that chin and touched it often. The old "hands down, chin up" defense always fails against elite competition. That's why Roy Jones was such an anomaly for so long. I expected that to catch up with him much sooner than it did. Although, to be fair, Jones had a much better defensive game than Prince.

To answer your question, I don't know if elite boxers can really transfer that to mma. They might have some success, but eventually they'll run into a world class grappler that will make them look stupid. They could learn enough tdd to stay on the feet through a lot of their careers, but when they face a world class wrestler, basic tdd won't get them anywhere but flat on their back.

I'm not saying it's not possible for a serious athlete like Lomachenko(don't compare him to Prince, btw. Not a good comparison) to successfully transition to mma, but he would have to tweak everything he's so good at and has been working on his entire life to make it. Even the striking in mma is different. If you stand like a boxer in mma, you're probably gonna get fucked up. He's young enough that he could do it. He already spars with TJ pretty regularly so he almost has a built in team if he really wanted to transition. But why would he? He's already making 7 figures per fight and doesn't need to.

A smaller HW with footwork, speed and deadly counters with both hands. Most UFC HW's walk right in, at best throw a jab here and there to set up an overhand or a TD. Already shown what Fedor did, so a guy who peek-a-boo's like Iron Mike.

Gets harder to find such a mold that works in light divisions, as the opposition is tougher to catch and has more tools to avoid counters.

RDA is arguably the best lw in UFC history, wtf are you talking about?
Someone a bit defensive and emotional...
Also, by arguably you mean - in your opinion?
24 ufc fights
7 losses
You already elevating his wins before he's lost eh?
UFC is a baby organisation where its very easy to say BEST EVER but it has very little credit due to the age of the organisation. Now, if you listen to Rogan too much, you may find yourself becoming him... Where every fighter, punch and action is 'arguably' the best ever - RDA is a very good fighter and I gave him credit for that but beatable? He was beat 4 times in the ufc in every way before Khabib fought him, don't hyperbole man.

A boxer with great kicks, takedowns and grappling.

Back