Taking Your LGBT Child To Their First Pride

Aren't half the signs explicit and people are in underwear or less? Yeah I'm good. I'll take my kids to the real zoo instead.

Why do Westerners treat their children like they hate them?
Abortion, puberty-blockers, degenerate parades of the mentally ill, hormonal experimentation on underage kids against the wishes of the parents.

More and more, I start to think the lunatic jihadis are right, and you all need to be purged.

And I am honestly curious. I mean, horrible, horrible things happen to kids here... but it's not condoned, and we all at least have the decency to feel bad about it.

Abortion, puberty-blockers, degenerate parades of the mentally ill, hormonal experimentation on underage kids against the wishes of the parents.

More and more, I start to think the lunatic jihadis are right, and you all need to be purged.

And I am honestly curious. I mean, horrible, horrible things happen to kids here... but it's not condoned, and we all at least have the decency to feel bad about it.

The media portrayal still isn't the average street. My daughters all have good friends, mostly with dads, and it still resembles what far left vocal Looneys would profess to hate. That said, the weirdness is getting closer and closer, and as a father it is taking more direct bashing of the media and its fruitiness to make them understand what normal is. I dont bash gays, but i explain what is normal, and I'm honest about reality.

Last edited:
I'm 100% supportive of gay rights, I think it's great that we've come so far where more and more gay people feel free to come out and be themselves instead of being forced to live a lie like periods of time in our recent history.

But that being said, I never understood the gay pride parade. What does men parading around naked or in thongs and people riding around on giant penis floats have to do with gay rights?

I thought we were fighting hard to remove stereotypes, but then the M.O. of the gay pride parade seems to be to dress up and act as stereotypically gay as possible.

If you carefully connect the dots ..U you may find that those jhiadists and this (forced) change the in the society are not unrelated and one is not the solution of the other..

I'm 100% supportive of gay rights, I think it's great that we've come so far where more and more gay people feel free to come out and be themselves instead of being forced to live a lie like periods of time in our recent history.

But that being said, I never understood the gay pride parade. What does men parading around naked or in thongs and people riding around on giant penis floats have to do with gay rights?

I thought we were fighting hard to remove stereotypes, but then the M.O. of the gay pride parade seems to be to dress up and act as stereotypically gay as possible.

The more craziness I see from women's groups and the gay lobby the more I believe that the wise men who came before us had legitimate reasons to keep gays in the closet and women in the kitchen. With all of this rights nonsense we have opened Pandora's box.

PRIDE parades can be very explicit in nature, you see some really odd behavior at those events, I don't even like going anymore.

I would at least wait until the kid is in High School and then they can make the decision to go or not, I'd be strongly against anyone under the age of 13 going though.

Yes and no. In Toronot, the sunday pride parade can be less than idela for kids, but the smaller saturday events are quite child/family friendly. Also, the community cunetre on church street has a lot of family friendly events.

The media portrayal still isn't the average street. My daughters all have good friends, mostly with dads, and it still remembers what far left vocal Looneys would profess to hate. That said, the weirdness is getting closer and closer, and as a father it isntaking more direct bashing of the media and its fruitiness to makenthem understand what normal is. I dont bash gays, but i explain what is normal, and I'm honest about reality.

You guys need to tear down your msm. They're global, they're trend-setting, and they present you all as lunatics on the verge of a civil war/complete societal breakdown...

If you carefully connect the dots ..U you may find that those jhiadists and this (forced) change the in the society are not unrelated and one is not the solution of the other..

I'm too imaginative and there are too many dots for me to risk racing down that rabbit-hole just yet.
I don't doubt a connection, but i'm less sure about its nature or directness.

It's because their rights and place in society have been suppressed for basically most of recent human history. If asshole social conservatives had just treated them like regular people and let them marry, we probably wouldn't have a yearly parade celebrating their rights. It's a cultural backlash to oppression. When you try to oppress human behavior it comes out stronger than before. Fundamentalists and conservatives brought the Gay Pride parade on themselves.

Imagine if something that you held sacred as part of you life was illegal and socially unaccepted for generations, then one day it all changed and you were accepted as who you were. Wouldn't you be a little celebratory too?

Yes and no. , but the smaller saturday events are quite child/family friendly. Also, the community cunetre on church street has a lot of family friendly events.
The guys with the angel'wings are not fully naked and the dog men are not whipped near the classes.
Y
I'm too imaginative and there are too many dots for me to risk racing down that rabbit-hole just yet.
I don't doubt a connection, but i'm less sure about its nature or directness.
Yes better don't mind about it too much

It's because their rights and place in society have been suppressed for basically most of recent human history. If asshole social conservatives had just treated them like regular people and let them marry, we probably wouldn't have a yearly parade celebrating their rights. It's a cultural backlash to oppression. When you try to oppress human behavior it comes out stronger than before. Fundamentalists and conservatives brought the Gay Pride parade on themselves.

