Tales of Deliciousness

Spinach, Bleu Cheese & Oregano Stuffed Chicken Breast

StuffedChicken.jpg

Throw a big handful of spinach and 10-12 fresh oregano leaves into a food processor and pulse to chop fine. Add crumbled bleu cheese and pulse a bit more, then a couple squirts of lemon juice, salt and pepper.

Butterfly your chicken breasts, then spoon your spinach & cheese mixture on to one half and fold the other half over. Salt & pepper, place in a baking dish and throw it in a 375 oven for... well... until it's done.

When it's getting close, melt half a stick of butter in a saucepan, then add juice of about a half a lemon (or if you're me, a few turns of your little lemon shaped squeezy bottle), some powdered oregano and some cracked black pepper.

Plate your chicken and spoon the lemon-butter over it in liberal fashion.

It was pretty good. Chicken is not my favorite meat, but I'll definitely make that again.

Dammit, Mr. Perfect, where is your shortcoming? Where?

Dammit, Mr. Perfect, where is your shortcoming? Where?

Well, my knitting skills have slipped over the last couple years, so I'd say that's my major one right now.

Mjadra

Mjadra.jpg

Growing up in Dearborn, MI, you learn to love Lebanese food. Mjadra is super simple, delicious and makes a great PWO meal.

Combine 2 cups of brown lentils and ~6 cups of water in a pot. Add a bit of cinnamon, cumin, allspice and 2-3 teaspoons of vegetable base and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes. Add a cup of rice (I used brown, but white is traditional), bring back to a boil, then simmer until the rice is tender.

In the meantime, slice 2-3 large onions and carameilize in olive oil. When the lentils and rice are done, add the onions and you're done.

The Mjadra in the photo is soupier than it should be, but it thickens up as it sits. I probably used a little more than 6 cups water, which was a bit too much to absorb.

Spinach, Bleu Cheese & Oregano Stuffed Chicken Breast

StuffedChicken.jpg

Throw a big handful of spinach and 10-12 fresh oregano leaves into a food processor and pulse to chop fine. Add crumbled bleu cheese and pulse a bit more, then a couple squirts of lemon juice, salt and pepper.

Butterfly your chicken breasts, then spoon your spinach & cheese mixture on to one half and fold the other half over. Salt & pepper, place in a baking dish and throw it in a 375 oven for... well... until it's done.

When it's getting close, melt half a stick of butter in a saucepan, then add juice of about a half a lemon (or if you're me, a few turns of your little lemon shaped squeezy bottle), some powdered oregano and some cracked black pepper.

Plate your chicken and spoon the lemon-butter over it in liberal fashion.

I made this tonight. It took me maybe 5 extra minutes in total time to make the stuffing on the front end, and was fucking delicious. You have given me reason to start buying chicken breasts again.

I made this tonight. It took me maybe 5 extra minutes in total time to make the stuffing on the front end, and was fucking delicious. You have given me reason to start buying chicken breasts again.

Sweet! Glad you liked it. It should work really well w/ Feta in place of bleu cheese, as well.

Bookmarked for later use. Thanks a ton man, I'm looking forward to seeing what else you come up with and post!

So far tried the tikka masala, the sheppard's pie and the frittatta. All awesome man thanks and keep it up :p

Have you ever made peanut butter chicken? If so, I'd love to see your recipe for it. I've failed miserably both times that I made it. The first time was pathetic. It was basically a chicken breast with peanut butter slopped all over it.

Bacon, Onion and Cheddar Frittata

I loves me all sorts of eggs, but lately, frittatas have been my favorite ovarian eats. They're so damn simple, too, which adds to their appeal.

Heat up a small non-stick skillet, add chopped bacon, add chopped onion, cook until bacon is to your liking. Add six omega-3 eggs beaten with some shredded cheddar and push the outer edges of the egg in towards the middle as it cooks. When you have a loose mixture with strands of cooked egg throughout, sprinkle more cheese over the top and transfer to the oven under the broiler. When the cheese is bubbly and starting to brown up, you're done. Cut it up like a pie and eat.

frittata.jpg

frittata2.jpg

Do you mean under the grill in the cooker? Because my grill is currently broken on the cooker so could i get away with just sticking the cooker up really high and leaving the door slightly ajar?

TTT in the hope that Fatty will start posting in here again :)

I'll start posting again. I've got a few photos on my camera from a while back. Work has been busting my balls lately and everything is slipping as a result.

I just de-crocked my first batch of homemade sauerkraut. It's delicious. I used kefir grains to make my own whey, which speeds the hell out of the process.

Sauerkraut

1 head green cabbage
1 head red cabbage
4 big ass carrots
bunch of parsley
2 T sea salt
1/2 cup whey

Shred everything and add it all to a crock or food safe container. Add the salt and whey in little bits along the way so it gets distributed evenly. Mix it up, press it with a potato masher and let it sit for a bit. Press some more, let sit, repeat. After 15-20 minutes, the salt will have drawn a good deal of moisture from the veggies. Put a plate or something that fits pretty snug inside your crock on top of the cabbage, push it down to submerge and place a big ass rock on top to keep it under brine. Cover the crock w/ a towel to keep dust out, then check it once a day or so. If there are "blooms" (mold), just skim off with a slotted spoon.

My kraut fermented for exactly four days and it's pretty nice. If you exclude whey and go the salt-only route, it'll take a few weeks... and you'll need more salt.

Cincinnati Chili

chili.jpg

I'll take Cincy Chili over Texas style any day of the week. I could pretend that my favorite recipe is my own, but I'd be a liar, so here's the link to the base I use. The only changes I make are 1/2 beef stock, 1/2 black coffee in lieu of all beef stock and I typically use cocoa in place of baker's chocolate since I'm more likely to have it on hand. I'll also add a can of black beans about half the time. Beef, as usual, is local grass fed.

Back