Taliban spec ops unit annihilating Afghanistan police using night vision, other equipment

You say that like it helps your case at all.

Afghanistan having army supply stores is slightly more plausible than what you're suggesting, that Americans are buying surplus gear and exporting it through embargos to Taliban fighters.

Still think this equipment is useless against counter-insurgency forces?

All you need is an internet connection to get NVG's, so I'm not surprised that they finally got their hands on some.

Id imagine the vietcong was harder to deal with simply because technology back then wasnt as good as today.
Vietnam took a horrible spanking in terms of casualties. I do think Arabs are losing worse.

Remember when trump made that big arms deal with the saudis? The saudis are the #1 funder of terror in the middle east.

But I'm sure you already knew that.
It wasn't Trump who sold roughly $115 billion in arms to the Saudis over the past 8 years.

But I'm sure you already knew that.

Except he was the last one to do it.

"But obama" doesn't work in this scenario.
You didn't have a problem with Obama doing it. Can't have it both ways.
Or you didn't even KNOW that Obama did it...

So now the Taliban is using the same equipment SEAL Team Six uses?

Hmmmmm.......

Annihilating the ANA or ANP is no huge feat. Buncha fucking drunks. I'm surprised the Taliban felt they needed NVG's to do so. They usually announce themselves and the Afghans welcome them in or run.

Damn taliban was winning country back with Korean war era weapons and sandels before. Now w/ night vision and M4s looks like it's accelerating...

Better declare victory bring troops home before we get annihilated. Cant be good for our image acting like we can push Russia and China around and can't beat guys with sandals.

Probably from several places. But I'd put my bet on Russian gear, for the most part, which has had this magical way of showing up on the corpses of every enemy we've fought in the last 50 years.
Bu bu but Trump said they were our friends

<Kpop775>

Probably from several places. But I'd put my bet on Russian gear, for the most part, which has had this magical way of showing up on the corpses of every enemy we've fought in the last 50 years.

LOL Russians have way better arms than that if they wanted to arm Taliban.

Just imagine how fast we'd leave if Russians armed and trained them with Igla missiles like we armed Al Queda with Stingers and other arms back in the 70s.

Russains could have us gone in a month if they wanted. They like it as is. The status quo. Blood and treasure forever. We are stupid enough to do it.

True, but it's not like the Afghan Government is a progressive democratic institution either, especially considering the covering they give to boy rapists. I'm not muslim, I'm not afghan, but I think I'd favor the Taliban in that situation. The biggest problem with the Taliban is that they allied with AQ, that was a big mistake that cost them dearly and they admit it themselves, they almost wanted to turn in OBL, however he was not there as we know now.

There's a hell of a lot more wrong with the Taliban than that.

Bu bu but Trump said they were our friends

<Kpop775>
They are not our friends. The Kremlin is laughing their asses off how we got sucked into a forever war. But they are no gonna help Taliban because it defeats whole purpose of having a forever war. These come from co-religionists who want us gone - the article mentions Iran and Pakistan which is believable since both intelligence services of those countries have been proven to aid taliban/AQ.

You say that like it helps your case at all.

Afghanistan having army supply stores is slightly more plausible than what you're suggesting, that Americans are buying surplus gear and exporting it through embargos to Taliban fighters.
You see there are guys called sympathizers all over the world. It's not hard to ship that kind of gear at all, and you make it sound like there is a giant conspiracy going on. The items mentioned are quite easy to obtain and ship. It's so simple that even you can do it.

Back