Taking caffeine pill before kickboxing bad reaction?

Alanf7

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I have taken them twice now and the first time i got cold, shaky and nauseaus after the workout, no problems during.
Today i took it again before the workout. I was feeling lightheaded during the training. I managed to do the drills and warmup. When we started the sparring i sparred very lightly with my brother, hit him a few times, without him tagging me. He didn't hit me, but after 30 seconds i still got more lightheaded than i was and stopped because i just froze. I went home after and felt like fainting in the subway for a moment and home i was nauseaus and shaky again.

Can this happen when you take a caffein pill? I used to take c-4 preworkout shake in the past without any problems during my weightlifting, so it's strange that this suddenly happens.

Any ideas?

Yes, most caffeine pills are considerably higher doses than sups with caffeine in them and the symptoms you listed are common with excess caffeine. I'm not even a fan of pre-workout drinks with caffeine personally but to each their own. You might lessen the effect by taking after eating a decent amount of food and ensuring plenty of fluids but the bigger question is why take them at all?

Yes, most caffeine pills are considerably higher doses than sups with caffeine in them and the symptoms you listed are common with excess caffeine. I'm not even a fan of pre-workout drinks with caffeine personally but to each their own. You might lessen the effect by taking after eating a decent amount of food and ensuring plenty of fluids but the bigger question is why take them at all?
I thought they would help me get less tired during class because my cardio is pretty bad atm. But getting lightheaded is common with some users? I will avoid them from now on.

If only it were that easy. If your cardio is suspect the caffeine will only speed up and accentuate your "out of gas" symptoms. A very small amount can help in some instances but in general, the only way to improve your cardio is by doing cardio work and working as hard as you are able to increase your tolerances over time.

If only it were that easy. If your cardio is suspect the caffeine will only speed up and accentuate your "out of gas" symptoms. A very small amount can help in some instances but in general, the only way to improve your cardio is by doing cardio work and working as hard as you are able to increase your tolerances over time.
Yes, i tried to take the easy way and paid for it i see now, Thanks for the help.

Stay away from caffeine pills.

In addition to all the issues you mention in the OP, they can cause massive mood-swings. I'm not kidding, unless you're very tired and have a long drive ahead of you before you can sleep, don't mess with them.

Yes I tried a workout booster before BJJ and felt like a sack of shit. Never again

Back