Taking synthetic Testosterone should be allowed ONLY UNTIL..

It's not even possible to do that since I levels fluctuate greatly over a day when injecting test.

Testosterone is an overrated steroid on this forum.

One could argue that is completely different...if someone's body produced very little insulin levels and became diabetic, would you then say the same thing? there is no difference...both are hormones needed for proper health...a person's height is some thing they are born with.... a person's hormone level can be manipulated to be in the normal range...
The issue I see though is that Testosterone is manipulated. I know there are ways to show up and get tested with seeming lower levels then you normally have and can get put on therapy

At a basic “moral” level though no I don’t have an issue with it

If you have below average testosterone it was probably because you were raiding before. Meaning you have other sustained advantages from that like less damage taken in previous fights, permanent strength gains and better technique from superhuman recovery abilities allowing more practice.

I say make these raiders fight with infant level testosterone levels and tits sagging to the floor.
Didn't know WOW would fuck up my test levels that bad.

The thing about TRT is that it still is a ped even when used appropriately. It keeps your T levels at a constant level. No fluctuation. In your natural state your T level can rise and fall...overtraining, bad diet, sleep issues etc. Can all contribute. You take TRT, you don't deal with any of those issues. That's why they can train for x amount of hours longer and harder than without TRT. Most past users like Chael said it really was about the recovery time. It decreased recovery to like nothing, while if you kill it in the gym today, naturally you're gonna have to take the next 2 days pretty easy in order to recover. While on TRT. It was like magic. You were recovered the next day.

It would be hard to have everyone within limit. Alot would be over. Not everyone reacts well to using steroids. Shit could give you a panic attack.

If you have low testosterone then tough shit. Deal with it. Just like midgets who fight at FLW have to deal with the hand nature dealt.
Then why do fighters with low thyroid hormone allowed to take levothyroxine.

FjpXKp.gif

Absolutely unfair

Older people have more experience but lower t levels. This is how nature works. You can’t give them high t plus their experience. It wouldn’t be fair to the young guys.

100%. And that's if we are talking about fair usage. Which isn't the case in MMA. You have monsters in their 20s taking it for some reason.

Well, we all know that reason is they have been on the gear since they were high school wrestlers, so their bodies don't work anymore. Only science can get them the levels they should have naturally (and then a little more).

Can levotyroxine be abused to increase muscle mass and performance? If so ban it too.
It can speed up metabolism and help fighters lose fat, and thus cut weight. Yet, WADA/USADA doesn't consider it a PED, even though athletes in certain sports use it as a PED.

Unless there's pathology there's a reason why testosterone levels are on the low side. For a fighter it's basically never primary hypogonadism, it's always secondary. This is the product of hard training, age, previous steroid abuse, or inadequate recovery. All of these things can affect the hypothalamus or the pituitary gland peripherally.

Also head trauma? By then it's probably time to retire.

It can speed up metabolism and help fighters lose fat, and thus cut weight. Yet, WADA/USADA doesn't consider it a PED, even though athletes in certain sports use it as a PED.

Good info. Thanks

T levels are returned to within the normal range. Then, surely, there could be no argument the fighter had an unfair superhuman advantage over his opponent.

define normal range?

and how do you constantly monitor it? would require constant blood testing every morning.

ps. if you fuck up your t levels by doping then tough shit..

If you have low testosterone then tough shit. Deal with it. Just like midgets who fight at FLW have to deal with the hand nature dealt.

Give them stilts so they can be the hight of an average male

Testosterone levels drop naturally as you age. If a guy who is 40 is able to take a PED to make him have the same testosterone as an 18 year old then it's cheating. The 40 year old has experience and loses out on some physical attributes. It's the way it is. Plus people abuse it. Guys like Mir, Duffee etc need TRT when they are 6'3 and 265lbs of muscle? Lol sure they do.

Is it cheating when we take the most modern medicines for diseases? or the the latest surgery methods...is that cheating? cheating to me is taking something that gives you an unfair advantage, not something that just puts you back at normal...whether aging reduces test levels naturally or not, doesn't matter...a normal test level is needed for overall health and many other things a man needs to be happy...age itself is a disorder...nothing more...if we can offset that, we should do it...

There is variability in sensitivity to testosterone and the number of testosterone receptors each of us has. You and I could both take TRT and get our blood testosterone levels to the same amount within the "normal range" and yet the effects on us could be drastically different.

The only way to keep it fair is to ban TRT altogether. Let genetics, training, and nutrition determine who is the best fighter, not who has the best doctors and chemists.

If 2 people take 1000 mg of test, they are both going to have dramatic results...they won't be the same...but test will effect them both...some people just have a higher potential for speed, power, strength. there's an old saying...millions of people take steroids and workout, yet very very few people can look like arnold...there's many other factors.

Low natural testosterone is indicative of having doped previously. Can't benefit habitual cheaters.

Aging, plus damage accrued from high athletic performance, has effects on testosterone production. Past the age of 30 people really start slowing down.

Back