Imagine if something that you held sacred as part of you life was illegal and socially unaccepted for generations, then one day it all changed and you were accepted as who you were. Wouldn't you be a little celebratory too?

Yeah I get that but it doesn't really answer my question: why does parading around in thongs, riding huge penis-shaped floats and living up to every silly gay stereotype imaginable represent homosexuality? Especially when we're a society conditioned to believe that stereotyping is a serious offence?

If a TV show depicted a homosexual man who was obsessed with penis, talked in an exaggerated lisp and ran around in skimpy clothing, gay groups would be up in arms (if it even made it to air). But that behavior is right at home in a pride parade, where the message is "this is what we are".

Yeah I get that but it doesn't really answer my question: why does parading around in thongs, riding huge penis-shaped floats and living up to every silly gay stereotype imaginable represent homosexuality? Especially when we're a society conditioned to believe that stereotyping is a serious offence?

Some of them run around in stuff like that. That's also part of their culture that people like you stereotype. The stereotype exists because a certain portion of a population fits that stereotype. The problem is when you assume they all act like and and do those things, when they don't. Not even the Gay Pride parade is completely full of people like that. There's plenty who dress normal and act normal, but that's not something you get to trash talk about so it gets no attention. I actually go to the parades most years. My girlfriend is a huge LGBT community supporter and often volunteers at the parades. So I usually sit uncomfortably nearby. Uncomfortable because I'm not gay and it bothers me, but I'm also an American and realize they have rights too. So I suck it the fuck up and get over it. Just because something makes me uncomfortable doesn't give me the right to tell them they can't do it or shouldn't do it. It's part of being an American. I have freedoms. They have freedoms.

If a TV show depicted a homosexual man who was obsessed with penis, talked in an exaggerated lisp and ran around in skimpy clothing, gay groups would be up in arms (if it even made it to air). But that behavior is right at home in a pride parade, where the message is "this is what we are".

It's literally a single day where they get to act out and express themselves. I'm much more happy with them celebrating love and dicks one afternoon a year than the daily glorification of violence we see all over television and other media. Even kids movies have people getting killed off screen and on screen, but there's silence for that. As soon as a man loves the wrong type of person, you guys come crawling out the woodworks for some reason.

Again, these parades are a reaction to conservative oppression against their lifestyle and sexuality. Conservatives brought the shit on themselves. Should have minded your own fucking business and you wouldn't have to deal with a dick parade.

Should have minded your own fucking business and you wouldn't have to deal with a dick parade.

Christ, get off your soap box. You're just rambling on like an angry SJW and not making any rational points. I don't care about a dick parade, I'm not offended by it, it has no impact on me. I never questioned whether or not they should have a right to parade like that, and never advocated for it to be banned. I never asked what your girlfriend does (no one cares) or what makes you uncomfortable (no one cares).

Congrats, I don't think I've talked to anyone on Sherdog who managed to ramble off so much nonsense and come no where close to answering a question.

Can you imagine if the defining feature of your life and personality was what kind of person makes you cum?

Because it only really offends the people that were oppressing them to begin with. It's the gay community putting it right in their face. Again, you're generalizing the entire parade as thongs and dicks.

5de9a7dded6a48ebbe1d3c7ec3583aaf-780x573.jpg

Here's one photo of the parade. Do you see dick floats and men in thongs? Or do you see regular people dressed normally?

Typically any group would be upset if someone made a stereotypical caricature of their group. If the group is simply participating in activity that they enjoy despite you stereotyping it, it's not quite the same.

Here's one photo of the parade. Do you see dick floats and men in thongs? Or do you see regular people dressed normally?
They aren't in that picture, but they are in that parade somewhere.

Christ, get off your soap box. You're just rambling on like an angry SJW and not making any rational points. I don't care about a dick parade, I'm not offended by it, it has no impact on me. I never questioned whether or not they should have a right to parade like that, and never advocated for it to be banned. I never asked what your girlfriend does (no one cares) or what makes you uncomfortable (no one cares).

Congrats, I don't think I've talked to anyone on Sherdog who managed to ramble off so much nonsense and come no where close to answering a question.

The only people on a soap box right now are conservatives pissing and moaning about a pride parade when they criminalized their behavior and ruined their lives for decades. If you didn't support their persecution, then you simply aren't part of that group and shouldn't be offended.

Back