Taliban spec ops unit annihilating Afghanistan police using night vision, other equipment

Don't let their short stature fool you. They are ferocious little fuckers and know their desert like the back of their hand.

9303b23933b089586bfc442f06b2f988.jpg
Those are Jawas, ass. We're talking about sand people.

The fact that you don't acknowledge culpability is pathetic. It's a failure on many levels and ultimately it's our responsibility. I'm sure Russia would say the same about many of their Kalashnikovs, but would you use the same sorry ass excuse?

What's next? Are you gonna' tell us that the United States government trained Osama?

Wonder where they got all that equipment?

Thanks, Obama.

You realize Trump approved a $100 billion sale of weapons to Saudi Arabia, the largest funder of terrorism, right?

Of course you did. You're really smart.

Looks like NVGs and IR lasers, which are not difficult to obtain at all. You don't need a superpower to supply you with that stuff. Go to any army surplus store and they'll likely carry the items, and you can ship it wherever you want after.

Those are Jawas, ass. We're talking about sand people.

I always somehow knew that one day, while attempting to be humorous in an online discussion forum, I would be made to regret not being a level-4 Star Wars geekazoid. :(

I mean, they did. What's your point?

Just wanted to cut to the chase. US foreign policy absolutely owns everything that is currently happening in Afghanistan. Anyone trying to parse it is living in a misguided patriotic fantasy land.

Looks like NVGs and IR lasers, which are not difficult to obtain at all. You don't need a superpower to supply you with that stuff. Go to any army surplus store and they'll likely carry the items, and you can ship it wherever you want after.

Yeah, they have army supply stores all over war torn Afghanistan.

I didn't think of that.

Yeah, they have army supply stores all over war torn Afghanistan.

I didn't think of that.
Obviously reading comprehension is a bit difficult for you.

Just wanted to cut to the chase. US foreign policy absolutely owns everything that is currently happening in Afghanistan. Anyone trying to parse it is living in a misguided patriotic fantasy land.
I think it's important to not just generalize or focus on only one aspect. Theres a lot of things that have happened and are currently happening in Afghanistan and the middle east. Its not just about what one country did in another. Theres a lot of blame to go around.

Obviously reading comprehension is a bit difficult for you.

You say that like it helps your case at all.

Afghanistan having army supply stores is slightly more plausible than what you're suggesting, that Americans are buying surplus gear and exporting it through embargos to Taliban fighters.

Wonder no longer. I got you. First paragraph of the article.

“The newest additions to the Afghan battlefield are fighters sporting Star Wars-like headgear containing Russian-built night goggles, American-made M-4 automatic rifles with laser pointers, and bulky telescopic sights made in Iran or Pakistan.”

So they get them from Pakistan who gets Russian and Murican gear. The same Pakistan that has been playing both sides of the Freedom lovers, and the freedom haters war against each other

We should have left them to their kid fucking ways. Just drone the aq camps or cut off all immigration from the entire Middle East.

True, but it's not like the Afghan Government is a progressive democratic institution either, especially considering the covering they give to boy rapists. I'm not muslim, I'm not afghan, but I think I'd favor the Taliban in that situation. The biggest problem with the Taliban is that they allied with AQ, that was a big mistake that cost them dearly and they admit it themselves, they almost wanted to turn in OBL, however he was not there as we know now.

Im muslim and afghan. Although it makes me puke a little to say it, the government is better than the taliban.

Same in other places. The syrian government might be a POS, but it beats being ruled by isis/al nusra or perpetual civil war between dozens of 'moderate' rebel groups.

Always wanted to hear US's opinion on who was harder to deal with: the Taliban or Vietcongs?

Id imagine the vietcong was harder to deal with simply because technology back then wasnt as good as today.

Back