Takedown name and value

Wariowokecancel

You can cancel but you can’t wake
@Gold
Reaction score
My trainer who is a hardcore BJJ guy, Braulio Estima black belt, has me doing a takedown technique where you go in with your head under your opponent's lead leg's shoulder while grabbing your opponent's lead leg above the knee to tip him over. You use your head to push your opponent forward and sideways. Your other hand is grabbing your opponent's back leg but not doing anything apart from that. You basically tip the guy over. The result should be your opponent looking like you just picked him up and slammed him.

I asked him if this has technique has a name because I've seen it in MMA but he just calls it a double leg variant. I was asking because I can't figure out if this is more effective than just a simple double leg on the knees. If I go for the simple version I end up in mount or at worst guard, this takedown seems to land in side control at best. Flashy but effective?

Something like this? If so: yes, it is just a double leg variant.

Something like this? If so: yes, it is just a double leg variant.

Hmm, no. He's going for a double grab below the butt. I'm being taught to go under the lead shoulder and lift the lead leg with my other hand just acting as pivot.

Hmm, no. He's going for a double grab below the butt. I'm being taught to go under the lead shoulder and lift the lead leg with my other hand just acting as pivot.
Okay, well I would just go for a double/single leg, or a takedown that you feel more familiar with. If you can perfect it, then you can constantly land it and land in good positions.

Okay, well I would just go for a double/single leg, or a takedown that you feel more familiar with. If you can perfect it, then you can constantly land it and land in good positions.

I like the simple GSP feint rush double leg takedown. Makes sense to me. But I also have a mean single leg which I should work on.

Back