Taking a shit while at BJJ class?

ColClaypool

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I always wondered, but never asked anyone in class this question because i was too embarrased.

Is it againt dojo code or does anyone ever get annoyed if during class while working out, your partner leaves to take a shit?

I mean, for some reason, if I eat anything before class, as soon as we start working out my stomach starts to rumble, and i know that its shit time. But it ocured to me yesterday, after working on some triangle drills that my partner may be grossed out.

I have to say, i was a little embarassed, and I have never made this a regular thing, but It made me curious if anyone else thought the same?

its best to take a shit, so you dont start droping gas bombs every time somebody presses on your stomach

Peopel woudl rather you stop to use the restroom then shit on the mat, lol

Young fella, eh?

Sometimes in life man, you're gonna come to these crossroads and there will be plenty of opinions out there on which way to go. This is when it is most important to trust your gut. You will have to make this decision yourself. Take a minute and ask 'yourself', how bad do I have to go? Believe in yourself and the answer will come. Trust me. :icon_lol:

i think youre cool as long as you dont leave shit crumbs on your partner

Dude just go to the fucking bathroom, excuse yourself but dont give vivid details of the fortcoming diarea and stuff. Shouldnt be a problem...

dude who cares if someone excuses themselves to use the bathroom? if you hear a dude go into the bathroom to drop a duece and you dont hear the sink turn on afterwards, yes there is a problem. i see no problem as long as the dude washes his hands. oh yeh, stop eating right before bjj...eat a few hours prior.

take a shit if you must....but try to get your shit taking routine down where you take a shit either before or after class.

Don't listen to these guys.
I think you need to seriously consider the notion that perhaps you have not fully made it out of your toilet-training phase.
It is important to be sure of your skills before advancing in life. Just like in BJJ...you wouldn't enter a purple belt division of a tourney if you were only a white belt, right?

If you just haven't fully developed your skill in holding your bowel movements for more socially appropriate times, then just go back to wearing diapers until you're ready for the big boy underwear. Depends undergarments come in different sizes, you know.

Just remember to put a little baby powder in them to keep smelling fresh when you're rolling with a big poo-poo in your diaper.

just go in your pants and continue training. that shows dedication to the sport. your training partners will respect you for it.

DMcKayBJJ said:
Don't listen to these guys.
I think you need to seriously consider the notion that perhaps you have not fully made it out of your toilet-training phase.
It is important to be sure of your skills before advancing in life. Just like in BJJ...you wouldn't enter a purple belt division of a tourney if you were only a white belt, right?

If you just haven't fully developed your skill in holding your bowel movements for more socially appropriate times, then just go back to wearing diapers until you're ready for the big boy underwear. Depends undergarments come in different sizes, you know.

Just remember to put a little baby powder in them to keep smelling fresh when you're rolling with a big poo-poo in your diaper.

Good advice. lol!

I personally force myself to take a dump before each class. but I also take a shower before and after class too.

I blame all the vegitables and protein bars ...

Their is nothing wrong with it,but i wouldnt wanna say to my partner that i have to go and poop.

eddydbod said:
its best to take a shit, so you dont start droping gas bombs every time somebody presses on your stomach
I have to seriously agree with this post. And, if you feel a little unfresh afterwards, just do what Tom Arnold does and, after you flush, dip a piece of toilet paper in the water and clean it up a little better than just plain dry paper could do.

As long as you wipe your ass and don't have shit all of over your hands and your gi when you finish, i can't really see a problem. When you gotta go, you gotta go, you can't just not do anything about it and shit your pants, ESPECIALLY while rolling with somebody. I gotta be honest, i'd be a little pissed off if somebody shit on me while they were going for an armbar.

I would be a bit pissed off if I was rolling with a guy who stopped to go take a shit then come back and want to roll. I for one know enough about my body to be able to avoid having to take a shit in the time lapse of my BJJ class. I don't even stop to take a piss and I drink in my class about 3 liters of water tipically and i take a piss after class is done. (3 and a half hours)

ColClaypool said:
I always wondered, but never asked anyone in class this question because i was too embarrased.

Is it againt dojo code or does anyone ever get annoyed if during class while working out, your partner leaves to take a shit?

I mean, for some reason, if I eat anything before class, as soon as we start working out my stomach starts to rumble, and i know that its shit time. But it ocured to me yesterday, after working on some triangle drills that my partner may be grossed out.

I have to say, i was a little embarassed, and I have never made this a regular thing, but It made me curious if anyone else thought the same?

Just wipe real well, cause i can't stand rolling with a dude who smells like ass.

Back