Taken 2 (2012)

i disagree. AP 2 definitely seemed like a direct to video movie (was it?).

What about Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo?

It was direct-to-video, yes, but I've seen plenty of DTV movies that were better than a lot of theatrical releases. Don't fall into the trap of thinking that more money necessarily means a more interesting script.

I'm not saying AP2 was a very good movie. Only that I found it a more interesting watch than Taken 2.

As for Breakin' 2, that's a movie that's been on my list a long time but I have not yet sat down for it.

It's been a long while since I've seen Taken 2, but I do remember being entertained by it, at least by action movie standards.

The thing is, the action is so choppy because of the editing that it's not even really satisfying on THAT level.

But have you seen Taken 3?
I thought it was better than the first two.

The worst thing about this film is how epic is started. Rade Serbedzija as the bad guy and how they want revenge gathering all the ruthless Turks or whatever they are at the beginning, I thought we are off to a great start.

Then it just went to horrendous shit.

Taken 2 is really really shitty.
I'm not even sure i saw taken 3

@shadow_priest_x
Check out Rob Roy and The Grey next for Liam Neeson run

Rob Roy is older and not just a straight action movie, but it's actually good

The Grey is a post-Taken action movie, but it's got some fun psychological elements that made it stand out to me

@shadow_priest_x

The Grey is a post-Taken action movie, but it's got some fun psychological elements that made it stand out to me

Both definitely worth watching. The Grey is almost comically simple but it still works quite well in the end.

It was nothing special but it wasn't that horrible.

Give Highlander 2 a shot if you want reach new depths of plummeting from film 1 to film 2.

Or Caddyshack 2.
Highlander 2 was comic gold. It was Sharknado before Sharknado type films. The movie went in trying to be over the top stupid and succeeded.

Highlander the source on the other hand was trying to be serious as a finale for the TV show and was the most awful piece of crap ever produced.

CaddyShack 2 WAS awful. No Dangerfield to save this one with its PG rating.

@shadow_priest_x

I've seen The Grey. It was pretty good.

I'll have to check out Rob Roy. I remember seeing it in sitting on the shelves at Blockbuster back in the day. I'll put it on the list.

Right now I'm targeting that specific run of thriller movies that started with Taken and has run through The Commuter. Three left: A Walk Among the Tombstones, Unknown and Taken 3.

I must have watched the 1st a million times
It was fun and easy on the eyes

The 2nd.. don't think I even finished it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back