takedowns against the cage yes or no?

This problem is entirely localized to the keys that control punctuation on every device you have used in the ten years you have been posting on Sherdog?

It must be the work of an enemy stand!

yeah the majority of grapplers use lower body takedowns i will neve rget good at hip throws besides uchi mata and harai goshi basic hip tosses i just feel are just to hard to do vs good guys reminds me of going a kesagatame position holding the head once your there your stuck trying to transition back to side control your prob getting your back taken i guess body locks and shrug by's to mat returns are good options for upper body vs the cage if your really good inside trips

Look at Nieman Gracie's fights; he sets up an excellent step around/polish throw using the cage to get his leg deep around in between the the opponents, making for a high percentage finish. Roger Gracie used the same technique in his last fight two years ago too. And although he did not capitalize, Demian Maia's go-behind with the underhook vs Kamaru Usman was also a virtuous technique.

I think it's good to use the cage the close the distance and tie up. But to finish the TD it looks like pulling them away is the best way. It seems like a better way than the standard double.

I'm definitely a noob when it comes to this position, but what about this sort of technique?

It's from John Salter...involves using your knee to create space between the opponent and the fence.

I'd hate to necro. But I can't create threads and no point when there is one anyways.

As a tall guy and striker who primarily works defensive wrestling I love being pushed against the cage. You are working and all I have to do is rest widen my base and control your head.

If I can get an underhook and sort of a thai clinch across your face I'll use my long limbs as levers to manipulate your head. The whizzer also works too.

When you have a wall supporting you you can do weird things too. Like a standing omoplata which I've caught a few guys in in practice. I'd like to see how effective it is in competition. Uchi Mata and probably other throws can be quite effective too with your back to a wall. You just have to be careful because it will land weird and you could give up your back easily if you mess it up.

i have never trained inside a cage, but i found extremely to take down even bigger and stronger people with a doubel leg if they have their back against a wall, by wrapping by arms around their legs and then pulling them away from the cage and towards me

Back